what did you do on or to your bike today? - Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum
Harley-DavidsonForums.com is an independent enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Harley-DavidsonForums.com is not sponsored by or in any way affiliated with Harley-Davidson Inc.. The Harley Davidson names and logos are trademarks owned by Harley-Davidson Inc.

Go Back   Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum > General Forum > General Motorcycle Related

» Insurance
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2011, 10:45 AM   #1 (permalink)
DIRTBOY

Talking what did you do on or to your bike today?

just like the title says, what did you do?

i adjusted the apes a few inches forward to get the wanted riding position. I think I missed the mark as i still have a little more fine tuning needed to get my arms just right.

then rode 16 miles to work, a bit cool but the air was very clean and fresh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Illiniwek View Post
Please understand that I know nothing of the parts that SCHMIDTYS is referring to. I'm guessing on logic and NOT wrenchability.
mixedbreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 11:09 AM   #2 (permalink)

Killed a deer....no wait, that was Sunday, sorry.....
SinisterSG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 11:10 AM   #3 (permalink)
Parts Junkie

Raining. Attempted to put on a different rear fender, but my seat didn't fit right afterwards. Reinstalled rear fender and took advantage of the missing tins, and redid the rear wiring, soldering and shrinkwrapping all unions. Not a total waste.....unless you take into consideration the $125 rear fender I bought, cut fit, and now won't use.......
Old 05-19-2011, 11:11 AM   #4 (permalink)
Parts Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinisterSG View Post
Killed a deer....no wait, that was Sunday, sorry.....
You should be making dear steaks on the grill!! (pick out the chrome first)
Old 05-19-2011, 11:13 AM   #5 (permalink)
DIRTBOY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave63 View Post
You should be making dear steaks on the grill!! (pick out the chrome first)

sorry to laugh at your misfortune Sinister.

Quote:
Please understand that I know nothing of the parts that SCHMIDTYS is referring to. I'm guessing on logic and NOT wrenchability.
Old 05-19-2011, 11:18 AM   #6 (permalink)
"Ain't quite right"™

Checked the oil, then looked disappointingly at the cracked rubber hoses going into my intake to justify blowing off changing it out for another weekend...

Then attempted to twist my belt, with the suspicion that it's a bit slack,and slapping against the top belt guard.

Thought about taking the belt guard off, so I don't have to hear it slapping anymore.

Rubbed the rotor, to see how smooth it is, and told myself that I need to sand it.

Then rode to work...looking at it and thinking I might have to wash it, as an out of town visitor is wanting to go on a ride this weekend....looking at the smear of the remains of bird shit, that is more akin to pterodactyl than bird, that I wiped off before riding home yesterday....glared at a few birds, and continued to work.

Got to work, and pushed on the rear tire, to see if it was low, and to see if I was developing another ridge in the middle....admired my very small chicken strips, and went inside happy.

Turned around once, on the way in, to admire my dirty bike, and thought "Hell yeah, that shit is MINE!"

"The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people."

"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_lacey View Post
Motive.......honest to God, what is wrong with you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by XDixiecratX View Post
Well Motive, stay out of Vegas, cause you aint playin with a full deck.
Motive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 11:23 AM   #7 (permalink)

All good brother, I am just glad i am now at a point that i can laugh about it myself.

Should have thrown that son of a bitch over my shoulders and rode it home. Would have been epic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixedbreed View Post

sorry to laugh at your misfortune Sinister.
SinisterSG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 11:31 AM   #8 (permalink)
DIRTBOY

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinisterSG View Post
All good brother, I am just glad i am now at a point that i can laugh about it myself.

Should have thrown that son of a bitch over my shoulders and rode it home. Would have been epic!
i have seen weird things, that would probably top the list.

Quote:
Old 05-19-2011, 11:32 AM   #9 (permalink)
"Ain't quite right"™

"The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people."

"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_lacey View Post
Motive.......honest to God, what is wrong with you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by XDixiecratX View Post
Well Motive, stay out of Vegas, cause you aint playin with a full deck.
Motive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 11:36 AM   #10 (permalink)
Banned

hahaha working on a hyabusa today and sanding a 31 model A....gonna give the Pan a proper dooshing at about 3 the putt to town and fug with all the chitbags here for the winefest funny how them fuggers never ever get busted for OUI....
Badassbrutus is offline   Reply With Quote