Biker build off. Again - Page 11 - Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum
Harley-DavidsonForums.com is an independent enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Harley-DavidsonForums.com is not sponsored by or in any way affiliated with Harley-Davidson Inc.. The Harley Davidson names and logos are trademarks owned by Harley-Davidson Inc.

Go Back   Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum > General Forum > General Motorcycle Related

» Insurance
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-13-2012, 11:14 AM   #101 (permalink)
I'll help you hide the body

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohan View Post
You're confusing this crap with the original Biker Build Off that was created by Thom Beers. That show ended in 2007. This isn't the Biker Build Off that we all remember. It's not even called BBO. It's called Chopper Live. Thom Beers has nothing to do with these latest shows. If he did, we wouldn't have these ass clowns on there. And if you busted deadline with Mr. Beers doing the producing... that was it... You were done and out of the competition. Also, if your bike didn't make the ride to the competition you were out. Also, there wasn't any text in your vote stuff. The voting was done by real bikers at real rallys.

-Rohan
Anyone with the name Beers if okay in my book... s

I also like build or bust, I think that was what is was called.

borrowed from gtrman66
Rules:
#1. Post #1: "New to Community"
#2. Buy a HD Service Manual, best $70 you'll spend
#3. Try the search function, we might have already answered your question
#4. Don't post classifieds until you meet the rules
#5. Don't bad mouth dealers until we know you, there are always 2 sides
misinlink is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 11:20 AM   #102 (permalink)
Senile Member

What bike rally is real anymore???

If bike rallies were for kids, motorcycles would have four doors.
You can never have too many bullets. Unless you're drowning or on fire.
dynaglydr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 09:08 PM   #103 (permalink)

At first, when jr brought out that old grill and started sayin" what he was wanting to do...I thought he jumped the shark...didn't think it was going to be worth a damn.

Turned out better than I thought it would!!!

I don't know what can be done next as far as bike building, I know people will keep on building new stuff...

I want to see more biker stuff on the tube!!

No biker soap oprea!!

Hell even a biker route 66 kinda show, Heck I don't know!!

Just film two or three guys riding across country and canada??? and film them going into dealer and getting oil change or tires

I'd like them to do a overhaulin show with bikes, mine could be first??

More hairy bikers!!! something come on....No more sturgis rally stuff, O.K they'ed be al right??

I'm not that hard to please, just give bikers something to watch...I'll take biker soap oprea but not s.o.a!!
You know like the....guiding bike...as the custom wheel turns.. all my upgrade general dealership...
ramrod400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 03:42 AM   #104 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynaglydr View Post
The whole thing was a popularity contest. From looking at the bikes, I liked the GM bike for it's simplicity and clean looks. But for creativity, I gave it to PJD too.

Jesse James needs to go away, crawl back under the turd he came out from under and disappear. Hes a quintessential sack of crap, regardless of his fabrication skills, his general attitude is bad news.
DHH57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 08:03 AM   #105 (permalink)
IAFF local 845

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DHH57 View Post
That's what I thought too. I'd take the GM bike everyday of the week. I like FRED... even if he's pink. And they rode the damn thing to the competition. Jesse James shouldn't be on TV anymore... I'm really sick of his bad-boy attitude. Of course that's part of his marketing. The dude people love to hate.
Old 12-14-2012, 09:33 AM   #106 (permalink)

Garage
If you don't like Jesse then don't watch his shows. All I've been seeing is people talking about how they hate Jesse and his attitude and how he's crap. He doesn't promote a bad-boy image... That's his real personality and that's Jesse as a person. He doesn't pretend to be anyone else. He doesn't put on a facade on TV to make people feel warm and fuzzy inside.

Let me ask all you guys that bad mouth him this... If you had cameras and producers and schedulers nagging at you constantly and people bothering you every waking moment, wouldn't you be in a pissy mood too??? The difference between Jesse and the OCC guys is that Jesse tells people to get f***ed to their faces and doesn't care what anybody thinks and the OCC guys just yell at each other and then complain on camera. If you had the childhood and had to put up with the bullshit that Jesse had to all his life then you would probably be an ******* too.

