Your Spouse and Your Bike - Page 10 - Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum
Harley-DavidsonForums.com is an independent enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Harley-DavidsonForums.com is not sponsored by or in any way affiliated with Harley-Davidson Inc.. The Harley Davidson names and logos are trademarks owned by Harley-Davidson Inc.

Go Back   Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum > General Forum > General Motorcycle Related

» Insurance
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2012, 07:10 AM   #91 (permalink)

Well we (family & friends) went and spread my dad's ashes...it was my father's last ride....I already had a nightster but my wife never wanted to ride it with me....so on the trip my sister and my mother rode with me.....I think seeing them safely riding with me changed my wife's mind and told me that once she lost alittle weight (we had twins 16 months ago and she hasn't had the time to do it) and I got a bigger bike she would ride with me....needless to say I've worked the budget in order to pay for a bigger bike and she is on board...

2013 HD-1 bike build FXDBP103 Street Bob Black:
103 CI Motor, H-D Smart Alarm, V&H Short Shots w/ Heat Shield Powder Coated, V&H Air Cleaner, V&H Fuelpak, Willie G Skull Theme (Grips, Pegs, Fuel Gauge, Fuel Cap, Shifter, Brake, Etc), 16" Apes-Chrome, Black Forward Controls, Rigid Locking Saddlebags, Sissy Bar w/ luggage rack, Sundowner Two Seat, Smoked Signal and Brake lenses w/LED's, Tank Bra, Engine Guard w/ Highway Pegs
icprules1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 09:33 AM   #92 (permalink)
evohogfarts

Quote:
Originally Posted by icprules1978 View Post
Well we (family & friends) went and spread my dad's ashes...it was my father's last ride....I already had a nightster but my wife never wanted to ride it with me....so on the trip my sister and my mother rode with me.....I think seeing them safely riding with me changed my wife's mind and told me that once she lost alittle weight (we had twins 16 months ago and she hasn't had the time to do it) and I got a bigger bike she would ride with me....needless to say I've worked the budget in order to pay for a bigger bike and she is on board...

LiveToRideHarleyDavidsonEvo

ltrhdevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 11:27 AM   #93 (permalink)

my wife was totally accepting of the fact that i was buying a harley, due to the fact that it was my dads bike and had huge semimental value to me. but other than that it was tuff negotiations to buy anythng else...in the end i got my bike.
Old 11-08-2012, 02:02 PM   #94 (permalink)

My first Harley , my wife threw a fit .. Stayed mad for months .And this was a used bikev. It got pretty bad . Even to the point where I told her she could leave but the harley was staying .Finally she went home visiting family and was talking to friends and apparently they told her to shut up and crawl on back if she wanted to save the marriage .. Things got better after that. I am having some medical issues now and while att the Harley place tuesday I had all but backed out on the new bike and she talked me into it.. let me repeat , She talked me into buying it .. go figure .lol So now I pick my 2012 dyna switchback up saturday .. I been married 18 yrs , still don't have a clue how her mind works

You are just the bullseye in the center
Marknett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 02:15 PM   #95 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilJo View Post
My wife was so relieved when I started parkin' the Vmax and ridin' the Harley. Even more so when I sold the Vmax and kept the Harley. And I have taken such good care of that bike through the years that she is totally supportive of me gettin' a brand spankin' new Harley in the near future. Even excited about it.

Am I a blessed man, or what?

I waiting on you liljo .. 2 new bikes with unlimited miles ahead ... Now that's living

You are just the bullseye in the center
Marknett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 02:35 PM   #96 (permalink)

When I first met my wife 24 years ago, I had a Honda 750 4cyl. We rode that thing everywhere! It was a chopper with a king / queen seat that caused me to lean back against her which hurt her back, so she stopped riding with me. I sold it about a year later. Years later when I mentioned that I wanted another bike, she was fine with the idea as long as I didn't get something that would be uncomfortable. Just for fun I would tell her I wanted to get a Shadow or something like that. She said don't you think you would be happier with a Harley? It was on then! I took her to the dealership to pick up my Super Glide, and she said "I thought you were going to look at the bikes, not buy one today". I then explained to her " I already know what they look like".
olliesuperglide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 07:54 PM   #97 (permalink)
icy
Padawan

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by marion View Post
My wife made it simple, either her or the motorcycle...needless to say, I bought my first Harley, Softail Deluxe...never looked back!
right on brother, right on.
icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 02:42 PM   #98 (permalink)
Banned

After I was without a bike for a short time, I bought my 94 sportster 1200 with an inheritance from my grandmother. The wife had no say, it was my money.

However, after that I pretty much just bought what I wanted. I make more money than her by 3 to 4 times as much.

Now we both have Harleys. I have my Road King and she has a 2005 sportster 883 custom.
chris_lacey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 03:14 PM   #99 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDK09 View Post
Ur bikes are identical???? Really?
Started out that way, that was the week we bought them last December. They look different now though .
Old 11-10-2012, 04:30 PM   #100 (permalink)

1998, owned a '66 Ironhead when I met my then GF.
(Bought the Sporty in 1990)

Dec, 2005. Put a downpayment on an '06 Dyna. Told GF I just bought myself a NEW Harley for Xmas.

Her: Tell me, does this one have 2 seats?
Me: No.
Her: Well I hope you enjoy it.

I married her 7 months later, she's a keeper!

Fast forward - Summer 2011. Test rode 2 Ultras with The Warden.
Dec, 2011: Bought an Ultra Classic Limited.
7000 miles together on it so far.

Still have all 3 bikes and the Warden. Life is good.

Attached Images
File Type: png Sporty 1.png (128.7 KB, 13 views)
File Type: png Sig Pic.png (930.5 KB, 13 views)
File Type: png 2006 Ultra Classic.png (677.7 KB, 14 views)
OZNOG is offline   Reply With Quote