Misplaced Trust - Page 7 - Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 74 (permalink) Old 11-26-2012, 09:00 AM
Senior Member
 
MikeYork5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: San Clemente, Ca.
Posts: 623
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Illiniwek View Post
Googled it. iPhone. Sounds redonkulous yet awesome. I take it from your reference that its worth my time?
How can a book about Abraham Lincoln being a Vamire fighter not be worth your time? Lol.....


'When if's and but's are candy and nuts, oh what a world it will be"

THE MAIN THING... IS TO KEEP THE MAIN THING THE MAIN THING.
MikeYork5 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #62 of 74 (permalink) Old 11-26-2012, 09:58 AM
Seor Member
 
Chief Illiniwek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Illinois
Posts: 17,368
Images: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeYork5 View Post
How can a book about Abraham Lincoln being a Vamire fighter not be worth your time? Lol.....
I can't argue with this, Mike.

2011 Road King Classic, Python slip-ons, Stage 1 SE a/c, Power Commander V

Chief Illiniwek is online now  
post #63 of 74 (permalink) Old 11-26-2012, 11:17 AM
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,247
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Illiniwek View Post
Googled it. iPhone. Sounds redonkulous yet awesome. I take it from your reference that its worth my time?
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeYork5 View Post
How can a book about Abraham Lincoln being a Vamire fighter not be worth your time? Lol.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Illiniwek View Post
I can't argue with this, Mike.
Don't know about the book but the movie sucked! Apparently the only thing the book and the film share is the title. If you already have Netflix streaming, you can watch it there if you have 105 minutes of your life you can waste.
RAD_Softail is offline  
post #64 of 74 (permalink) Old 11-27-2012, 09:36 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Colorado Springs
Posts: 106
About a month ago, my wife and I went out to eat and sat out on the patio. I saw a guy pushing his bike up a long hill and ran across the street to help him. He'd run out of gas. Turns out he lived just over an hour away and didn't know anyone nearby. The closest gas station was about 6 miles away. He asked if I could give him a ride to buy a gas can and get gas. My wife and I were sipping drinks and had just ordered our food. I went back to our table and sat down. My wife noticed that the guy was nowhere in sight and says "What did you do?" I said, "I gave him the keys to our car." Surprisingly, she said that is really cool, I hope he brings it back. He did. Sometimes it's worth taking a chance on someone.
Chief is offline  
post #65 of 74 (permalink) Old 11-27-2012, 09:38 AM
dub
VA Fender Bender
 
dub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 4,844
Garage
great gesture Chief.

Dave

http://dmwphoto.smugmug.com


I Googled "who gives an eff?", my name was not listed......
dub is online now  
post #66 of 74 (permalink) Old 11-27-2012, 09:45 AM
Senior Member
 
LilJo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 2,376
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief View Post
About a month ago, my wife and I went out to eat and sat out on the patio. I saw a guy pushing his bike up a long hill and ran across the street to help him. He'd run out of gas. Turns out he lived just over an hour away and didn't know anyone nearby. The closest gas station was about 6 miles away. He asked if I could give him a ride to buy a gas can and get gas. My wife and I were sipping drinks and had just ordered our food. I went back to our table and sat down. My wife noticed that the guy was nowhere in sight and says "What did you do?" I said, "I gave him the keys to our car." Surprisingly, she said that is really cool, I hope he brings it back. He did. Sometimes it's worth taking a chance on someone.
Chief...I love you, man...You'd fit right in with the crew I run with.

Ride In Peace, Rick "Rubberdown" Massey
LilJo is online now  
post #67 of 74 (permalink) Old 11-27-2012, 10:10 AM
Imperial Wizard...
 
lakeforktx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Emory,Tx.
Posts: 4,931
Thats cool...

2012 Ultra Classic White hot Pearl..... 2002 Fatboy Concord Purple,
lakeforktx is offline  
post #68 of 74 (permalink) Old 11-27-2012, 11:23 AM
Senior Member
 
Tundraflyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Alaska
Posts: 116
Awesome!


Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
Tundraflyer is online now  
post #69 of 74 (permalink) Old 11-27-2012, 12:48 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Missouri
Posts: 513
Garage
Yes that is awesome, esp if the bike was worth less than the car
secoleman57 is offline  
post #70 of 74 (permalink) Old 11-27-2012, 01:19 PM
Senior Member
 
big worm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Juggalo Island
Posts: 4,812
to the OP, you handled this very well. i for one am glad the guy made the deal right. like others say, you would really like to trust people but if you trust them all you will get burnt eventually.

Crew Chief/Tuner 2013 Super Comp Manufacturers Cup Series Champion
2009 Farmington Dragway Motorcycle Class Champion 06 VRSCD
1998 street cruiser class champion farmington dragway
www.dobeckperformance.com
www.electronicjetkit.com
www.raptorperformance.com
#00013
big worm is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome