New Street... Errr... Electra Glide Ultra Street thingy. - Page 3 - Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum
Harley-DavidsonForums.com is an independent enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Harley-DavidsonForums.com is not sponsored by or in any way affiliated with Harley-Davidson Inc.. The Harley Davidson names and logos are trademarks owned by Harley-Davidson Inc.

Go Back   Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum > General Forum > General Motorcycle Related

» Insurance
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2012, 11:28 AM   #21 (permalink)

I love the bike man but those fishtails are toooo long. I love the fishtail look but Link is right the back end is just screaming for attention. Too be honest. IMHO which means nothing it's your ride, the 2 into 1 you took off is the look for that bike, makes it look tough like a stocky bull, and best performance also. It is a killer bike any way you look at it. Enjoy making it your own....
“Sometimes when I reflect on all the beer I drink, I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn't drink this beer, they might be out of work. I think, "It is better to drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver."
- Babe Ruth
Tailgunner1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 11:38 AM   #22 (permalink)

Garage
I'm really thinking about selling these fishtails and putting the 2 into 1 back on. It looked good.

-Rohan
Rohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 09:01 PM   #23 (permalink)

I love the fishtails I wish mine were that long.but then again that's the story of my life!lol I think that bike looks sick! I don't care for 2n1 pipes on any bagger makes it look like somethings missing . Just my opinion tho

Sent from my ADR6350 using Motorcycle.com Free App
smokeydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 09:42 PM   #24 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohan View Post
I'm really thinking about selling these fishtails and putting the 2 into 1 back on. It looked good.

-Rohan
The other thing you need is to fill in the ends where you cut off the rear crash bars. I did it with beer caps epoxied on.
chris_lacey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 10:55 AM   #25 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_lacey View Post
The other thing you need is to fill in the ends where you cut off the rear crash bars. I did it with beer caps epoxied on.

I was going to buy the eliminators from J&P but since you said beer caps will fit that's exactly what I'm going to do. It will look sick with some Budweiser beer caps on there! That's why I love this forum. You always find something new or get a great idea from other members. You guys are the best!

-Rohan
Old 12-12-2012, 02:09 PM   #26 (permalink)
Banned

Budweiser caps. I can show you exactly what it will look like.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg after repair 1.jpg (715.9 KB, 36 views)
chris_lacey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 02:18 PM   #27 (permalink)

Garage
You know, if I could thread those ends and figure out a way to dispense beer from the saddle bags out through them, I could put taps on there

-Rohan
Old 12-13-2012, 11:07 AM   #28 (permalink)

Sweet looking ride man, and I like the cholo look also. I agree with the person who said filler strips and stretched bags. That'd make a big difference.
Maybe even drop the rear end a bit?
RoadKingFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 11:15 AM   #29 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadKingFL View Post
Sweet looking ride man, and I like the cholo look also. I agree with the person who said filler strips and stretched bags. That'd make a big difference.
Maybe even drop the rear end a bit?

Yeah I was thinking of dropping the rear end too. The only thing I'm worried about is scraping the pipes. I already do when I leave some of the local places so lowering would make it even worse. I looked at some stretched bags. The price is a little steep for me right now but I think this summer I'll grab a set and have them painted.

-Rohan
Old 12-13-2012, 11:37 AM   #30 (permalink)
Senile Member

I liked them bikes before they were cool. The first one I did this to was an 02 Electraglide Classic, but the front fender had holes filled from the chrome junk. This ones an 05 FLHTCU with an 06 front fender. I got it as a wreck so the tour pack was vaporized. That's okay, I woulda removed it anyway. I can't complain for a $6000 dollar bike with 20k miles on it before it was rebuilt, and now has 55k miles on it. This winter it's gonna get a new radio and 10 inch raised bars.

You can never have too many bullets. Unless you're drowning or on fire.
dynaglydr is offline   Reply With Quote