Harley Davidson Forums banner

Man Down

5K views 46 replies 42 participants last post by  RICK B 
#1 ·
My sincerest condolences go out to Chase Hunt (son), family and friends of Danny Hunt.

One our fellow riders, Danny Hunt died in a horrific accident this morning shortly after the midnight hour. His son, Chase was on the scene, but is OK. Danny's son, Chase is a Galveston County Sheriff.

I came up on the scene very shortly after. A real mess. The driver of the car that hit him was drunk. He hit him on the side of the road and tried to flee. His car gave out about 300 yards away. He was out walking on the highway. I had to keep him off the road until the police got him. The suspect is 75, a grandfather, never been in trouble in his life. Now faces intoxicated manslaughter and possibly attempted fleeing the scene. Another felony.

Every family involved loses in this one.

No winners. I haven't slept any and again want to send my my condolences. I wish there was something more I could do. I feel so utterly powerless.

Galveston deputy

#36 ·
Horrible. Condolences and prayers to the family.

#38 ·
Just adding to what has been said, man.
Prayers UP for you, and for the Hunt family, and for the family of the the old drunk driver.Very tragic, man.

#41 ·
Redman, my condolences to the Hunt family and to you for having to experience what you did. Drunk drivers are among the worst offenders there are.

I experienced it myself 2 years ago in Wichita Falls, TX; my 22 yr old nephew was hit head on and is now confined to a wheel chair and his wife was killed all because someone didn't know how how much was too much, or how to just call a cab.

#42 ·
Condolences to the family. What an unreal chain of events.

#44 ·
Definitely very sad. In this day and age EVERYBODY knows how bad it is to drink and drive. If this were in the 70s and 80s then I'd have more understanding, but the message has been out and we all know. My prayers are out to family and friends.

#45 ·
There was also a fatality accident where a guy couldn't make the curve and went over the sea wall.

GALVESTON, Texas—One man was killed when he lost control of his motorcycle and drove off the seawall early Sunday morning police. The unidentified man’s death was the second confirmed motorcycle-related fatality in the county during the Lone Star Rally weekend.
The latest fatality happened at about 1:13 a.m. at 12th Street and Seawall Boulevard, Galveston Police Department spokesman Lt. Michael Gray said. The motorcycle rider, whose name was not released, pending notification of his family of his death, was headed eastbound on Seawall Boulevard when he was unable to negotiate the curve of the road.
He lost control of his bike and went over the seawall. He was not wearing a helmet, Gray said.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.