T-Shirt swap pairings are UP, Nov 2012 - Page 8 - Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum
Harley-DavidsonForums.com is an independent enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Harley-DavidsonForums.com is not sponsored by or in any way affiliated with Harley-Davidson Inc.. The Harley Davidson names and logos are trademarks owned by Harley-Davidson Inc.

Go Back   Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum > General Forum > General Motorcycle Related

» Insurance
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-23-2012, 04:30 PM   #71 (permalink)
THE Yuppie Outlaw

Garage
Got my shirt from Huskerbob today.

ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1353709794.214758.jpg

ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1353709813.096880.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App
Diezel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 07:00 PM   #72 (permalink)
On Probation

Shirt for Mrs. Fluffy went out today.
SE Ventilator
SE Super Tuner
Jackpot Stainless Header
Rinehart 4" Muffs

I'll try to be nicer........if you try to be smarter.
HDSickness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 07:36 PM   #73 (permalink)

I'm still waiting to here back from Doc Gee ..... sent him a pm a while ago. Looks like he hasn't been online since the 12th. Hope all is well.
Rhino40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 10:40 PM   #74 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhino40 View Post
I'm still waiting to here back from Doc Gee ..... sent him a pm a while ago. Looks like he hasn't been online since the 12th. Hope all is well.
Tis that time of the year, I hadn't heard from mine after a couple days, noticed he'd not been posting either after being very active.

Turns out he's in Mexico and dropped me a line wanting to know if we could do it when he got back.'

Yours might have had a wife/GF that made him leave anything computer related at home
secoleman57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 11:39 PM   #75 (permalink)

Garage
My T Shirt swap partner is in Mexico and wants to talk the shirt deal over next week when he gets back.

No problem, figured I'd go down and get an idea of what the dealer has in it's motorclothes. The good news is they have plenty of choices in various HD branded designs from SM to 3XL, they even have a several 4XL and 5XL shirts.

The bad news is, after hours of looking at tags I was only able to find TWO friggen HD branded T Shirts made in the USA bought them both so if he's picky he's got a choice in black or white 4XL size only.

I didn't find one Leather jacket, vest or chaps with a made in USA tag. WTF who in their right mind would pay the price I saw on some of those items for something made in China, Indonesia, or Mexico? I was joking about it with another customer and his response was "well Mexico stuff isn't so bad". Well I guess it's okay if you don't care WHAT PART of the America's your stuff comes from.

Don't get me wrong, I've got plenty of clothing made overseas however, isn't one of HD's marketing twists all about American machinery built or at least assembled in America (which excuse me because I know I'm wrong, I personally take to mean the United States). I know they build bikes overseas however my understanding is those bikes are for a non-US market base.

Talking with the MC manager all she would say is they have to buy the motor clothes where HD tells them they can and they have little input. My remarks to her ran along the lines of "I don't need to look down at a T-Shirt to tell me what type of MC I'm riding and I have nothing against metric bikes I've owned many".

Hell I can have the Amish make both chaps and leather jackets that are custom fit for me for a hell of a lot less than I'd pay in any clothing store including the internet if I want to wait until they have the time to do it. Fox Creek handles made in the USA leathers and their prices aren't bad.

I mean come on, we had a large gasoline/convience store chain around here several years back selling US Flags made in China with 11 bars and they sold thousands before anyone noticed.
secoleman57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 05:41 AM   #76 (permalink)
Banned

You guys are FAST. I haven't even gotten out to buy the shirt for phx11 yet. To be fair the dealer is almost 2 hours away and isn't open Sunday. Hopefully I'm off today at noon and done have to stay until 2:30, Clare's Niagara Falls closes at 4 on Saturdays.
chris_lacey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 07:27 AM   #77 (permalink)

OGC- Shirts went out yesterday! Priority mail "If it fits it ships" box.
mopar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 07:35 AM   #78 (permalink)
Banned

Yah...it's tough around holidays to get things done. I got P3fltEng's T-shirt on Tuesday after work. Forgot to pick up a mailing envelope and got that Wednesday after work but by that time the Post Office was closed. Thursday was Thanksgiving...Post Office closed. I got off early on Friday and I figured I'd mail it off on the way home...Post Office closed at 2:00PM...missed it by 15 minutes . Will mail it off this morning if they haven't "adjusted" their hours for today as well .
RAD_Softail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 07:37 AM   #79 (permalink)

Both of mine went out yesterday! ( somehow I got teamed up with two others). That's cool though, I will get two shirts!

How often is this done? I will be participating in more of them.

Mad Dog 64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 08:07 AM   #80 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Dog 64 View Post
Both of mine went out yesterday! ( somehow I got teamed up with two others). That's cool though, I will get two shirts!

How often is this done? I will be participating in more of them.

First off, sorry about the double pairings. As these are getting bigger and bigger my screw ups are getting more frequent. In the future, please let me know if I screw up, I will try and make it right.

Frequency. We have been doing about 3 per year. Usually late Feb, late June and mid Nov. I thought the novelty would have worn off by now, but in fact, they just get bigger and bigger. I remember telling a buddy how successful one swap was when we got to 15 pairs, now we do 40+.
chris_lacey is offline   Reply With Quote