Is this a thing or just me??? - Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum
 158Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 70 (permalink) Old 06-05-2017, 08:27 PM Thread Starter

Is this a thing or just me???

In the past month I have had 3 cars lay on the windshield squirters while I was following them. It was very excessive. Each time it was high school/college aged kids. One time i saw the rear passengers looking back and laughing. Just so you know, in each situation I was not tailgating or instigating anything. Is this something that people do because it's funny? What would you do if you saw people looking back at you and laughing while doing this? I personally backed off to the point of going 15mph below the speed limit. I don't know if this is a stupid kid prank, like when I was younger kids would turn their squirtes to face oncoming traffic and blast it into their window while passing. I only know because it happened to several people I know about 10 years ago. Just curious
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 70 (permalink) Old 06-05-2017, 08:32 PM

Just kids effin' around!! Best thing to do is either laugh with them or make a right / left turn and go around the block!!

Or pull up beside them and use your 9mm sub machine gun and shoot the little effers!!!

I'm just kidding of course....

2015 Electra Glide Ultra Classic
Mysterious Red Sunglo/Blackened Cayenne Sunglo
Stage 4 Kit
ThunderMax Tuner
Vance & Hines True Duals
RC Component mufflers
post #3 of 70 (permalink) Old 06-05-2017, 08:38 PM
Wayward Son

Alright. No 9mm sub.
But can I flash my 45.

Little bastards would be missing a outside mirror.
But that`s just me.

People are why I love my Dog and my Harley.

You want blood? You got it!
G.F.T.D.
You`ve been, Thunder~Struck !
ATW TWF/FTW
You can have your funky world. See ya round.

I.L.M.O. ROLO
04/03/14-07/27/16

post #4 of 70 (permalink) Old 06-05-2017, 08:39 PM

Had that happen to me once. Except for the laughing part. I thought it was accidental so I didn't do anything. Also it didn't seem to be excessive. Had I thought otherwise I normally carry stuff in my vest, like nuts, bolts, loose bullets and a 45. I once tossed a loose .45 round at an on coming windshield because the driver of a jacked up 4x4 bright lighted me with his off road lights. I missed his windshield and it went through his open driver window and hit him in the face. Oops. I saw his head rock back as we passed. He ran off the road a little bit.
post #5 of 70 (permalink) Old 06-05-2017, 08:46 PM Thread Starter

Good job hitting him in the head lol. It's the little things in life that make me happy. Speaking of bright off road lights and wiper squirters, what else do people do to purposely piss off bikers? I have only been riding a year or so, That's why I am so curious.
post #6 of 70 (permalink) Old 06-05-2017, 09:07 PM

They do all kinds of things. Swerve into your lane while texting. Drive slow, then try to speed up when you pass. Tailgate. I have not had a cigarette butt flicked at me yet. But I've heard of that. I hate when people pull over on the shoulder to let me pass. You get sand gravel and crap all over you. I don't your help passing.
post #7 of 70 (permalink) Old 06-05-2017, 10:06 PM

^^^^What he said! I did have a funny thing happen in Prescott, AZ. A gal flicked a cigarette butt out her window and it almost hit me. I was pizzed and started to get up along side of her to let her have it, but I looked in my rear view mirror and a cop had lit up. Not for me, but for her. I pulled over and he went by me and on her azz! In AZ forest fires are really bad and people that through out cigarette butts will get fined heavily!! Shot her the bird when I went by...I think the cop laughed!!!

2015 Electra Glide Ultra Classic
Mysterious Red Sunglo/Blackened Cayenne Sunglo
Stage 4 Kit
ThunderMax Tuner
Vance & Hines True Duals
RC Component mufflers
post #8 of 70 (permalink) Old 06-05-2017, 10:21 PM
Rocker Chik

Garage
It happens to me occasionally. I keep a folded paper towel in my left pocket. When I get squirted I clean my visor and give thumbs up in case they are looking in their rearview mirror.
Jimmers and priell3 like this.

2008 Rocker C
SoCal Patriot Guard Rider

Yeah....I ride like a girl, so, try to keep up.
post #9 of 70 (permalink) Old 06-05-2017, 11:08 PM
أنا كافر

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah93003 View Post
It happens to me occasionally. I keep a folded paper towel in my left pocket. When I get squirted I clean my visor and give thumbs up in case they are looking in their rearview mirror.
Should keep a microfiber cloth.

Paper towels will end up scratching the plastic.
Paper = wood pulp.
SilverFatBoy likes this.

Mala Ipsa Nova
Psalm 144:1 Luke 22:36

'05 Carbed Night Train
111 rwhp, 112 rwtq
Best 1/4 ET 12.557s
Best 1/4 MPH 108.59
post #10 of 70 (permalink) Old 06-05-2017, 11:13 PM
أنا كافر

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah93003 View Post
Should keep a microfiber cloth.

Paper towels will end up scratching the plastic.
Paper = wood pulp.

WRT to rude drivers. Had this jackass with a jacked up 4x4 turn on his LED off road grill lights on me then laugh as he drove by. Saw where he turned off towards the main street through town, so I mirrored his turn the next block down and caught up with him on the main street. He pulled into a Wal-Mart to do some shopping, so I decided to try out a valve stem core remover that I keep in my pocket for just such a situation.

Didn't remove it, but I loosened it up just enough that it had a slow leak.

I imagine he noticed he had a flat tire just about the time he was supposed to be leaving for work the next day.

Mala Ipsa Nova
Psalm 144:1 Luke 22:36

'05 Carbed Night Train
111 rwhp, 112 rwtq
Best 1/4 ET 12.557s
Best 1/4 MPH 108.59

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode