Winter Suction - Page 4 - Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum
Harley-DavidsonForums.com is an independent enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Harley-DavidsonForums.com is not sponsored by or in any way affiliated with Harley-Davidson Inc.. The Harley Davidson names and logos are trademarks owned by Harley-Davidson Inc.

Go Back   Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum > General Forum > General Motorcycle Related

» Insurance
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2013, 01:52 PM   #31 (permalink)
Retired citizen

I test rode a Sporty Saturday, it was 50* here and the roads were clear and dry !
Since then we are in a friggin freeze out, down into the single digits over night and we had a sleet out. Sidewalks and vehicles covered in a layer of solid ice.
Old 01-14-2013, 02:09 PM   #32 (permalink)

Garage
14 on the dial this morning when I started for work.

I hopped in the ExploDer without shame. I didn't even try to start the little diesel car I have been commuting in. I figure she wouldn't have been interested this morning. I need to get one of those little block heaters for her.
Old 01-14-2013, 02:15 PM   #33 (permalink)
Seņor Member

"Wouldn't have been interested" is the coolest way you could have said that.

Chief Illiniwek is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-14-2013, 02:17 PM   #34 (permalink)

12/26/12 - 12/31/12

Took trip to Orlando,Fl. , round trip 1250 miles with no interstates, couple of mornings we rode in 40 to 45 degree weather, Orlando was sweet at 70+ degrees for the 2 days we were there.

HD (27).jpg

This past Saturday got in a nice afternoon ride to our local (45 miles one way) Harley shop, then eat at one of our favorite Mexican restaurants. Temps in Bama were above 70, so it was nice to ride with just the t-shirt for a while .
Old 01-14-2013, 02:28 PM   #35 (permalink)
Seņor Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolRider+1 View Post
12/26/12 - 12/31/12

Took trip to Orlando,Fl. , round trip 1250 miles with no interstates, couple of mornings we rode in 40 to 45 degree weather, Orlando was sweet at 70+ degrees for the 2 days we were there.

Attachment 36300

This past Saturday got in a nice afternoon ride to our local (45 miles one way) Harley shop, then eat at one of our favorite Mexican restaurants. Temps in Bama were above 70, so it was nice to ride with just the t-shirt for a while .
Awesome, Rider! Did you do a thread for that Orlando run? I'd love to read that.

That's a ton of miles to avoid the interstate. I love it. Good for you.

Chief Illiniwek is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-14-2013, 03:26 PM   #36 (permalink)
Ride Hard

Road to work today 28 degrees. Need a nut warmer for my axel.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Motorcycle.com Free App
Old 01-14-2013, 04:54 PM   #37 (permalink)

Garage
This has been on chest for a few days, so I am going to confess it in hopes that I will clear my conscience and find shelter among my colleagues. Here goes:

I has been a great while since I have ridden. In fact, so long that I am not exactly certain the last time I rode. I was probably around the first of December. But, I do recall that the last time I rode, it was wet. My bike got trashed. And so, I was out there in the driveway in 40-something weather with my wife laughing at me while I washed it when I got home. Finally I was satisfied that she was clean and purty so I tucked her in the garage (the bike, not the wife)

Well, she's sat there since. Anyway, this past Friday, it was unseasonably warm. The morning was high forties and it was going to be in the sixties by commute home time. But, it had rained all day before and into the morning. So, when I got up Friday, the roads were soaked. so . . . here goes . . . I DID NOT RIDE!! It was a one-day window and then snow/sleet and later the bitter cold we are having now. Yes, I skipped out on a day so I wouldn't have the bike stored looking like a$$.

I am ashamed.
Old 01-14-2013, 05:23 PM   #38 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Illiniwek View Post
Awesome, Rider! Did you do a thread for that Orlando run? I'd love to read that.

That's a ton of miles to avoid the interstate. I love it. Good for you.
We took very few pics on the ride, things of note from the trip.

1. Never believe a weather forecast.
2. Riding in snow flurries is kinda fun.
3. People in South Georgia like their Christmas lights.
4. Avoid The Villages retirement community south of Ocala.
5. Orlando HD is not very easy to find.
6. Lots of very straight, very flat highways in Florida.
7. Will ride HWY 98 between Perry Fl. and Panama City Beach Fl. again when it's warmer. Nice ride.

Map of route. Bing Maps - Driving Directions, Traffic and Road Conditions
Old 01-14-2013, 05:51 PM   #39 (permalink)
Harley Rider

Garage
I did start mine up yesterday and let it run for a few minutes. Looks like Friday and Saturday will be good enough to ride here.
TmikeX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-14-2013, 06:02 PM   #40 (permalink)

Rode for about 2hrs on Saturday, roads got washed with the rain and it was 50 when I woke up in the morning. It felt great to ride with my bro's, got some grub, shot the shit and came home.

All in all worth it.

JTR
03geetee is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.