Harley Davidson Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

what did you do on or to your bike today?

2M views 27K replies 1K participants last post by  shiney b 
#1 ·
just like the title says, what did you do?

i adjusted the apes:nod a few inches forward to get the wanted riding position. I think I missed the mark as i still have a little more fine tuning needed to get my arms just right.

then rode 16 miles to work, a bit cool but the air was very clean and fresh.

#6,964 ·
Yesterday got in a couple of miles with the OL taking her to the local BBQ joint for lunch.

Hell, I achieved the trifecta, Harley, real BBQ and the OL!!!

Now I miss all three of them as I just landed back in DC… Sigh…

#6,968 ·
New to me 93 FXSTS. Took both wheels off and removed tires. New tires arrive tomorrow. Found a ton of rust under the rubber strip on the front wheel. Took me an hour to wire brush and scrape it off and treat what was left. Back wheel was not bad. 20 year old bike so wasn't surprising.

Also removed both Samson Street Sweepers to install Big City Thunder Baffles. They arrived this evening.

Removed existing windshield mount for new mount and windshield arriving tomorrow.

Long day. Wrestling the tires off wore me out. Relaxing with a scotch and a hot tub!

#6,969 ·
Damn.

I eff'n love having my motorcycle.

Today was 64 degrees and a cloudless sky.

I just finished installing Rinehart True Duals, Power Commander and Screamin' Eagle A/F. Today was my first ride with this stage, going from bone stock. My old Roadie felt like a different machine. Even the ride felt better with a new Michelin Commander II on the rear. 143 mile check-out ride with a big wide grin all the way.

I couldn't help feeling sorry for my forum buddies in the snow. Here's hoping it's an early spring for y'all!

Can't wait for tomorrow -- It's forecast to be an even better day here.

Life is good.

--

#6,970 ·
Damn.

I eff'n love having my motorcycle.

Today was 64 degrees and a cloudless sky.

I just finished installing Rinehart True Duals, Power Commander and Screamin' Eagle A/F. Today was my first ride with this stage, going from bone stock. My old Roadie felt like a different machine. Even the ride felt better with a new Michelin Commander II on the rear. 143 mile check-out ride with a big wide grin all the way.

I couldn't help feeling sorry for my forum buddies in the snow. Here's hoping it's an early spring for y'all!

Can't wait for tomorrow -- It's forecast to be an even better day here.

Life is good.

--
So much greatness in this post.

#6,972 ·
New to me 93 FXSTS. Took both wheels off and removed tires. New tires arrive tomorrow. Found a ton of rust under the rubber strip on the front wheel. Took me an hour to wire brush and scrape it off and treat what was left. Back wheel was not bad. 20 year old bike so wasn't surprising.

Also removed both Samson Street Sweepers to install Big City Thunder Baffles. They arrived this evening.

Removed existing windshield mount for new mount and windshield arriving tomorrow.

Long day. Wrestling the tires off wore me out. Relaxing with a scotch and a hot tub!

You might want to check runout on those rims before you mount the new tires. If they are out-of-round, chances are the spoke nipples are gonna take some work to free them up for trueing the wheel back up.

--

#6,973 ·
Haven't done anything yet..but it's going to be in the 70's todays and just got done working 7 days straight.....so I'am going to RIDE......get out and do a little Christmas shopping on my bike, almost will make it enjoyable....

#6,976 ·
Rode into work this morning at about 45. Hit a few very dense patches of fog. A little unnerving, but came out of it to blue skies. This afternoon will be in the 70s for the ride home. After work, I have to run a few errands. May pick up the daughter and go Christmas shopping for a few final items.
Makes me smile when I think of getting off work and riding. Crap, now I'm smiling at work. What will they think? Going to ruin my reputation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.