T-Shirt swap pairings are UP, Nov 2012 - Page 16 - Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum
Harley-DavidsonForums.com is an independent enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Harley-DavidsonForums.com is not sponsored by or in any way affiliated with Harley-Davidson Inc.. The Harley Davidson names and logos are trademarks owned by Harley-Davidson Inc.

Go Back   Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum > General Forum > General Motorcycle Related

» Insurance
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2012, 06:40 PM   #151 (permalink)
Seņor Member

I didn't track yours either, but I did insure it so if you don't get it Uncle Sam will pay for your replacement.

Chief Illiniwek is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 08:03 PM   #152 (permalink)

Garage
Well I went straight from the dealer to the UPS Store figuring they'd have the stuff to mail it in and I could finish it up all at one place.

It had something to do with where you live I guess they don't do regular deliveries there. So to track it was astronomical, then they told me they could send it through the post office.

To make a long story shorter it was going to cost about 1/2 the cost of the shirt I figured WTF I'll take the chance so didn't insure it either. The worse it would have cost me is another shirt and got to thinking afterwards this will be the time the neighbor or someone else wanting the shirt will get it
secoleman57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 09:37 PM   #153 (permalink)
Banned

I always note in the instructions that the cheapest way is the post office in an envelope.
chris_lacey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 02:31 PM   #154 (permalink)

Got my tees (2) from 2stangs8689. Great Niagra Falls picture.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg front1.JPG (2.04 MB, 40 views)
File Type: jpg back1.JPG (1.89 MB, 41 views)
File Type: jpg front2.JPG (2.02 MB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg back2.JPG (1.82 MB, 36 views)

2005 XL1200C Vance & Hines Staggered Short Stacks w/QQ Thunder Monster Baffles, D & M chrome spike air cleaner, 48, 185 jets, 12" Burly's, Mustang Cyclone solo seat, Progressive 412 shocks.

2009 FXSTC Vance & Hines Big Radius, V&H air filter, 16" RSD King Apes w/1 1\2" risers and 1 1/2" riser extensions, Progressive 422 shocks, Corbin seat.
squeekie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 04:47 PM   #155 (permalink)
Collision Godfather

Glad you liked them Squeekie, sorry again about the black tee...lol. I really tried for a different color.

Harley Forum Meet and Greet Video 2013

http://youtu.be/yW0nzq94R1Y

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0skr19KrE4
2stangs8689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 05:22 PM   #156 (permalink)
"MacHine"

Received a very nice t-shirt and poker chip, from nolonger8 from New York!.

Thanks!

Jeffdag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 09:17 PM   #157 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_lacey View Post
I always note in the instructions that the cheapest way is the post office in an envelope.
Yes and I saw that however you've never been to MY post office. It's always packed, the people are always surly and if you have to wait longer than 30 min.s you'll likely find your car either ticketed or towed.

UPS store I walked in, bought the mailer and had it sent in under 5 mins the only snag was tracking, evidently if they don't do a regular route to an area it gets expensive for tracking. Didn't ask about insurance as I got side tracked but THEY dealt with the post office and that was well worth the 6.25 it cost me including the mailer.

Only risk I took was if it had been lost with no insurance, in which case I would have just bought another one and maybe Chief would have eventually realized I wasn't a total dead beat.
secoleman57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 10:05 PM   #158 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by secoleman57 View Post
Yes and I saw that however you've never been to MY post office. It's always packed, the people are always surly and if you have to wait longer than 30 min.s you'll likely find your car either ticketed or towed.

UPS store I walked in, bought the mailer and had it sent in under 5 mins the only snag was tracking, evidently if they don't do a regular route to an area it gets expensive for tracking. Didn't ask about insurance as I got side tracked but THEY dealt with the post office and that was well worth the 6.25 it cost me including the mailer.

Only risk I took was if it had been lost with no insurance, in which case I would have just bought another one and maybe Chief would have eventually realized I wasn't a total dead beat.
When I used to work overseas, I am sure I had members here thinking that of me. I was running the swap, but was always the last guy to get his shirt mailed out. . I would set up a swap, and then get set to some backwater craphole in India for 6 weeks.

$6.25 isn't bad at all. I typically pay $8.50 to send a shirt to the US from the post office.
chris_lacey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 10:20 PM   #159 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_lacey View Post
Yep, envelope and postage set me back $5, can't beat that.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
Artp71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 07:26 AM   #160 (permalink)
Mr. MojoRisen

I received my shirt from Randy (RAD_Softtail) last week, just now getting around to post the picture.

Great looking shirt Randy, Thank you.

Thanks for putting this together again Chris.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Shirt from Randy.JPG (114.3 KB, 27 views)

"You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him."
~~James D. Miles

2009 - Road Glide

US NAVY - CPO Retired
P3fltEng is offline   Reply With Quote