Tour of Richardsons Harley Davidson, Prospect Tasmania. - Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum
Harley-DavidsonForums.com is an independent enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Harley-DavidsonForums.com is not sponsored by or in any way affiliated with Harley-Davidson Inc.. The Harley Davidson names and logos are trademarks owned by Harley-Davidson Inc.

Go Back   Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum > General Forum > General Motorcycle Related

» Insurance
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2012, 05:03 PM   #1 (permalink)
Thunder Down Under

Tour of Richardsons Harley Davidson, Prospect Tasmania.

Hi Folks,
I thought you all might to see Richardsons Harley Davidson in Prospect Tasmania. Firstly I would like to say that I am not in no way afiliated with RHD@PT just a happy customer who was very impressed with the service and friendly atmosphere not to mention it's the frist Harley store i've seen set up this well, truly world class with generous after sales help.

Think how many times you get let down by shops once they get your money...well I had not spent a cent in this shop and they gave me 35 minutes on the phone trying to sort out my fob with me... this is priceless, and I thanked them yesterday and they told me they...we (know what it's like to be on the side of the road and no one whats to know you let alone help you)

fob drama as seen in this post

Yesterday we pulls up and walks in to the show room absolutely gruelling over the new Harley's on the show room floor and the way this shop is set out, show room first...

ok, its seems I can not upload as many photos as I would have liked to show you all the things this shop has to offer in service, old Harleys, drinks and great food, remember the name if you are ever in Tasmania as these blokes will look after you, like they did with me.
J

JayD's journey back to the road rebuild thread...click here to see the journey...

JayD's New Softail

JayD's Iron Butt Ride Report

JayD © 2012
I.B.A #55000 FarRider # 690

Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting “Holy shit, what a ride!”
~ Mavis Leyrer
JayD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 05:06 PM   #2 (permalink)
Harley Rider

Garage
TmikeX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 02:57 PM   #3 (permalink)
Thunder Down Under

Here's a look in the showroom... the showroom is set out in a rectangular shape with a sales desk and stairs that leed up the the Museum in this photo, looking straight across the bike into the far corner of the photo leeds to the bar n grill...

there's more than one way to skin a cat....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rsz_rhdsho1.jpg (347.4 KB, 124 views)

JayD's journey back to the road rebuild thread...click here to see the journey...

JayD's New Softail

JayD © 2012

Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting “Holy shit, what a ride!”
~ Mavis Leyrer
Old 12-05-2012, 03:19 PM   #4 (permalink)
Thunder Down Under

Back out the front of the shop, this is looking to your left as you walk into the shop. The formal entrance to the bar is down the wooden walkway to the IronHorse Bar N Grill...it can accessed via the shop aswell...

you can keep an eye on your ride as you have a beer and feed from the bar and this shop is just off the freeway... literally you near on turn into their driveway...how convient ?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rsz_1ironhorsegrill.jpg (192.2 KB, 122 views)

JayD's New Softail

JayD © 2012

~ Mavis Leyrer
Old 12-05-2012, 03:27 PM   #5 (permalink)
Thunder Down Under

upstairs in the Harley Museum looking at the rear wall...you can partially see down into the showroom...

Attached Images
File Type: jpg rsz_museumrhd.jpg (304.1 KB, 116 views)

JayD's New Softail

JayD © 2012

~ Mavis Leyrer
Old 12-05-2012, 03:32 PM   #6 (permalink)
Thunder Down Under

Some of the old Harley's on display...

Attached Images
File Type: jpg rsz_museumhd.jpg (267.1 KB, 117 views)

JayD's New Softail

JayD © 2012

~ Mavis Leyrer
Old 12-05-2012, 03:39 PM   #7 (permalink)
Thunder Down Under

more Harley's...

How would you like facing down the enemy while riding this scooter ??
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rsz_museumhd2.jpg (280.4 KB, 116 views)

JayD's New Softail

JayD © 2012

~ Mavis Leyrer
Old 12-05-2012, 03:47 PM   #8 (permalink)
Thunder Down Under

looking across the staircase you can see the showroom below and in this photo you can see how the showroom and museum is set out...

the wall with the flags on it is behind me in this photo...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rsz_museum3.jpg (203.6 KB, 112 views)

JayD's New Softail

JayD © 2012

~ Mavis Leyrer
Old 12-05-2012, 03:58 PM   #9 (permalink)
Thunder Down Under

and ofcorse the bar, you can have a feed with your drinks and listen to a band, the band plays at certain times during the week and you will need to ring em up to find out when they are playing.

This concludes this tour of Richardsons Harley Davidson of Tasmania and I hope you enjoyed looking at what this shop has to offer and what my island has to offer travelling bikers from around the world.
J
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rsz_thebar.jpg (298.5 KB, 113 views)

JayD's New Softail

JayD © 2012

~ Mavis Leyrer
Old 12-05-2012, 04:47 PM   #10 (permalink)
Imperial Wizard...

Nice...