Biker build off. Again - Page 5 - Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum
Harley-DavidsonForums.com is an independent enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Harley-DavidsonForums.com is not sponsored by or in any way affiliated with Harley-Davidson Inc.. The Harley Davidson names and logos are trademarks owned by Harley-Davidson Inc.

Go Back   Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum > General Forum > General Motorcycle Related

» Insurance
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2012, 12:36 PM   #41 (permalink)

Garage
I see a lot of bashing on Jesse. But honestly, he never asked to be put on TV. Obviously he didn't say no to it because that would just be bad business and he needed the money BAD. Jesse built his empire from the ground up. He started with nothing. He HAND pounds his fenders and tanks. He has a true love for build. He isn't out CNCing or buying parts that somebody else made or painted to throw on a bike and call it his custom build. Maybe his bikes that he sells are a little cookie cutter but why shouldn't those be? In reality he has built some sick one-off bikes for himself and his close friends like Kid Rock and Tyrese. If you haven't watched History of the Chopper or Motorcycle Mania then you would never see the true Jesse James. He pours his heart and soul into the bikes he builds and he has had a rough life getting to where he is.
Jesse is the reason I got into custom bikes and the reason I built my Ironhead to look like his El Diablo bikes. I modeled myself after him. And his bikes will go forever. Him and Kid Rock rode two bikes that he built all the way down to the Sea of Cortez in Mexico. So yes, he builds bikes you can ride.

And for that... Jesse James has my vote.

-Rohan
Rohan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-11-2012, 01:03 PM   #42 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohan View Post
I see a lot of bashing on Jesse. But honestly, he never asked to be put on TV. Obviously he didn't say no to it because that would just be bad business and he needed the money BAD. Jesse built his empire from the ground up. He started with nothing. He HAND pounds his fenders and tanks. He has a true love for build. He isn't out CNCing or buying parts that somebody else made or painted to throw on a bike and call it his custom build. Maybe his bikes that he sells are a little cookie cutter but why shouldn't those be? In reality he has built some sick one-off bikes for himself and his close friends like Kid Rock and Tyrese. If you haven't watched History of the Chopper or Motorcycle Mania then you would never see the true Jesse James. He pours his heart and soul into the bikes he builds and he has had a rough life getting to where he is. Him and Kid Rock rode two bikes that he built all the way down to the Sea of Cortez in Mexico. So yes, he builds bikes you can ride.

And for that... Jesse James has my vote.

-Rohan
Agreed
“Sometimes when I reflect on all the beer I drink, I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn't drink this beer, they might be out of work. I think, "It is better to drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver."
- Babe Ruth
Tailgunner1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-11-2012, 02:44 PM   #43 (permalink)

That's the best looking bike Jr has ever built in my opinion (except for the big a$$ hood ornament on the front fender).

I dig the bike outta OCC except for the ENTIRE front end.

Jesse didn't meet his deadline. He can boast about his skills all he wants, but it doesn't matter when he doesn't deliver.

Gas Monkey wins my vote. The bike is beautiful and functional. It's an HD, 'nuff said.
Burgundy9 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-11-2012, 02:55 PM   #44 (permalink)
Resist Tyranny

Garage
Jr.'s bike looks like a Victory Kingpin on acid. Sr.'s bike looks good except for those god awful forks. JJ's bike doesn't count because he couldn't finish on time (rulz is rulz). GM, Ride a generator, hardtail, Shov from Dallas to Vegas? They get my vote!

later, dozer

p.s. JJ's a cry baby (boo f'n hoo)
p.p.s. trade Sandra for that tatted up skank? what an idiot
p.p.p.s. contrary to what someone else posted Sandy gave him the boot
dozerhand is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-11-2012, 03:16 PM   #45 (permalink)
kickstand grinder

If you are a badass, you don't have to tell people you are.
If you are better than others, you don't have to say so- its recognized.
If you have to try to make yourself look better by kicking somebody else down- u won't.

All these guys have participated in the BS, although I think the network surely wants it to be part of the drama.

Dozer- I'm with you, Sandra for that skank! Nope
Whiskey Priests M/C
- part time
Road Captain of "Numb asses" M/C
59panhead is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-11-2012, 03:57 PM   #46 (permalink)
Vote Cthulhu in 2016

+1 for Gas Monkey - their bike appealed to me the most.
Agree that Senior's bike was next coolest, except for the slab of a front-end.
Jesse's bike was late. I am glad he is a 'rule breaker' and all the rest of whatever he said on the program, he should not have been given any extra time. Still, I like his innovative thinking; it's just too bad he's a disorganized manager who has to do all the work himself.
The OCC exhaust concept was kind of cool (except for the square collector) but like all of their bikes, I get the sense that five miles of mild riding and it would start to make all the wrong kinds of noises (squeeks, rattles, etc.)
Old 12-11-2012, 06:28 PM   #47 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ltrhdevo View Post
Trunk monkey, gas monkey , coooollll
TRUNK MONKEY ROCKS.....
Old 12-11-2012, 09:16 PM   #48 (permalink)

Garage
This show tonight feels so painfully forced like they are grasping for viewers.

Sent from my C771 using Motorcycle.com Free App
105streetultra is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-11-2012, 09:20 PM   #49 (permalink)
I'll help you hide the body

#3 here.
played by the contest rules and delivered a bike that every single guy on here would ride. no questions asked.

borrowed from gtrman66
Rules:
#1. Post #1: "New to Community"
#2. Buy a HD Service Manual, best $70 you'll spend
#3. Try the search function, we might have already answered your question
#4. Don't post classifieds until you meet the rules
#5. Don't bad mouth dealers until we know you, there are always 2 sides
misinlink is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-11-2012, 09:28 PM   #50 (permalink)
Vote Cthulhu in 2016

Jesse James is really coming off like a jerk.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.