HOG membership? - Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum
Harley-DavidsonForums.com is an independent enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Harley-DavidsonForums.com is not sponsored by or in any way affiliated with Harley-Davidson Inc.. The Harley Davidson names and logos are trademarks owned by Harley-Davidson Inc.

Go Back   Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum > General Forum > General Motorcycle Related

» Insurance
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2013, 02:07 PM   #1 (permalink)
GO AVS

HOG membership?

My dealer pushed this hard, they have a local chapter. Is it worth it? Are the meet ups and rides fun? My big concern is the age. I just moved to Austin and I know nobody. I have no issue on becoming a member assuming I meet people in my age range, I am 31. Any thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
Old 01-15-2013, 02:11 PM   #2 (permalink)
Harley Rider

Garage
We have a wide range of ages in our group here in Bryan. We have a good solid group and everyone seems to get along great. I recommend checking your local group out. You will find folks with the same likes as you.
TmikeX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 02:14 PM   #3 (permalink)

Mabe just go for a ride with them some weekend first ...Take it from there.
mat 60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 02:18 PM   #4 (permalink)
Mississippi Cajun

I got involved in our local group because a few friends of mine were already in it. Good bunch of people, lots of activities (includig we are sponsoring/hosting this year's upcoming state rally), lots of rides all over the place, and we have our regular coffee group (ROBB's- Retired Old Biker Bastards) that meet at the local shop and steal their coffee every morning.
Old 01-15-2013, 02:21 PM   #5 (permalink)
MPG'S? Who gives a

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mat 60 View Post
Mabe just go for a ride with them some weekend first ...Take it from there.
Sound advise.

Hog gatherings/meetings and rides are NOT for everyone. It really depends on the chapter and the "cliques" that are already formed within the group.

On the other hand, There are some very hot single wimmins at some of these things....And they own a HARLEY !...
Old 01-15-2013, 04:18 PM   #6 (permalink)

Garage
I've been on a couple rides and functions with our local chapter, I've had a good time each outing. Good way to meet people in your local area that like to ride Harleys.

I have signed on for 2013, quite a few events already on the books. The dealership also gives a discount to members too, which makes up for any cost to join.
chopperpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 04:25 PM   #7 (permalink)

Give it a try. Whats the worst that can happen? Your out $20. I'm a member of the local chapter and I have a good time. The best part for me is no stings no drama no bs.
NC King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 04:28 PM   #8 (permalink)
2014 FLHXS

Garage
The membership gives you one free two a year and a OK magazine. I've paid more for less.
Wrgiacona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 04:38 PM   #9 (permalink)

I hate to hack the thread but I have a question. A woman at work recently lost her father and went this weekend to clean out his house. She came across his leathers. He was a member of the Atlanta GA HOG chapter. He wore a three piece patch and had the smaller MC patch to the lower right of the patch. She wants to wear his jacket when she rides but is concerned about the MC. Is that a common patch for HOG or was her old man involved with a 1%?
Mad Dog 64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 04:53 PM   #10 (permalink)
2014 FLHXS

Garage
I think HOGs are given a walk on the whole 3 piece patch thing. At least they are around here.
Wrgiacona is offline   Reply With Quote