Rev tech outer primary? - Page 2 - Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum
Harley-DavidsonForums.com is an independent enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Harley-DavidsonForums.com is not sponsored by or in any way affiliated with Harley-Davidson Inc.. The Harley Davidson names and logos are trademarks owned by Harley-Davidson Inc.

Go Back   Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum > General Forum > General Motorcycle Related

» Insurance
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2012, 12:39 PM   #11 (permalink)

I ordered a '99-'06 with a new 5 hole derby. The outside bolt pattern is identical and comes with jack shaft bushing. Will be in Friday and ill let you know how it goes.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
S3ven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 12:46 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by misinlink View Post
Maybe try j&p cycles. They sell em and parts too. Just a thought.
Got ahold of CCI today. They could only tell me the overseas casting companies part number and not an equivalent.

J&P was much more helpful, but could not identify what was a fit only what "might".

Talked to west end motorsports. The guy had about as much info as J&P but was certain that the 5 hole would fit and accept jack shaft into bushing. Just that I would need a new derby obviously, and that if it for some reason didn't would be happy to accept return minus the charges for expidited shipping.

Old 12-11-2012, 03:28 PM   #13 (permalink)

Garage
Looks like it's time to put an open primary on

-Rohan
Rohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 03:34 PM   #14 (permalink)

Little meat grinder would be badass on a chopper project. But I'm thinking more cholo low rider on this one.

Old 12-11-2012, 04:56 PM   #15 (permalink)
Retired citizen

The biggy right now is the early starter pinion drive. It won't fit into the the later outer primary cover bushing. I think that's what has been the problem from the onset of this post. The PO needs a primary cover that works with his early starter drive. Ain't that what I've been saying ???
Old 12-11-2012, 05:09 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCHMIDTYS View Post
The biggy right now is the early starter pinion drive. It won't fit into the the later outer primary cover bushing. I think that's what has been the problem from the onset of this post. The PO needs a primary cover that works with his early starter drive. Ain't that what I've been saying ???
I hear ya. But (and there's always a but) the covers are identical (bushing ID included) on both of the early covers w/ 3 hole and the late model with 5. The difference with one of the two on the early which is same as the late is that two of the holes for the inspection cover aren't threaded and nobody: you,J&P, CCI, or west end has been able to tell me which one is which. The only solid thing about the late model with 5 hole is that west end was somewhat certain it would work and if not gladly have it returned.

Old 12-11-2012, 05:19 PM   #17 (permalink)

Any potentional responders to this thread should know that what I need is, if you have replaced the outer primary cover on a rev tech 110" gen 3 motor, What part number, or vendor did you use that worked. Plain and simple.

Old 12-11-2012, 05:26 PM   #18 (permalink)
I'll help you hide the body

Honestly, what you need is to not be such an ingrate. Best I can tell one of the more seasoned guys has tried to steer you in the right direction. I still have not seen you answer the question he asked about the hex nut sizing. There are plenty of people willing to help, but plain and simple, you want Revtech advice on a Harley forum. Now you know why people get down on Revtech, no support. And you want to crack wise at people that are distance troubleshooting with pics and your description.

Best of luck, I will be surprised if you get much more help.

borrowed from gtrman66
Rules:
#1. Post #1: "New to Community"
#2. Buy a HD Service Manual, best $70 you'll spend
#3. Try the search function, we might have already answered your question
#4. Don't post classifieds until you meet the rules
#5. Don't bad mouth dealers until we know you, there are always 2 sides
misinlink is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 05:27 PM   #19 (permalink)
Retired citizen

That's easy ! Only two holes in the inspection cover are threaded, the two short screws. The long screws thread into the inner standoffs in the inner primary I was referring to earlier.
Old 12-11-2012, 05:29 PM   #20 (permalink)
Retired citizen

SHIT ... I give up !