JayD's journey back to the road... - Page 4 - Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum
Harley-DavidsonForums.com is an independent enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Harley-DavidsonForums.com is not sponsored by or in any way affiliated with Harley-Davidson Inc.. The Harley Davidson names and logos are trademarks owned by Harley-Davidson Inc.

Go Back   Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum > General Forum > General Motorcycle Related

» Insurance
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-11-2012, 11:10 PM   #31 (permalink)
Thunder Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
Just a quick post to let you all know we are still working behind the scenes sourcing parts and working out jig plans to modify the frame.
Like all of us I am governed by my hip pocket nerve, we are presently on a plateau buying things seemingly going nowhere.
However shortly to explode back with heaps of progress to show and tell... like the towing device I have made its all to keep me sane while I take the necessary steps to do this right..more photos shortly...
Here is the towing device with reinforcements gussets welded into place and a lick of paint...

Attached Images
File Type: jpg towgusset.jpg (77.5 KB, 198 views)
File Type: jpg towpaint.jpg (54.8 KB, 197 views)

JayD's journey back to the road rebuild thread...click here to see the journey...

JayD's New Softail

JayD's Iron Butt Ride Report

JayD © 2012
I.B.A #55000 FarRider # 690

Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting “Holy shit, what a ride!”
~ Mavis Leyrer
JayD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 06:31 PM   #32 (permalink)
Thunder Down Under

The long and winding road...

Hey,
It's been a while since l posted anything new in this rebuild thread, well as we travel through life we take many turns and overcome any obstacles in our way....err...well most of them ! so l feel if l do not include this into my journey back to the road my story would not be complete...so here is a link to keep all updated... JayD's New Softail

JayD's journey back to the road rebuild thread...click here to see the journey...

JayD's New Softail

JayD © 2012

Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting “Holy shit, what a ride!”
~ Mavis Leyrer
Old 09-25-2012, 08:49 AM   #33 (permalink)
Thunder Down Under

Back to the Shovel...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
Hey,
It's been a while since l posted anything new in this rebuild thread, well as we travel through life we take many turns and overcome any obstacles in our way....err...well most of them ! so l feel if l do not include this into my journey back to the road my story would not be complete...so here is a link to keep all updated... JayD's New Softail
Ive done some miles on my new Softail and now its time to turn my attention back to my Shovel, heres a couple of photos of it as its being pulled down...

We had a good laugh while we were wrenching, we had a younger bloke cataloguing the parts as they come off the bike, we looks over and here he is with the oil tank, marked " oil tank"...lol's I tried to get a picture but he scarpered quicker than a fox getting out of a chicken pen after the farmer spotted him...lol's
Attached Images
File Type: jpg shovelr.jpg (290.9 KB, 151 views)
File Type: jpg shovp.jpg (248.3 KB, 148 views)

JayD's New Softail

JayD © 2012

~ Mavis Leyrer
Old 09-25-2012, 09:55 AM   #34 (permalink)
Luke 22:36

Garage
Thats the way ya learn right?
Best 1/4 MPH 108.59
Kainam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 04:02 PM   #35 (permalink)
Thunder Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kainam View Post
Thats the way ya learn right?
yes it is...but then theres common sense and if you havent got that god help you...the jurys still out with this one.

JayD's New Softail

JayD © 2012

~ Mavis Leyrer
Old 10-06-2012, 11:44 PM   #36 (permalink)
Thunder Down Under

We pulled the Shovel down a little further and cleaned of as much surface rust as we could now we are putting together the chrome list and some more parts arrived aswell, clutch handle, headlight, its slowly coming together...

Attached Images
File Type: jpg framefron.jpg (304.9 KB, 125 views)
File Type: jpg headclut.jpg (205.3 KB, 127 views)

JayD's New Softail

JayD © 2012

~ Mavis Leyrer
Old 10-08-2012, 08:59 PM   #37 (permalink)
Thunder Down Under

More parts arrive...

Got new handle bars today for the Shovel...Apes....yee haaa...

here's a mock up for ya...

and the front wheel cleaned up but we are still waiting for new rubber for the front and back wheels... dont let the look of this front tyre fool you as it has had it's day and need replacing.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg frowhel.jpg (122.7 KB, 111 views)
File Type: jpg apesshov.jpg (132.1 KB, 114 views)

JayD's New Softail

JayD © 2012

~ Mavis Leyrer
Old 11-10-2012, 07:33 PM   #38 (permalink)
Thunder Down Under

Well there's no photos in this post as we have packed up the Shovel and it's heading to my island home...to be continued...

JayD's New Softail

JayD © 2012

~ Mavis Leyrer
Old 12-08-2012, 08:23 PM   #39 (permalink)
Thunder Down Under

Here's a photo of my Shovel in 95...being worked on...lol's I did like it running just right...cause when I used it, i used it !

Attached Images
File Type: jpg shovelparkesoverhaul.jpg (731.5 KB, 63 views)

JayD's New Softail

JayD © 2012

~ Mavis Leyrer
Old 02-01-2013, 03:07 AM   #40 (permalink)
Thunder Down Under

Shovel in Tasmania...

Here is a couple of photos of my Shovel waiting on us to pull our fingers out...in it's new home in Tassie...

Attached Images
File Type: jpg shovelscot.jpg (248.4 KB, 39 views)
File Type: jpg shovelscot1.jpg (246.2 KB, 39 views)

JayD's New Softail

JayD © 2012

~ Mavis Leyrer