some piece of crap tried to steal my bike friday night - Page 3 - Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum
Harley-DavidsonForums.com is an independent enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Harley-DavidsonForums.com is not sponsored by or in any way affiliated with Harley-Davidson Inc.. The Harley Davidson names and logos are trademarks owned by Harley-Davidson Inc.

Go Back   Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum > General Forum > General Motorcycle Related

» Insurance
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2012, 09:46 PM   #21 (permalink)

In Mississippi we practice the Castle Law which means you have the right to protect yourself and your property, even if that includes killing someone. One of the few pieces of legislation we have that I actually agree with.
2006 Cobalt Blue Street Glide
1998 Tangerine and birch Heritage Softail
and more Hondas than I can remember. 2
emmojo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-27-2012, 10:29 PM   #22 (permalink)

Garage
I hate theives too ! I have outside carport parking where I live. It's covered, with disc locks, HD security and siren alarm and pager. Never feel 100% safe. When not riding, I keep my bike in a storage unit. I sleep better knowing it's lockup in a garage with security camera rolling. Damm theives !
agsansoo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-27-2012, 10:51 PM   #23 (permalink)
Banned

I live in an apartment and keep my bike in my rear patio. The bike has HD security, alarm and pager plus, as you can see here, it's watched over by a motion detection/night vision equipped security camera. As long as my car is parked in the carport no one can open the gate to my patio to get at the bike. If I have to leave the bike at home while I'm working, at least I can keep an eye on it remotely.

I had to cover it with a tarp cuz it's supposed to start raining tonight and last through the weekend .
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (53.8 KB, 31 views)
RAD_Softail is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-27-2012, 11:27 PM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by budgie45 View Post
Some piece of shit tried to steal my sportster friday night..woke up saturday morning to walk the dogs,i notice the cover is off my bike i walk over to my bike notice the seat is hanging to one side of the bike..scumbags stole the nelson rigg cover,tried to get the seat off as well,Rang the cops took them 3 hours to come..cops said there's not much they can do because no one seen what happened..I just ordered a gorilla alarm,i have 2 disc locks on the bike already..What kind of scumbag steals a bike cover,i dont know how they got the seat up must of stuck a screwdriver or a bar under to bust it...I hope i catch them im going to beat them with a framing hammer.

i ahve it at my friends house till my alarm comes in the mail.
My heart's out to you budgie45. You must have felt like you were violated yourself when you saw what you showed us in the picture. Dave63 makes a good point about having your bike outside. If you can possibly get your bike into your residence. That would be the best thing you could do. Out of sight, out of mind. If they do break in then you have the option of using a good 1911 alarm system to stop the perps permanently.

Jonathan

Dollar for the drink. Dollar for the honey. Burning a hole. Gotta spend my girl money.

KIX
Jon_Fatboy_P is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-28-2012, 03:56 AM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon_Fatboy_P View Post
My heart's out to you budgie45. You must have felt like you were violated yourself when you saw what you showed us in the picture. Dave63 makes a good point about having your bike outside. If you can possibly get your bike into your residence. That would be the best thing you could do. Out of sight, out of mind. If they do break in then you have the option of using a good 1911 alarm system to stop the perps permanently.

Jonathan
Californa law sucks balls,if this was Belfast i just Kneecapp the ****er i catch at my bike..Cop was a bit of a dick about the whole thing..he said you should of made a online report before ringing us.. i didnt even make a 911 call just the local police station,and it took them like 3 hours to come.Thats what im paying my tax dollars for..He mellowed out after 5 minutes..And im always up late i work night club security so its always 5am by the time i get to bed..i hate homeless people..I know thats bad for saying that,but i dont give a ****.
Old 11-28-2012, 05:49 AM   #26 (permalink)
Vote Cthulhu in 2016

Makes me glad I have a garage and I live in a State where we all have many, many weapons....

- Errol Flynn as George Armstrong Custer, They Died with Their Boots On (1941)
City Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-28-2012, 01:48 PM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_lacey View Post
That, right there, is why I have the "Support your local BIG RED MACHINE, Hamilton" on the windshield of my bike. When cops ask I tell them I thought it meant the Cincinnati Reds and look all surprised when they try and tell me it means HA. I don't think I'm fooling them though.
Thieves suck.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg wallkill.JPG (362.0 KB, 16 views)

2005 XL1200C Vance & Hines Staggered Short Stacks w/QQ Thunder Monster Baffles, D & M chrome spike air cleaner, 48, 185 jets, 12" Burly's, Mustang Cyclone solo seat, Progressive 412 shocks.

2009 FXSTC Vance & Hines Big Radius, V&H air filter, 16" RSD King Apes w/1 1\2" risers and 1 1/2" riser extensions, Progressive 422 shocks, Corbin seat.
squeekie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-29-2012, 09:38 PM   #28 (permalink)

put a laser sight on your gun.
flip it on and shine it right on their head.
have fun!

dT
distantThunder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.