-Rohan
Rohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 01:55 PM   #107 (permalink)
Senile Member

Well Rohan, I hear ya to a point, but...
The OCC dorks got the show because that disfunctionality was what started the whole shabang for them. And nobody held a gun to Jesse's head to do the show. And I must have missed the biography on Jesse that told about what a crappy life he had or has. As far as I'm concerned... cheating on Sandra Bulock put him on my douchbag list. If he had a problem with her then he should have gotten devorced first.
Sorry if you and Jesse are pals, I didn't mean to bag on you Rohan.
By the way, damn your bike looks nice... the person that did the mods should have a show of thier own too (:
You can never have too many bullets. Unless you're drowning or on fire.
dynaglydr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 07:09 PM   #108 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Well Rohan, I hear ya to a point, but...
The OCC dorks got the show because that disfunctionality was what started the whole shabang for them. And nobody held a gun to Jesse's head to do the show. And I must have missed the biography on Jesse that told about what a crappy life he had or has. As far as I'm concerned... cheating on Sandra Bulock put him on my douchbag list. If he had a problem with her then he should have gotten devorced first.
Sorry if you and Jesse are pals, I didn't mean to bag on you Rohan.
By the way, damn your bike looks nice... the person that did the mods should have a show of thier own too (:

It's all good here bro! If we didn't have our own opinions and disagree the world would be a very boring place. I'll agree though, cheating is a pretty high form of douchebaggery in my book as well.

Happy riding my friend!

-Rohan
Rohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 09:42 PM   #109 (permalink)
Ride Hard

Quote:
The whole thing was a popularity contest. From looking at the bikes, I liked the GM bike for it's simplicity and clean looks. But for creativity, I gave it to PJD too.

Jesse James needs to go away, crawl back under the turd he came out from under and disappear. Hes a quintessential sack of crap, regardless of his fabrication skills, his general attitude is bad news.
Jesse's not a bad guy. He made a mess of public image but it ends there. In 2005 Jesse came to visit the troops in Iraq and he was really down to earth. He made a big effort to hangout and meet people. He truly is far from the punk tv makes him out to be. Not everything is whats played out on TV.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Motorcycle.com Free App
Old 12-15-2012, 05:33 AM   #110 (permalink)

Hey, Can I chime in? The deal with Jesse is that his bike are nice but plain and kind of repetitive. It's a bike build-off, people want to something new, something they haven't seen before. That's why Jr keeps winning.

The last build-off Jesse built a tank and framed a bike around it while talking down on Jr and Sr (maybe for ratings?), he talked that they never did any of the work and that they couldn't do it without help. At the same time he had help and then had to ask for more help.

Sr tells a designer what he wants and lets the designer come up with ideas and then approves it. After that OCC builds the bike to model the idea.

Jr is more original. He starts with the theme and builds the bike until it has a life of its own. He even lets his guys have input on what to do or what direction to go with the bike.

Just my thoughts but I like Jr's designs. Yes they are theme bikes and are not meant to be riden all the time. But isn't that what a bike build off is suppose to be about? Seeing something that has never been seen before?

2013 HD-1 bike build FXDBP103 Street Bob Black:
103 CI Motor, H-D Smart Alarm, V&H Short Shots w/ Heat Shield Powder Coated, V&H Air Cleaner, V&H Fuelpak, Willie G Skull Theme (Grips, Pegs, Fuel Gauge, Fuel Cap, Shifter, Brake, Etc), 16" Apes-Chrome, Black Forward Controls, Rigid Locking Saddlebags, Sissy Bar w/ luggage rack, Sundowner Two Seat, Smoked Signal and Brake lenses w/LED's, Tank Bra, Engine Guard w/ Highway Pegs
icprules1978 is offline   Reply With Quote