JayD's New Softail - Page 12 - Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum
Harley-DavidsonForums.com is an independent enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Harley-DavidsonForums.com is not sponsored by or in any way affiliated with Harley-Davidson Inc.. The Harley Davidson names and logos are trademarks owned by Harley-Davidson Inc.

Go Back   Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum > General Forum > General Motorcycle Related

» Insurance
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2012, 07:51 AM   #111 (permalink)
Banned

Could you imagine if ol' Ned had a modern-day balistic suit on that day. History would be a lot different .
RAD_Softail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 08:36 AM   #112 (permalink)

I'm definitely enjoying this. Thanks for keeping us up-to-date.
Old 11-16-2012, 11:52 PM   #113 (permalink)
Thunder Down Under

Dramas had will report later...I'm sitting the lounge area waiting to board the Spirit of Tasmania...what a day it turned out to be...more later.
J

JayD's journey back to the road rebuild thread...click here to see the journey...

JayD's New Softail

JayD's Iron Butt Ride Report

JayD © 2012
I.B.A #55000 FarRider # 690

Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting “Holy shit, what a ride!”
~ Mavis Leyrer
JayD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 03:12 AM   #114 (permalink)
Thunder Down Under

what a day !

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
Dramas had will report later...I'm sitting the lounge area waiting to board the Spirit of Tasmania...what a day it turned out to be...more later.
J
We spent the last night on the mainland in a beautiful country motor in called the Comfort Inn which had a great view of the lake form our unit balcony and was very comfortable...

this looking down at my bike from the front balcony...

we gets up packs up our gear warms up the bike and car and head off for a slow ride into Port Melbourne...we were not in a hurry as we had until 6.30 pm before the Spirit of Tasmania sailed...and we had around an hour and a half ride time to get there...no stress right? WRONG!...

Attached Images
File Type: png comforinn.png (114.7 KB, 58 views)
File Type: jpg rsz_bikeview.jpg (332.6 KB, 59 views)
File Type: png namel.png (107.4 KB, 57 views)

JayD's journey back to the road rebuild thread...click here to see the journey...

JayD's New Softail

JayD © 2012

Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting “Holy shit, what a ride!”
~ Mavis Leyrer
Old 11-18-2012, 03:25 AM   #115 (permalink)
Thunder Down Under

Well we slowly start to eat up the miles and the weather started to look like all hell was going to break lose...big dark storm clouds and sudden drop in temperature.

I pulls into a garage to put on my Drizza a Bone oils skin jacket and to fuel up...fuels up the bike gets all dressed in my coat walking towards it reaches down to my side where my fob hangs to turn off my alarm.

Jumps on my bike turns on my ignition and all hell breaks loose...my bloody alarm starts to scream it its guts out, I jumps off start thumbing my fob to turn it off and it just kept screaming and wailing like the alarms do! when they go off.

Im thinking to myself fark how do I sort this out? as you all know Ive only owned this bike for around two months and dont know it real well yet.

JayD's New Softail

JayD © 2012

~ Mavis Leyrer
Old 11-18-2012, 03:53 AM   #116 (permalink)
Thunder Down Under

I could not even start my bike as it immobilises the the bike. I'm there stareing at my bike thinking I'm screwed ! how can I sort this out before I miss the boat and it costs me another couple of hundred bucks ?

I starts making phone calls to Harley shops to find out how to reset this alarm ? I rings up Richardson Harley Davidson in Prospect Tasmania...boy did they do their best to help me over the phone, thanx heaps men, I appreciate your effort even though we could not sort it out...dont forget times ticking away and departure time is getting closer and closer.

And I only had 63.6 Ks approx 36 miles to ride! so close...but what in the hell am I going to do? the closest Harley shop is 21 miles from and shuts a 2 pm...not a hope in hell making that ! I'm farked starts ringing through my head.

Then I remember my wife took out car breakdown insurance as we live in a fairly remote costal town in Tas and she bought ultimate cover ??? well long story short.

They organise a ute and bike trailer to come pick me up and take me to the boat,after they first sent a mobile meck to me who done his best to sort it out but couldn't.

He tells me he does heaps of cars form this garage as their immobilisers go crazy and its got something to do with all the aluminium and railway lins behind the garage? some thing about magnetism... weirds stuff.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rsz_wallgar.jpg (139.3 KB, 57 views)
File Type: png wallanport.png (123.8 KB, 55 views)

JayD's New Softail

JayD © 2012

~ Mavis Leyrer
Old 11-18-2012, 04:22 AM   #117 (permalink)
Thunder Down Under

The bloke turns up and we load up my bike, remember now its all about making the boat before it sails!! I so wanted to ride my new bike home tail in the air but it was not meant to be...

the trailer and the gent who helped me after we unloaded my bike to the stevedores at the dock where the Spirit of Tasmania was waiting...

a big thanx for this gent he made me laugh about what happened and we told jokes and had a ball as we drove to the boat. Tar mate !

Once the bike was unloaded we lashed it to a steel pallet made for bikes so they could load her up...screaming all the way to the boat...lo's it had reset by then but would not start. thank the Harley God as it bloody ear piercing!!!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg trailer.jpg (209.2 KB, 58 views)
File Type: jpg boatpall.jpg (289.5 KB, 57 views)

JayD's New Softail

JayD © 2012

~ Mavis Leyrer
Old 11-18-2012, 04:37 AM   #118 (permalink)
Thunder Down Under

boarding the ship...

here is a photo of the ships name, this boat is huge. I thikn its 8 to 10 decks high.

looking down to where the bike sits on the freight pallet...

Attached Images
File Type: jpg spiritas.jpg (171.8 KB, 57 views)
File Type: jpg lookbike.jpg (281.4 KB, 58 views)

JayD's New Softail

JayD © 2012

~ Mavis Leyrer
Old 11-18-2012, 04:50 AM   #119 (permalink)
Thunder Down Under

some of the cars lined up waiting to get on board....Phill's in the car with the blue drums on top...

Phill up on the outside deck heading back to Tas...it was bloody cold out in the wind as this boat does around 23 knots.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg carslin.jpg (196.3 KB, 58 views)
File Type: jpg headingtotas.jpg (130.5 KB, 59 views)

JayD's New Softail

JayD © 2012

~ Mavis Leyrer
Old 11-18-2012, 05:11 AM   #120 (permalink)
Thunder Down Under

Back on Tasmanian soil...

Here is my bike all loaded up on my trailer ready for the drive to my Tasmanian home, its Sunday here and the Harley shop is closed so tomorrow I'm off to Richardsons Harley shop in Prospect to sort out this minor drama with my alarm.

Well thats my trip home complete and its about bloody time as I've been away from my home for nearly three months! Glad to be home, I enjoyed my trip home even with the drama that unfolded and stressed me out to the max at the time.

It all sorted itself out and I made the boat and tomorrow I will be riding around Tas for the first time. I do hope you all enjoyed following me on my journey home.

J
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rsz_bikeintas.jpg (158.5 KB, 58 views)

JayD's New Softail

JayD © 2012

~ Mavis Leyrer