Should i do this trade? - Page 2 - Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum
Harley-DavidsonForums.com is an independent enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Harley-DavidsonForums.com is not sponsored by or in any way affiliated with Harley-Davidson Inc.. The Harley Davidson names and logos are trademarks owned by Harley-Davidson Inc.

Go Back   Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum > General Forum > General Motorcycle Related

» Insurance
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2012, 05:33 PM   #11 (permalink)

are you saying you can do a straight trade?!?? if that is the case then it's no question of course you should do it. There is a big difference between the bikes, totally different drivetrains, frame, ride position. You will def be more comfy on the SG because tho the heritage is a great bike, it is a best of both worlds, luggage capacity for long trips but light enough for around town riding. the SG is good for around town but great on the highway. bigger motor 6th speed is great on the highway and all around more comfy.
02sportytex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-13-2012, 05:57 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley Rider View Post
Jesus, I read the first line and thought you were selling your girlfriend. I was all ready to ask you how much and what model. You sure know how to get a guy's attention!

I really think if anybody in this forum is contemplating selling their girlfriend, they really owe it to us to post pics first
Old 11-13-2012, 05:59 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDK09 View Post
One of the biggest things is that ur heritage has a counter-balanced engine, versus the non counter-balanced engine in the streetglide(i think i got that right). My buddy has an 07 heritage and was considering trading for a SG until he test rode one. His bike idles smooth as glass and thats what he's used to, i guess he doesn't like the vibes.
That's a good point. When I first test drove the Ultra the guy at the dealer fired it up and I noticed it vibrating. I thought "what the hell?" But then he gave it a little throttle and it smoothed right out like glass (or almost like that). At first I didn't think I would like that it vibrates at idle, but honestly until you mentioned it here I had forgotten about it. So it's something I don't even really notice. And I've only had my Ultra since September. But I'm already over 4,800 miles into it.
Old 11-13-2012, 07:50 PM   #14 (permalink)
Imperial Wizard...

I wouldnt buy a SG..thats just me..at the very least get the EG "classic" you can make it look like a SG persay...and it comes with a tour pack you can take it on and off as needed...more bike for the $$$ ...
Old 11-14-2012, 03:42 PM   #15 (permalink)

Some great post guys thanks.
RDK09
Vibration….ya I noticed this this past summer
The nephew picked up a 2010 RK
It was sitting idle beside mine and the horn was jumping around like a kid on Ritalin.

So ya the trade would be a 2005 Heritage Classic Softail for a 2010 Street Glide.
Sorry about that….prolly should of posted that in the beginning.

I don’t know what I’m going to do at this point.
I think I’ll wait till spring and see how I feel then.
Appreciate all the post and I’ll get back to ya on what I decide.
Old 11-14-2012, 05:46 PM   #16 (permalink)

keep in mind the sg has shorter shocks[1" shorter] so the ride isn't all that compared to the other touring models
butch61 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-14-2012, 05:58 PM   #17 (permalink)
But working on it...

Don't buy on looks. A Harley is like an extension of who you are and you need to be one with your bike. I still ride my 97 RK for that very reason. New is nice but does not always suffice. You need a good test ride.

Damn it must be the caffeine.

Sent from my XT860 using Motorcycle.com Free App
No Time is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-14-2012, 10:36 PM   #18 (permalink)

Ive had the luxury of riding a 2000 heritage and then bought a 2010 ultra. So imo id go touring line in an instant if you do alot of long rides. Alot more stable feal and lockng bags is nice too. I'm a larger guy so the ultra feals like it can hold me better. Lol no bottoming out on the rear springs.
2010hdultra is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-15-2012, 12:45 AM   #19 (permalink)

Gee-a black Street Glide. How original!! No one else has one of those!!

Keep the Heritage--better looking bike. Just check the cam tensioners. Or trade for a RoadKing, the most versatile bike from the MoCo.
Old 11-15-2012, 11:31 AM   #20 (permalink)

Well you gotta do what's best for you. However, going from a softail deluxe to a road king like I did........I wouldn't get rid of my road king and go back to a softail for nothing.
Patriot Guard ID #181788
US Navy Veteran

wndchsr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.