Should I Be Concerned? - Page 3 - Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum
Harley-DavidsonForums.com is an independent enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Harley-DavidsonForums.com is not sponsored by or in any way affiliated with Harley-Davidson Inc.. The Harley Davidson names and logos are trademarks owned by Harley-Davidson Inc.

Go Back   Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum > General Forum > General Motorcycle Related

» Insurance
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2012, 10:46 PM   #21 (permalink)
Bikeless....for now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurnCoat View Post
Gotta keep my head on straight.
Exactly, let things play out but keep urself informed. Be smart about it!!....Interesting circumstances and i think things will play out in ur favor, for HD's sake i hope so!!
Old 11-05-2012, 10:08 AM   #22 (permalink)
In the wind

Spoke with the MoCo and I have a case number.
The vin is in their system but not attached to my name. That is because, as I now catch it, the sales deal summary only has my first name on it.
They haven't heard of the dealer closing until my phone call.
I am sure this will work out, but what a f'd up way to buy a bike...

The Motor Co will have an answer to whats going on for me later in the week.
NCWSporty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 10:45 AM   #23 (permalink)

Perhaps you can use this to your advantage. You usually get some extra perks normally by the dealership. Maybe the moco can hook you up. Keep in communication with them. Also, perhaps try to find the guys working on the specialized stuff on your bike. If they know your issues and miles to get to a dealership, they may give it special attention.
- Ben Stein
redman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 08:33 PM   #24 (permalink)
In the wind

Ya maybe so redman. I was thinking to throw in or discount anyway a couple of parts maybe.
The more the potential delay, the more potential perks.
Old 11-08-2012, 05:03 PM   #25 (permalink)
In the wind

Well it looks like all is well. I have a verified vin #, a ship date (shipped yesterday!) which coincides with the delivery date (arrives at the dealer).
Looks like my dealer will still be open next week to perform the pdi.
So I lose a dealer and local service... Kinda tough there, but I am happy H-D & my dealer eased my worries. Whew
Thanks for the suggestions although my Sergeant of Arms, TINY, really wanted to bust some heads.
Old 11-08-2012, 05:11 PM   #26 (permalink)
God's Gift To Woman

'11 Black Ultra Classic.

http://www.popasmoke.com/
Muffler Bearing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 06:49 PM   #27 (permalink)
Señor Member

Nice!

Do you have a local indy that you trust or are you going to be hauling balls every time you need a shop?

Chief Illiniwek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 09:31 PM   #28 (permalink)
In the wind

There is a local Indy that is good I hear.
For the initial break-in and stage 1 I will use a dealer.
120 miles to the closest dealer, but I am OK with it.
Old 11-08-2012, 09:58 PM   #29 (permalink)
Thunder Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurnCoat View Post
Well it looks like all is well. I have a verified vin #, a ship date (shipped yesterday!) which coincides with the delivery date (arrives at the dealer).
Looks like my dealer will still be open next week to perform the pdi.
So I lose a dealer and local service... Kinda tough there, but I am happy H-D & my dealer eased my worries. Whew
Thanks for the suggestions although my Sergeant of Arms, TINY, really wanted to bust some heads.
I am happy for you...keep us informed.... Always engage the brain before the brawn...

JayD's journey back to the road rebuild thread...click here to see the journey...

JayD's New Softail

JayD's Iron Butt Ride Report

JayD © 2012
I.B.A #55000 FarRider # 690

Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting “Holy shit, what a ride!”
~ Mavis Leyrer
JayD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 09:36 AM   #30 (permalink)
'11 SuperGlide FXDC

Garage
I have three dealerships I can use. The closest is about 1.5 hours away the other two, including where I bought my bike, are about two hours away.

It isn't a big deal just requires a little advance planning. I had the dealer where I bought the bike do the 1000 mile service and pulled up at the place with 1003 miles on the bike. I'm having the 5000 mile service done at another dealer next weekend and will be over 5000 miles.

I can confirm the wheels don't fall off at either 1001 or 5001 miles if the service isn't done the moment it is due.

I've also been lucky and haven't had any service problems with my bike. Had I had such a problem I have both HOG and Progressive road side which would have paid to trailer it to the nearest dealer. (HOG is $100 max and only once per year) I did use the HOG to get the bike to the dealer when I had a flat rear wheel but I happen to be in the city where the dealer was when it happened.
Wrgiacona is offline   Reply With Quote