idiot sport bike rider - Page 3 - Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum
Harley-DavidsonForums.com is an independent enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Harley-DavidsonForums.com is not sponsored by or in any way affiliated with Harley-Davidson Inc.. The Harley Davidson names and logos are trademarks owned by Harley-Davidson Inc.

Go Back   Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum > General Forum > General Motorcycle Related

» Insurance
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2012, 05:50 PM   #21 (permalink)
Pork Jockey

Steve, I agree with you. I have no disdain for anyone on any motorcycle. However, I don't like people being idiots, especially if it endangers others. The guy in the video (all three of 'em, in my opinion) is an idiot - with that, I don't think anyone will disagree.

As of late, there have been a large number of postings regarding crotch rocketeers killing themselves or videos of 'em doing exceedingly stupid things. Unfortunately, this gives every rider a bad name, regardless of what he/she is riding. This rash of postings seems to raise the ire of many here (myself included), so you're likely to see the "Always hated those bastards" kind of comment popping up here and there.

The fact of the matter is there is a rivalry among brands/styles, but in my opinion, it's a result of typical psychological conditions like insecurity, etc, not something that has any real validity. I LOVE my Harley, but I've ridden all kinds of bikes in the past. I loved every damn one of 'em, because my motorcycle does not define me. I define me and I'm a lover of motorcycles regardless of where they came from, how big or how small, etc.

Ride Safe, Kemosabe!!

I got these lines in my face, tryin' to straighten out the wrinkles in my life... Ramblin' Jack Elliot/Guy Clark

The sweet bird of youth, was sittin' on my shoulder yesterday, but she's always changin' partners and I always knew she'd up and fly away... Larry Mahan/Guy Clark

Vaya con Dios, Rick "Rubberdown" Massey ~ May you rest in eternal peace
Mongo44 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-17-2012, 05:55 PM   #22 (permalink)

Steve, I rode a Hayabusa for 4 years and belonged to a sport bike forum. There are many that feel like I do but I'll tell ya there's a heck of a lot that think you're just a rolling roadblock. Check out Slayer Hater or read the comments in a sport bike forum and you'll get just a bit upset as well. Personally I couldn't care less what you ride but not everyone feels that way.
GlideRider10 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-17-2012, 05:58 PM   #23 (permalink)
Pork Jockey

What's "Slayer Hater," Glide?

I got these lines in my face, tryin' to straighten out the wrinkles in my life... Ramblin' Jack Elliot/Guy Clark

The sweet bird of youth, was sittin' on my shoulder yesterday, but she's always changin' partners and I always knew she'd up and fly away... Larry Mahan/Guy Clark

Vaya con Dios, Rick "Rubberdown" Massey ~ May you rest in eternal peace
Mongo44 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-17-2012, 06:20 PM   #24 (permalink)
gorilla glue tuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve92106 View Post
I don't get it. Why the mutual "them vs us" mentality? I bet there are more than a few Harlistas on this forum with sport bikes in their garages yet the prevailing attitude here is the two don't mix. The metric crowd also seem hell bent on proving they're better than the old farts on their fat bikes. Why can't both be accepted as different expressions of the same desire to experience the freedom of riding on two wheels?

I was on a County 2 lane Sunday when I met a sport rider coming the other way. Man, he was poetry in motion on that bike and all I could think was I wished I looked that good. We waved, we kept going, that was it but then I read this "always hated those bastards" crap and I have to wonder what is it you don't like about sport riders? Yes, some are idiots; I've notice quite a few idiots on Harleys, too.
I rode a 2006 gsxr from 20 up until about a month ago when I sold it. I don't "hate them", but what I do hate is the way these guy's my age ride them and give the rest a bad name! Every time I got pulled over on it, the cops treated me like s**t because of the stereo type of a guy in his early 20's on a rocket. I never rode like a jacka** unless i was on a track. On the street i rode normal, just like I do on my harley. I ended up selling it because I barely rode it on the track anymore, and riding the harley is WAY more comfortable and fun on the street.
Screamin eagle heavy breather (check)
14 inch evil ape's with 1" riser
lepera daddy long legs seat
Frosty4232 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-18-2012, 03:16 AM   #25 (permalink)

Slayer Hater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongo44 View Post
What's "Slayer Hater," Glide?
Mongo, it's a website here around the Dragon, Hwy 129. It's run by sportbikers and basically blames them for everything that goes on around the Dragon. The home page shows several accidents by of course Harleys. It doesn't show any accidents by sportbikers, just cruisers. They make fun of the Dragon Slayers meaning Harleys that travel up there. Take a look, pretty enlightening about what sportbikers think of cruisers.
GlideRider10 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-19-2012, 08:08 PM   #26 (permalink)

2005 XL1200C Vance & Hines Staggered Short Stacks w/QQ Thunder Monster Baffles, D & M chrome spike air cleaner, 48, 185 jets, 12" Burly's, Mustang Cyclone solo seat, Progressive 412 shocks.

2009 FXSTC Vance & Hines Big Radius, V&H air filter, 16" RSD King Apes w/1 1\2" risers and 1 1/2" riser extensions, Progressive 422 shocks, Corbin seat.
squeekie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-19-2012, 08:26 PM   #27 (permalink)
gorilla glue tuff

lol I used to love that video game for playstation.
Screamin eagle heavy breather (check)
14 inch evil ape's with 1" riser
lepera daddy long legs seat
Frosty4232 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-24-2012, 03:40 PM   #28 (permalink)
Official COA Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osco View Post
Ok so We Do things differently down here In the South...

Like Give out free Ass whuppins ta Dick heads like that.

Idda followed that guy and beat Him within an Inch of His life XD

They can pass me all day, Its cool cause I like watchin em ride...
But to go thru two bikes like that,,,I better not be one of em..
+1 on a good old fashioned ass whipping

"I think myself that we have more machinery of government than is necessary, too many parasites living on the labor of the industrious." - Thomas Jefferson
dcoley is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.