what did you do on or to your bike today? - Page 356 - Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum
Harley-DavidsonForums.com is an independent enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Harley-DavidsonForums.com is not sponsored by or in any way affiliated with Harley-Davidson Inc.. The Harley Davidson names and logos are trademarks owned by Harley-Davidson Inc.

Go Back   Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum > General Forum > General Motorcycle Related

» Insurance
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2012, 07:59 PM   #3551 (permalink)
Acta Non Verba

Got the call today from the new shop that my FXDFs vibration problem has been fixed, the list of things that the other shop had messed up was long, I'll do another post on the specifics but, the main problem was that when reassembling my bike the "bad" shop reinstalled the pin on the kick stand backwards and it was touching the motor, thus creating the vibration.

I am quite pissed at that shop for letting such a simple thing cause me 3 months and several $$ worth of frustration as well as irritated with myself for not finding it.

All is well though, the new shop discovered a litany of other things the "bad" shop messed up, so I'm glad I was pushed to the point of taking the bike somewhere else, the new shop even replaced the front tire for FREE because of the other shops had the forks misaligned making the tire wear odd. Can't beat that. They may be 70miles away but, I'll be doing all my Harley business there now. And my own maintenance. (the new shop will even help me if come across something that stumps me when doing my own wrenching.)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus
Old 12-13-2012, 06:40 AM   #3552 (permalink)
Guitar NOT Gator

It was a balmy 35, I was past due for some saddle time. My finger tips are killing me and I should have taken the extra 5 minutes to put on some chaps. None the worse for wear. Just good to be back on 2 wheels!

Gone but not forgotten....
2001 Road Glide, 2006 VRSCR, 1996 Buell S2T, 1987 XL883 Hugger, 1980 GL1100, 1987 Suzuki Intruder 700, 1978 Honda Hawk 400
....and fondly missed....
1995 FLHT "Geezer Glide" 127k miles - RIP (1997-2010)

http://www.doolinband.com - the band!

Dr. Rick "Superman" Doolin 1970-2014. Miss you bro.
gtrman66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 08:29 AM   #3553 (permalink)
Banned

Left the bike home this morning . Temps were hovering just above freezing and the roads were still wet from the rain yesterday. Didn't want to take a chance on finding ice on a curve.
RAD_Softail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 02:49 PM   #3554 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAD_Softail View Post
Left the bike home this morning . Temps were hovering just above freezing and the roads were still wet from the rain yesterday. Didn't want to take a chance on finding ice on a curve.
Mines at home too, not cause of bad weather, but lack of cargo space. Can't carry the misses Christmas tree on the back of a wide glide

Sent from my XT907 using Motorcycle.com Free App
D1W1G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 02:56 PM   #3555 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by D1W1G View Post
Mines at home too, not cause of bad weather, but lack of cargo space. Can't carry the misses Christmas tree on the back of a wide glide

Ever tried it?
RAD_Softail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 04:04 PM   #3556 (permalink)
Village Idiot

Garage
Nothing Dammit!! The guy at the machine shop got hurt on the job and his work got backed up while he recovered. I am glad he is OK and back to work, but it is pretty frustrating to sit here in decent riding weather in GA while the heads and jugs are out for machine work...
The object in life is not to arrive in a pristine well taken care of body; rather it is to slide in sideways, body thoroughly used up, a drink in one hand and chocolate in the other, screaming "That was one HELL of a ride!!!"
Tom31w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 04:24 PM   #3557 (permalink)

I cleaned her up today from the rain-storm I rode in a couple of days ago. Dang, now that was a nasty job.
Bama Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 04:46 PM   #3558 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAD_Softail View Post
Ever tried it?
Not with a tree dangling behind me Lol. Guess I could stuff it in my back pack

D1W1G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 08:38 PM   #3559 (permalink)
In the wind

I installed my V&H slip-ons, xied's and I have my front rim and tire to lace in in the weeks ahead.

Old 12-13-2012, 09:54 PM   #3560 (permalink)

Garage
Installed new PYO engine guard (yesterday), rode to work today...mid-40's, plenty warm enough for Mid-December.

sthill is offline   Reply With Quote