Who already has the winter blues? - Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum
Harley-DavidsonForums.com is an independent enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Harley-DavidsonForums.com is not sponsored by or in any way affiliated with Harley-Davidson Inc.. The Harley Davidson names and logos are trademarks owned by Harley-Davidson Inc.

Go Back   Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum > General Forum > General Motorcycle Related

» Insurance
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-2012, 05:25 AM   #1 (permalink)
Jar Head

Who already has the winter blues?

First snow fall and I have already lost my mind. I keep dreaming of the Dragon.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App
Old 12-27-2012, 05:40 AM   #2 (permalink)

So done with winter and cold. If it wasn't for the OL and the grandkids, I'd be living somewhere much warmer....
Old 12-27-2012, 06:01 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougtech View Post
So done with winter and cold. If it wasn't for the OL and the grandkids, I'd be living somewhere much warmer....
^^^^^^^^ Yup I would be out of here in a heart beat!!!!!!
“Sometimes when I reflect on all the beer I drink, I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn't drink this beer, they might be out of work. I think, "It is better to drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver."
- Babe Ruth
Tailgunner1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 06:13 AM   #4 (permalink)

I'm done with winter as woon as hunting season is over.
Hunt/fish 365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 07:35 AM   #5 (permalink)

Yeah, I am dreamin' of headin' back over into SE Tennessee, too. I love riding there, and there are great people everywhere around them parts.
Old 12-27-2012, 07:39 AM   #6 (permalink)
THE Yuppie Outlaw

Garage
We haven't even had snow yet and I am going crazy.

Last winter was mild enough that I rode as long as there was no snow. This year has already been too cold and it only December.

It's funny because I have never lived outside of the Chicago area. I have always had a winter and always embraced it. I grew up playing pond hockey, skiing and even winter camping.

In the last five years my major interests have become motorcycles, bicycles and photography. All things that suck in the winter.

Diezel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 08:31 AM   #7 (permalink)
Armed&Conscientious

Garage
I have spent the last two and a half hours shoveling and plowing 8" of snow, when I first moved back here from Texas I loved being in the winter elements, I'm pretty much over that now. When I retire I hope to move back down to the Texas hill country somewhere.
Downeasta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 08:44 AM   #8 (permalink)

I as well hate winter. If I didn't have family here to take care of I would leave

Shawnthornton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 08:54 AM   #9 (permalink)
Millwright

rare occurance but we have snow on the valley floor in Boise right now and 3 days since roads were slick or worse roads kept bikes off the road. But my reason for missing riding since 12/13/2012 because of torn bicep and damaged rotator cuff surgery happened. These injuries happened at Sturgis when I fell backwards after tripping over the tongue while unloading a cooler full of ALL our food and I was not gonna let it spill cause alot of stuff was [gonna get] mixxed with dry cow poop and i landed with the chest above me and then alot of it on me as I landed very hard on my left shoulder. I saved some but at what cost??? So now it is supposed to be 3 months before I ride, if I am able to follow doctors orders...Hmmm

103" w/Race Kit,Stage IV 117HP 111TQ
SE 259E Cams
SE Heavy Breather AC (Scott's modified)
SE Race Tuner
V&H Power Duals & Hi Outputs
SE CNC Heads 10.62/1 w/SE 58mm TB
John Scott port matching
Renegade Racine wheels. 21x3.5/ 17x6.25
http://www.harley-davidsonforums.com...845-petew.html
petew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 09:29 AM   #10 (permalink)
Imperial Wizard...

To you guys dreaming of living in a warmer area...it aint no fun riding in 100+degree heat for months on end...that gets old too...when your enjoying the ride at 80 its 105 in Texas with 90% humity ,we are sweating or balls off....