what did you do on or to your bike today? - Page 345 - Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum
Harley-DavidsonForums.com is an independent enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Harley-DavidsonForums.com is not sponsored by or in any way affiliated with Harley-Davidson Inc.. The Harley Davidson names and logos are trademarks owned by Harley-Davidson Inc.

Go Back   Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum > General Forum > General Motorcycle Related

» Insurance
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-23-2012, 07:28 AM   #3441 (permalink)
Banned

Rode to work...a balmy 37 .
RAD_Softail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 08:22 AM   #3442 (permalink)

Yesterday was around 70 in Nebraska and today's high will only be 37. It's 25 degrees right now and am about to head out on my annual "Day after Thanksgiving Ride" with a handful of other people. It'll be a little chilly! Good thing I bought that heated jacket liner. I think I'm gonna need it today.

I'm at about 4,900 miles so need to get my new bike in for the 5K service. I assume I'll have to stop wherever I am at 5,000 miles and get it towed home or to the dealer or it'll fall apart

The bad part is that the dealer I normally go to is 40 minutes away and when I take it in for service I'm going to get the brake/tail light LEDs put on a few other things, so I'll be stuck there a half a day while they do the service. Too bad they don't have a loaner program where I could go riding while they work on my bike.
Old 11-23-2012, 09:38 AM   #3443 (permalink)
Union Ironworker

Took a 150 mile trip north, decided it was cold enough (around 40 most of the trip) to get some soft lowers to keep the wind off my legs, on the way back I stopped by the local shop and picked some up.....what a difference......
Old 11-23-2012, 02:44 PM   #3444 (permalink)

Garage
I stripped all the old flaking black finish off my heads and jugs. They look great - I'm going to leave the heads natural aluminum sand finish and repaint the jugs black with polished edges. I also cleaned all the carbon out of the heads and off the pistons while I was at it.

I ordered the last of my parts for my rebuild - should be here next week. Can't wait to get it all put back together.
bikedelic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 05:22 PM   #3445 (permalink)
Flat Land Redneck

Set up some exercises and did some parking lot practice today. A friend of mine found an abandoned industrial park out in the middle of the woods, though it is in the city limit. It's only ten min. or so from my house and five from his. It has no buildings, but it has six paved cul de sacs, with like new 4 lane asphalt access. We used hi-vis orange duct tape to mark our exercises so as not perm. deface anything. We talked with the city Police Chief and got his blessing, so it's all cool there. We were out there for several hrs. and never saw or heard a car. A really peaceful and secluded place. It was a good time.
Old Coot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 06:59 PM   #3446 (permalink)

Took the bike out to meet a friend then ride down to see my son who was about an hour away, by the end of the day I had put about 150 miles on her

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

2012 Switchback, 14" chubby apes, Rinehart 2-2 exhaust, SERT
LugoffSC_FLD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 07:51 PM   #3447 (permalink)
On Probation

70 degrees here today.......took a nice ride with my buds.
SE Ventilator
SE Super Tuner
Jackpot Stainless Header
Rinehart 4" Muffs

I'll try to be nicer........if you try to be smarter.
HDSickness is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 08:14 PM   #3448 (permalink)

Took my Streetglide to the dealer to have some things installed. Color-matched inner fairing, chrome wheels, chrome fork sliders, Hawg-Wired 300 watt amp and component speakers, heated grips, passing lamps and turn signals, and the 1000 service.
2006 Cobalt Blue Street Glide
1998 Tangerine and birch Heritage Softail
and more Hondas than I can remember. 2
emmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 06:31 PM   #3449 (permalink)
DIRTBOY

rode from Vegas to Laughlin AZ, had breakfast they road the old 66 through oatman then after a stop, continued on to Kingman, AZ. stopped into mother road H-D for some poker chips and then came back to Vegas by coming over the Pat Tillman Bridge over the hoover Dam.

about 340ish miles and some great scenery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Illiniwek View Post
Please understand that I know nothing of the parts that SCHMIDTYS is referring to. I'm guessing on logic and NOT wrenchability.
mixedbreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 07:24 PM   #3450 (permalink)
Flat Land Redneck

Rode up to the local dealership and picked up a set of pads for my frt. brakes. With the help of a friend changed them out. Like new now.
Old Coot is offline   Reply With Quote