What would bring you into a dealer in the cold months??? Need serious feedback - Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum
Harley-DavidsonForums.com is an independent enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Harley-DavidsonForums.com is not sponsored by or in any way affiliated with Harley-Davidson Inc.. The Harley Davidson names and logos are trademarks owned by Harley-Davidson Inc.

Go Back   Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum > General Forum > General Motorcycle Related

» Insurance
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2012, 11:02 AM   #1 (permalink)
PRO BIKE FLIPPER

What would bring you into a dealer in the cold months??? Need serious feedback

Ok ok, well its no suprise to most i work for a dealership. I hang my hat on being one of the top rated places in the country. But we have been having conversations here on how to bring people in, when its cold out, when riding weather isnt at its best, etc...

So im here to get direct feedback from you guys, obviously dealers usually have winter specials and so on. But what would they need to do to check get ya in the door to say hi?????

Please serious feedback only, ill message a mod if this becomes some b.s. Dealer hate on topic and just have the thread locked.

I try to help as many on here as i can when i can, so now just asking for a little bit back... Thanks in advance guys.

04 FLHP- PROJECT GOT WOOD... COMING SPRING.

"You never see a herse with a luggage rack..."
serviceguy85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 11:08 AM   #2 (permalink)
THE Yuppie Outlaw

Garage
I spend more time in the dealer during the winter.

They have free coffee, sometimes free beer and the B.S. around the parts counter is second to none. The girls in the clothes department are pretty and friendly as well.

It is the best way to get to know your parts guy and spend time around bikes and other enthusiasts during the snowy months.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App
Diezel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 11:10 AM   #3 (permalink)
Harley Rider

Garage
Bring 'em in with food and drinks. Run specials while they are there. Everyone with a Harley is looking for a break.
TmikeX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 11:11 AM   #4 (permalink)
Hit it she goes boom

This might be a bit "out there" but owning a business myself, ya gotta think outside of the box... here goes. The problem is when the cold weather comes, its time to store the bike or part hybernate it. I know there's things I could get done on the bike while its down any how. If someone wants to get the bike to the shop, say for a tire change or whatever, problem is getting it there, or getting caught while its at the dealership. I'd like to get my back tire changed out, but I don't want to see if I can ride in the snow afterward....you get my point. What if the dealership offered closed trailering?? to and from. Just a thought.

P.S. GotGold's 03' Screamin Eagle sounds like a 67' Chevelle big block.--- J.P.
GotGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 11:13 AM   #5 (permalink)
TAS
Slave to the grind

How about holding a "customer Appreciation" day w/ local food etc... Around here we'd have someone cook a Jambalaya etc... BBQ always goes over good. How about a sale of clothing?

USN 87-97 AMS-2 (AW)
13 Fatboy Lo Candy Orange
94 FLSTC Silver/white
98 Jeep TJ w/ a few things done to it.
TAS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 11:17 AM   #6 (permalink)
PRO BIKE FLIPPER

All good idea guys, some of them we are already implimenting, but keep tham coming.

04 FLHP- PROJECT GOT WOOD... COMING SPRING.

"You never see a herse with a luggage rack..."
serviceguy85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 11:24 AM   #7 (permalink)
Unreconstructed

One dealership I know of used to have some kind of a to-do every Saturday. And usually they had some kind of special going a long with it. Beer, hot dogs, a band, sometimes a goofy contest but it attracted people.
southernman_67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 11:43 AM   #8 (permalink)
tattoo judge

Garage
my dealer offers free pick up and delivery and I use that service. they send a truck with a trailer, pick it up, service it and return it to me with no charge for the pu and del. I go right past two dealers closer because of this. I usually spend more to take advantage of it being there.

http://dmwphoto.smugmug.com
dmwphoto is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 11:48 AM   #9 (permalink)

Try dropping the price on sweatshirts and t-shirts. Pocket t-shirt at dealer, 30 bucks. Pocket t-shirt at wallyworld, 3 for 10 bucks. Paying to advertise for a dealership, just doesn't make much sense to me.
Badinfluence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 11:49 AM   #10 (permalink)
Banned

Raffles are always a winner, and door prizes .

Advertising is also important. I see tons of TV commercials for the local car dealerships in my area but never anything for the local H-D dealerships. I guess ya'll think the bikes sell themselves? If that were the case, there'd be fewer Crotch-Rockets and Victorys on the road. Facebook, Twitter, Craigslist for your used stock. Gotta spend money to make money.
RAD_Softail is offline   Reply With Quote