Rain Gear - Page 2 - Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum
Harley-DavidsonForums.com is an independent enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Harley-DavidsonForums.com is not sponsored by or in any way affiliated with Harley-Davidson Inc.. The Harley Davidson names and logos are trademarks owned by Harley-Davidson Inc.

Go Back   Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum > General Forum > General Motorcycle Related

» Insurance
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2012, 02:25 PM   #11 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marknett View Post
I never take my frogg toggs out of the saddlebags ..When you need them you need them . i ride year round . so one saddlebags has tool set ,frogg toggs and rainmasters boot covers and last but not least my chaps .. I usaully never wear the chaps unless it's below 20 degrees . oh and my gauntlet gloves
Me too, I keep everything in my saddle bags along with first aid kit.

Sorry about the elephant ears reference but that's what these guys call em... I do remember him saying that he get's a lot of stuff from http://www.jpcycles.com/l

Life Church Riders Group Germantown WI
Riding with our Lord!
Knash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 02:26 PM   #12 (permalink)
Go SEAHAWKS!!

Garage
Riding here in the "wet" part of NW Washington State, I have a set of well made over pants and Jacket (First Gear) that I wear at least twice per week. Even during the Spring & cooler summer, I usually wear the over pants with my leather jacket unless it is over say 50 degrees or so.

But I always have a set of the Frogg Toggs with me in my saddle bag. Usually don't need em if caught in typical rain as my leather jacket repels water very well and is warm. HOWEVER, if caught in a down pour since I usually ride through I put the Frogg Toggs jacket over my leather.

To make it a shorter answer, I use my wet gear all the time and carry the F.T.'s if it is too warm for the heavy stuff.

Hope this gives you a decent enough answer.

"It's easy to curb the freedoms of others when you see no immediate impact on your own."
Malcolm Forbes

"Give the gift of your absence to those who do not appreciate your presence."

2000 Wide Glide Stage II
StillBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 04:02 PM   #13 (permalink)

Garage
One thing I forgot to say about having your rain gear is that if it get's unexpectedly cold, you have at least a wind break against the cold at all times.

Riding with our Lord!
Old 11-30-2012, 04:17 PM   #14 (permalink)

these guys have good prices on everything

http://www.jafrum.com/

You are just the bullseye in the center
Marknett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 06:30 PM   #15 (permalink)

If you buy froggToggs dom't the cheapie hunters suit get the nicer a few bucks more RoadToad rain suit for motorcycle tiders and buy the optional heat sheild for the leg closest to your pipes . i always have it in my FLHRC bags . It comes in handy for some extra cold weather protection in a pinch .

I have the desert dawgs rain and wind gators for the crash bars . there awsome leave them on most of the time till it gets over 90f.
Old 11-30-2012, 07:01 PM   #16 (permalink)
Imperial Wizard...

Got the high dollor HD suits..they work great...used to rain on me all the time...spend 300 bucks on rains suits...and guess what....used them 1 time in two years..never rains now...
Old 11-30-2012, 07:20 PM   #17 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakeforktx View Post
Got the high dollor HD suits..they work great...used to rain on me all the time...spend 300 bucks on rains suits...and guess what....used them 1 time in two years..never rains now...
So you're the reason for the drought...

Riding with our Lord!
Old 11-30-2012, 07:21 PM   #18 (permalink)
Hit it she goes boom

Thanks for the tips and the suggestions.. I think I'd be a lot more comfortable if I'd get some good gear and use it rather than just trying to ride through it. I know this sounds dumb but that rain gear would have kept me from freezin my @ss off a few times. My leather jacket is pretty good but when your feet get cold coming off the highway and ya realize your gonna need em but ya can't move em.... thats a problem.

P.S. GotGold's 03' Screamin Eagle sounds like a 67' Chevelle big block.--- J.P.
GotGold is offline   Reply With Quote