Misplaced Trust - Page 4 - Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum
Harley-DavidsonForums.com is an independent enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Harley-DavidsonForums.com is not sponsored by or in any way affiliated with Harley-Davidson Inc.. The Harley Davidson names and logos are trademarks owned by Harley-Davidson Inc.

Go Back   Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum > General Forum > General Motorcycle Related

» Insurance
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2012, 10:23 AM   #31 (permalink)

I've been burned as well........ from a good friend no less. "Bought" my car when I was moving out of town, and then never paid me. Out $1300.

As some have said when dealing online you have to use good judgement and make a calculated decision based on a number of factors. Blind trust is probably not the best way to go.

In this regard, I wanted to pass along my great experience dealing with Chris at National Powersports in NH. Bought my bike just last week from them (had it delivered) and it was a pleasure to do business. We exchanged over 30 emails for negotiating, questions, etc. Very professional and high level of integrity (PM me is you want more on this). They sell accessories, too, on eBay.
bradahj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 06:35 PM   #32 (permalink)

Misplaced Trust

I'm certainly not going to let this experience shake my faith in fellow riders. I appreciate all the support from this forum. The part is really not worth a whole lot, but I would rather have seen it go to someone honest. Anyway this guy may be down on his luck and ashamed to admit it to me or be having other problems. Maybe some day he will get back on his feet and remember this deal. There's an old saying "Trust Everyone, but Cut The Cards" that I neglected here. Enough of this one. Ride safe and enjoy. Lou
U.P.Lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 06:43 PM   #33 (permalink)
On Probation

Your part may have caused him to crash and die.............. you never know what might have happened.
SE Ventilator
SE Super Tuner
Jackpot Stainless Header
Rinehart 4" Muffs

I'll try to be nicer........if you try to be smarter.
HDSickness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 07:52 PM   #34 (permalink)
2014 Fat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDSickness View Post
Your part may have caused him to crash and die.............. you never know what might have happened.

Surley you jest!!

Last edited by MDGeorge; 11-11-2012 at 03:14 PM.
MDGeorge is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 08:16 PM   #35 (permalink)

Misplaced Trust

What a reply HD Sickness, I hope you are jesting. I've talked to this guy on the phone too. I truly hope he enjoys the part and thinks of his bum deal every time he rides. Like I said, I think he is having a run of bad luck right now and just can't pay. Maybe some day. It sure won't break me. Would have paid for a new set of grips for me though. I'm not going to make his name public either, there may be more to his not paying than he is telling me. Like I said, maybe some day, until then, Ride Safe and Enjoy.
Old 11-10-2012, 08:21 PM   #36 (permalink)
MPG'S? Who gives a

Garage
Oh well, i guess someone else will learn the hard way.

I don't see how this post will help any other members from being screwed by him. Atleast you got it off your chest....

"In God we trust. The rest pay cash"
Old 11-10-2012, 08:34 PM   #37 (permalink)
Poser Member # 99

If he cant pay for it why did ask to buy it

If I cant afford something I wait till I can

not screw some one out of there stuff the had to work hard for .

If some ones wants to give me something for free they tell you it's free .

If I know some ones needs something and they don't Have the Money It's my choich if I give it to them for free not thiers

My rant is over now
big john@dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 10:02 PM   #38 (permalink)

Garage
Business deals are just that and should be handled accordingly.

Having said that, I won't loan anyone money. If someone I know is deserving of help, I've been known to give them money and even that has turned out different than what I'd have expected.

Family is usually the worse. Once my wife asked if she could loan my brother in law 3,500.00 to catch up on his payments. He was going through a rough time and while irresponsible where money is concerned has worked hard all his life.

I told her no since I already knew he'd never be able to pay it back, but I'd give it to him mostly so he'd not feel like he needed to avoid anyone at family gatherings over money.

What pissed me off was he used the money to take his grand kids and worthless daughter and her husband to Disney World, and had to file bankruptcy to restructure his debt to keep his house.

Live and learn, been burned multiple times and will most likely be burned again even though I'm one of the most cynical persons you'll ever meet.

You never know when you might actually make a real difference to someone.
secoleman57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 10:56 PM   #39 (permalink)
Old Fart

Ok, so if I do a deal on this forum, I will first post the deal, the other forum members name, then ask everyone if I should do it. I think if a few members are willing to put a few good words in for the guy, then it's a deal. Sound good?

Sean C. Vigle
Rest In Peace My Friend.
Tcglide is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 08:58 PM   #40 (permalink)

Misplaced Trust

Well, what do you know, the buyer came through with the money finally after two months, anyway, I'm glad I did not make his name public, probably extenuating circumstances. Thanks, Lou