New Street... Errr... Electra Glide Ultra Street thingy. - Page 2 - Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum
Harley-DavidsonForums.com is an independent enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Harley-DavidsonForums.com is not sponsored by or in any way affiliated with Harley-Davidson Inc.. The Harley Davidson names and logos are trademarks owned by Harley-Davidson Inc.

Go Back   Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum > General Forum > General Motorcycle Related

» Insurance
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2012, 10:08 AM   #11 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongo44 View Post
NICE, Roho!!! That's super kick a$$!!

I would go with the fishtails, although the big ovals will sound better. I have the longtail fishtails (Samson) on my 80" Evo and, while they sound great, I can assure you the bigger pipes will yield a deeper, more throaty sound. Sound over looks, looks over sound... Sucks to be faced with such a horrific decision-making process.

Does anyone ever ride bitch? I'm a believer that a seat can make or break a bike's overall look. If you don't ride with anyone on board, the only thing I'd change would be a solo saddle or a two-up with a lower-profile rear end. It'll definitely give it a more low-down, sleek, sinister profile.

That was the only thing I saw that I'd change, even over the pipe. For some unkonwn reason, I've always liked that particular version of the 2-1 pipe as it looks like the business end of a tank cannon (but of course, I'm an even bigger fan of true duals).

Thats just a killer looking bike. You always have great taste!

Thanks my brother! How you been?
Yeah, my wifey rides with me so I gotta keep the seat. At least I have a quick detach backrest for it so I can get that on and off in a couple seconds. I'm thinking I'll end up going with the fishtails. I remember how my Heritage sounded and it was epic. Plus, the look is my style. Love that cholo look.

-Rohan

-Rohan
Rohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 10:24 AM   #12 (permalink)

Garage
Ok. I did it. I just ordered Samson 39 inch Cholo fishtails!!! Next day air so I'll get them tomorrow afternoon.

-Rohan
Old 12-04-2012, 10:29 AM   #13 (permalink)
THE Yuppie Outlaw

Garage
Holy Chit that thing is gorgeous.

I hate to say it, but I like it even more than your custom. I really love the look of the red grips. That is an awesome accent. When you get those fishtails on it is really going to pull the rear view together.

Awesome, just awesome.
Diezel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 10:37 AM   #14 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPWendtinc View Post
Holy Chit that thing is gorgeous.

I hate to say it, but I like it even more than your custom. I really love the look of the red grips. That is an awesome accent. When you get those fishtails on it is really going to pull the rear view together.

Awesome, just awesome.

Thanks bro!

-Rohan
Old 12-04-2012, 09:00 PM   #15 (permalink)

Very nice bike !!

Those fishtails will look killer on that ride.
Doug53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 10:17 AM   #16 (permalink)

Garage
Samson Cholo Longtails 39"

Well I did it. I got the fishtails on this weekend. I'm really not sure I like them as much as I thought I would. Maybe you guys can make me feel better about them. I looked for some Vance and Hines big radius but apparently they don't make any for an Evo motor

-Rohan
Attached Images
File Type: jpg C360_2012-12-05-15-40-07.jpg (1.09 MB, 51 views)
File Type: jpg C360_2012-12-05-15-31-30.jpg (1.05 MB, 48 views)
File Type: jpg C360_2012-12-05-15-31-42.jpg (1.33 MB, 49 views)
Old 12-11-2012, 10:21 AM   #17 (permalink)
I'll help you hide the body

Dont hate em.... but now she is screaming for some stretched bags and fill strips on the ass end.

borrowed from gtrman66
Rules:
#1. Post #1: "New to Community"
#2. Buy a HD Service Manual, best $70 you'll spend
#3. Try the search function, we might have already answered your question
#4. Don't post classifieds until you meet the rules
#5. Don't bad mouth dealers until we know you, there are always 2 sides
misinlink is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 10:24 AM   #18 (permalink)

Garage
You may be on to somethin brother The good thing is that since I have true dual header pipes I can just buy slip ons from here on out if I decide to change.

-Rohan
Old 12-11-2012, 10:36 AM   #19 (permalink)
THE Yuppie Outlaw

Garage
I agree with link. The new pipes make the rest of the rear scream for attention.

I also wonder if the pipes can be shortened.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App
Diezel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 11:00 AM   #20 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPWendtinc View Post
I agree with link. The new pipes make the rest of the rear scream for attention.

I also wonder if the pipes can be shortened.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App

No, you choose the length when you buy them. I chose 39". I can get them in 33 and 36 inch but I didn't think they would look as good. I'm looking at some nice V&H Monster Ovals and some Freedom Performance chrome body black tip ovals.

-Rohan