Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: wilmington, nc
||LinkBack||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
Before I go any further:
I'd like to thank everyone on this forum. I've been reading the many threads and have already gotten a lot of questions answered. You guys are cool. I look forward to finally getting my new bike in a few short months!
But first things first. I have to get my motorcycle license. My class is coming up fast (November 18). The class has some requirements for garment so I thought I would ask opinions here.
* Footwear. I must use leather boots that cover the entire foot. Recommendations? They usually require boots that reach above the ankle
* Longsleeve shirt. Yeah, I got that.
* Longsleeve coat. Got that, two. I have a nice jean jacket I can wear.
* Gloves. Must cover the hands and be leather. Ideas? Any leather gloves will work. make sure they're not too stiff. you can find better, more expensive riding gloves once you've passed you class and have time to do more research and know more about what you want.
* Pants. Levi's jeans, of course.
* Riding glasses. Ideas on this one? I assume my Oakleys will not cut it. Don't know why your Oakleys wouldn't be fine. Your class will be a low speeds so you shouldn't have to worry about wind/air flow blurring your visions. I'd check with the people putting on the class to be sure. You don't want to show up with "unacceptable" gear.
Thank you all for your help.