Biker build off. Again - Page 4 - Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum
Harley-DavidsonForums.com is an independent enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Harley-DavidsonForums.com is not sponsored by or in any way affiliated with Harley-Davidson Inc.. The Harley Davidson names and logos are trademarks owned by Harley-Davidson Inc.

Go Back   Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum > General Forum > General Motorcycle Related

» Insurance
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-24-2012, 08:29 AM   #31 (permalink)

if indian larry was still around he for sure win, after all he won every build he entered. as long as they make them ride them more than 5 miles than they all have a chance, except for jr, he bike would fall apart. at least sr will be building a bike this time, i think he knew he wasnt going to win last time so he built what he built. jesse and gas monkey will build something you can ride, sr too, jr will build something you stick in a window and look at. if i want art ill go to a art gallery. that makes me think of indain larrys bike, work of art but you could also ride them across country.
hotrod351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 03:32 AM   #32 (permalink)

Well for 50 grand I can assemble a cool bike to but to actually BUILD a bike from nothing takes skill. Indian Larry, Billy Lane, hell even Roland Sands builds some pretty far out stuff.

Now Jesse was one of the originals and makes shit by hand still but hes back to building hotrods in Austin. Shit he just built one for Sr.

Sr, is well Sr, dont even think he knows how to build a bike anymore.

Jr has vision and makes cool pieces of art but not real bikes.

Gas Monkey actually produces some cool bikes been doing it for a longtime just cars are their bread and butter.

I'm gonna have to go with Richard Rollins and Aaron down in Texas at Gas Monkey. They deal in cash money and they build some cool ass bikes. Aaron takes old parts and makes new after some fab to them. Like his style. But to bad its up to the public cause Jr will surely win. Miss the old build-offs.
Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 07:36 AM   #33 (permalink)

I really enjoyed the old build offs. They were about the bike. Not a popularity contest. I try to look past all the fake "TV" stuff, and look at the bike.

My thoughts are:
Jesse will build a beautiful bike and it you will be able to ride it. But "How far?" is the question.

Sr. will build a beautiful bike, I think he will step up the qulity because his company ain't making the money right now.

Jr. will build a beautiful theme bike, not sure about it functionality or rideability, but it will be a good looking bike to look at.

Gas Monkey - I look for these guys to build a really good looking bike and it will probably have the most funtionality and appeal to the real bike riders of today.

I could be wrong about all of this, so don't hold me to it. In the end I think it will be a popularity contest. I want Gas Monkey to win but, I don't think enough people know who they are at this time.
DevilDawg1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 12:11 PM   #34 (permalink)

SR-Garbage, typical bike they always push w/ differnet paint..
JJ- COOKIE CUTTER BIKE LIKE ALL HIS BIKES..
Gas Monkey-? Hear they build vintage style looking bikes...
Jr-He'll have something unique and wild, his bikes going with a charity theme ( may earn more attention) But creativity and new ideas I think he's tops right now..at this point it's about the look not the ride, lets admitt it with the buildoffs...

Once you go Bagger, you don't come back
JBONE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 01:35 PM   #35 (permalink)

Id like to see gas monkey come out ahead ( thease guys drink beer ) Jesse James builds his own stuff . ( he left the hollywood gal but, some folks just aint into hollywood scene that much no matter what the gal looks like ) JR. might build something but, my guess is he`ll just buy a bunch of parts bolt them together and get it sent out for paint and chrome. SR. he`ll just get the guys in the shop to build his . just my 2 cents...
Tennjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 09:18 AM   #36 (permalink)

Garage
Did anyone watch last night? It was kinda weird seeing JJ and Sr building sports bikes. GM built a bike then rode it to Vegas. Looks like Jr built a bike you might be able to ride.

Any thoughts on which bike you would like to see win tonight?
Old 12-11-2012, 10:15 AM   #37 (permalink)
THE Yuppie Outlaw

Garage
Does anyone find it as humorous as I do that I backed gas monkey from day one and they end up building a pink bike?

Team pink!

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App
Diezel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 10:55 AM   #38 (permalink)
Pork Jockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPWendtinc View Post
Just saw that there will be a new build off. A four way between Senior, Junior, Jesse, and the guys from Gas Monkey Garage.

Generally I like Jesse's bikes the best, but I think he is as fake as can be. I'll be rooting for Gas Monkey.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app
I think OCC and Junior build bikes that look to be inspired by Dungeons & Dragons and Vienna Sausages (as in, they seem to be trying to compensate for such). All their designs bellyflop somewhere in the design, aesthetically, and definitely fail the "utility" category, since they're all fifty feet long or more.

I think they have talent, but there are holes in that talent. That's just my opinion, though. They are to the biker world what producers are of Justin Bieber and the like to the music world. There's obviously a horribly misinformed group of consumers who buy their bikes. I've never seen one bike they've made that I wouldn't sell were it given to me free and clear.

Jesse James thinks he's Indian Larry. Or he wishes he were. All his bikes look pretty much the same, to me, and to my surprise, he admitted, "I build all my bikes around the same design, but just try to make changes that make the next one harder to build (this is not verbatim, but a general representation of his statement)." I will say that I've seen a bike or two by him that I wouldn't mind owning. He's talented, but I've seen one-bike builders (people who've only built ONE bike) out-do him by a country mile. Watching the show, I got tired as hell of him talking like he's the Dali-Lama of bike building. What a joke!

The guys at Gas Monkey have talent, too. They seem to make the occasional stupid decision, but for the most part, I love the cars they produce. I like that they snagged an old shovel and kept it real and more old school than all the other Widget-makers. They definitely got my vote.

Text 3 to 97979 for Gas Monkey!

I got these lines in my face, tryin' to straighten out the wrinkles in my life... Ramblin' Jack Elliot/Guy Clark

The sweet bird of youth, was sittin' on my shoulder yesterday, but she's always changin' partners and I always knew she'd up and fly away... Larry Mahan/Guy Clark

Vaya con Dios, Rick "Rubberdown" Massey ~ May you rest in eternal peace
Mongo44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 10:57 AM   #39 (permalink)
Pork Jockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPWendtinc View Post
Does anyone find it as humorous as I do that I backed gas monkey from day one and they end up building a pink bike?

Team pink!

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App
I thought that was stupid, too, but in all honesty, they kept it the original color of the Shovel they bought. Hell, they got balls!

FRED - Fu(kin' Ride Every Day!

I got these lines in my face, tryin' to straighten out the wrinkles in my life... Ramblin' Jack Elliot/Guy Clark

The sweet bird of youth, was sittin' on my shoulder yesterday, but she's always changin' partners and I always knew she'd up and fly away... Larry Mahan/Guy Clark

Vaya con Dios, Rick "Rubberdown" Massey ~ May you rest in eternal peace
Mongo44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 11:29 AM   #40 (permalink)
kickstand grinder

The bikes looked "too over the top" last night. Then again, they are trying to do something crazy- never seen before. I dig the Gas Monkey boys theme of an "born in Milwaukee" old shovel. Hardtail w' no BS- some of the original- some custom, then rode it to vegas. I'm not into the stupid drama between builders. I'd rather see them just build, and see how many miles they can put on em.

The one Jesse and Sr made look like the are as comfortable as riding a donkey.

The old shovel gas monkey made looked like it was a cool riding bike.
then again- they should be ridden- not showed.
Whiskey Priests M/C
- part time
Road Captain of "Numb asses" M/C
59panhead is offline   Reply With Quote