Misplaced Trust - Page 3 - Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum
Harley-DavidsonForums.com is an independent enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Harley-DavidsonForums.com is not sponsored by or in any way affiliated with Harley-Davidson Inc.. The Harley Davidson names and logos are trademarks owned by Harley-Davidson Inc.

Go Back   Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum > General Forum > General Motorcycle Related

» Insurance
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2012, 08:04 PM   #21 (permalink)

What comes around goes around!! He'll get his. Sully
SullysRoadKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 08:40 PM   #22 (permalink)
Grandstanding Member

I for one, am disappointed that a member here would consider screwing another member for some parts.

As Roy said, there *may* be a reasonable explanation. However, If the OP shoots me the info of the buyer, I'll do a little searching and perhaps he's done it on other forums, and we can put a stop to it.

It happened once before here with a member that was hosing MULTIPLE members on multiple forums.

R.I.P. Rubberdown. 1971-2012
Dave63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 09:21 PM   #23 (permalink)

Things like this does take a toll on a persons trust. I do hope that it gets resolved. If not, things have a way of evening out.
thadley01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 08:00 AM   #24 (permalink)
2014 Fat Boy

This is tough.
Part of me says "never trust anyone".
But the better side of me says not to let the occassional bad apple spoil my choice to be trusting. (Without being foolish).
The exchanges I have had on this forum have always been fair, quick, and honest. I would do it again without hesitation.
However, I have never dealt with someone that is new to the forum.
Old 11-06-2012, 08:15 AM   #25 (permalink)

Garage
Sully is right. I've seen some of the meaner people I've known have some pretty bad stuff happen to them over the years. Of course, they claim innocence. But life, in my not so humble opinion, has a way of balancing the scales over the long run.

JamesNT
JamesNT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 08:19 AM   #26 (permalink)
MPG'S? Who gives a

Garage
I agree with letting us "honest" members know the "dis honest" memebers user name in order to protect us from him/her in the event they return.
Old 11-06-2012, 08:19 AM   #27 (permalink)
VA Fender Bender

Garage
for the most part I will still give members the benefit of my trust. This does not happen often amongst friends.
dmwphoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 09:10 AM   #28 (permalink)
Village Idiot

Garage
I am, perhaps, a bit too trusting. I will trust just about anyone until given a reason not to trust.

Sorry that happened to you. Let's hope there is a good reason for the lack of response.
Tom31w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 09:19 AM   #29 (permalink)
Imperial Wizard...

In my case I offered up the fairing mount mirrors for " free" all I wanted was the $8.00 back for shipping......the op was not involved in a horrible accident...they were on later showing off the new bike they bought....
Old 11-06-2012, 10:01 AM   #30 (permalink)
Turgid Member

I've done hundreds of deals on forums and only been burned a couple of times. It stings a little but like a few here have said you gotta be willing to accept a deal gone bad every now and then doing it this way.

I have similar philosophy in regard to people who have asked me to "loan" them money and give me the long smooth about how they'll pay me back as soon as "blah blah blah". I usually stop them before they get into the pay me back story. If I can do it I do and tell them up front it's not a loan as far as I'm concerned. I give it to them not expecting it back...if they can pay me back great if not I'm not losing a friend or family member over money or stuff.

Karma is a vengeful bi*ch and those who go around ripping people off alway get it back 10 fold in the end.

Michigan
2012 FXDC "Big Blue Pearl"
2010 XL883L "Vivid Black"
Moisture free since 2011
Ratso is offline   Reply With Quote