rear axle spacers - Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum
Harley-DavidsonForums.com is an independent enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Harley-DavidsonForums.com is not sponsored by or in any way affiliated with Harley-Davidson Inc.. The Harley Davidson names and logos are trademarks owned by Harley-Davidson Inc.

Go Back   Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum > General Forum > General Motorcycle Related

» Insurance
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2012, 08:31 PM   #1 (permalink)

Garage
rear axle spacers

I removed the rear wheel from my 06 ultra classic and placed the spacers on the axle in the positions they were removed, when I re-installed the rear wheel I dropped the axle and the spacers went rolling across the floor.... the right side spacer is a no brainer, the left side spacer is thicker on one side than the other. Common sense tells me the thicker side goes against the frame but want to make sure that is correct..... any help??? thanks
john06flh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 10:02 PM   #2 (permalink)

John, You should try posting in the new member area. Tell about yourself, your bike, a little background , or whatever else you want to introduce yourself. Also, You may be in a bind so click the link below this should help you
http://partsfinder.onlinemicrofiche....dmc&A=672&B=31

Jared
2012 FXDWG
GlideWide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 10:36 PM   #3 (permalink)

Garage
Thanks Glidewide

I will introduce myself straight away, thanks for the link... piece #18 is what I am looking at and the illustration doesn't show the thicker side at all and i need to know if the thick od wide side of 18 goes against the frame or the wheel bearing.
Old 11-14-2012, 11:13 PM   #4 (permalink)

Garage
found my answer

thanks again Glidewide, I was looking at hte picture backwards, #3 is the piece I was looking at and it clearly shows the thick side against the frame.
Old 11-15-2012, 08:21 AM   #5 (permalink)

That's the beauty of having this forum available with all the great brothers and sisters who are way smarter than me!