Who Carries When Riding/What Do You Carry? - Page 40 - Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum
Harley-DavidsonForums.com is an independent enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Harley-DavidsonForums.com is not sponsored by or in any way affiliated with Harley-Davidson Inc.. The Harley Davidson names and logos are trademarks owned by Harley-Davidson Inc.

Go Back   Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum > General Forum > Off Topic > The Gun Locker

» Insurance
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2012, 07:58 PM   #391 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by grouser View Post
how about in todays enviroment we NOT SAY on the internet who carries and who dos'nt,,,, keep it to yourself,,,,, just sayin,,,,
Really? It's not like Big Brother doesn't already know who is legally carrying.
RAD_Softail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 08:25 PM   #392 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAD_Softail View Post
Really? It's not like Big Brother doesn't already know who is legally carrying.
Been pulled into scale houses and after i.d. check asked if I was carrying or not. They know and I'm proud to say I do.

sent from a galaxy far far away.

2014 Street Glide Special
American Legion
ALR
PGR
mtncrash1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 09:37 PM   #393 (permalink)

Garage
The only real reason for someone not to know you are carrying is it would make YOU the first target.

Other than that very few people on this forum would know each other if they walked by or in the same shop.

Frankly I believe people in general would be much more polite if it was a known fact EVERYONE was packing heat.
secoleman57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 10:02 PM   #394 (permalink)

Garage
Secoleman you are right. I don't advertise when I carry. Even my wife isn't sure if I am or not. But as far as big bother goes.... they know I have a permit. In my state it's a law that I inform leo if I am carrying. I take it a step further. And inform all leo no matter themir laws. Tends to set them at ease. At least the ones I've dealt with.

sent from a galaxy far far away.

2014 Street Glide Special
American Legion
ALR
PGR
mtncrash1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 10:51 PM   #395 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by secoleman57 View Post
The only real reason for someone not to know you are carrying is it would make YOU the first target.

Other than that very few people on this forum would know each other if they walked by or in the same shop.

Frankly I believe people in general would be much more polite if it was a known fact EVERYONE was packing heat.
Robert A. Heinlein said "an armed society is a polite society."

Phoenix, AZ
2011 Electra Glide Ultra Limited
[psychedelic purple/vivid black]
phx11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 11:10 PM   #396 (permalink)

Garage
Well I think all concealed carry are similar in that aspect. To get on in Missouri everyone, myself included had to:

1. Prove I had the minimum required by the State in instruction.
2. Apply for permission from the Sheriff of my county (automatic unless the Sheriff has cause and is willing to fight it)
3. Have myself fingerprinted for both the F.B.I. and My state police.
4. The set for the F.B.I. went to them for a background check for final approval.

Add to that it's not cheap to do (not real expensive but a factor to some)

If I change my residence I have to inform the Sheriff of what ever county I'm then a resident of. Then I have to inform the State and get my I.D. updated.

So yes "Big Brother" knows about me. They knew about me anyway, I do pay taxes, I do vote, I am licensed to drive a motor vehicle, I buy insurance, I have bought firearms recently for which there is an approval process (immediate but they still check on you), and I was in the Military so they already had my fingerprints.

Here if you have a CCW you HAVE to tell them whether or not you are armed if law enforcement asks, and since it's legal here for ANYONE legally able to own a firearm to have a concealed weapon in an automobile if pulled over, that will be one of the first questions asked.

I've never been pulled over since I got a CCW but my permit is on my DL plus they'd know from running my plates (If I was in something I owned of course)

And unless I have to disarm myself due to some of the places I go into due to work, I'm always armed (even sitting here typing this) so if asked the answer would almost always be yes.

I agree with a cop that pulled over a friend of mine, she told him first thing she had a CCW endorsement, when he asked if she was armed she told him "no".

His response was "it doesn't do you much good then".

At least in Missouri it's illegal for any State or County (those are the ones with the records) agency to identify anyone with a CCW.

I don't know about anywhere else.

So I don't really know what anyone's concerns about "Big Brother" are, if they wanted to seize my firearms they already have a record somewhere that I have something and where I live.

As far as the Police and Highway Patrol go, I've never yet met one that was against it (I'm sure they are out there). From my viewpoint if I was a cop, I'd rather deal with someone I knew was legally armed than some guy who might have one hidden somewhere.
secoleman57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 12:12 AM   #397 (permalink)
Banned

really,,, it's not big brother I'm worried about either,,,, open your eyes people,,,,,think hard, what does "WWW" stand for? ,,, Teddy said it best,,,"Speak softly , and carry a big stick", some things should just be kept to yourself, as best you can
grouser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 02:01 AM   #398 (permalink)

Garage
I will either carry my Springfield Armoery EMP in 9mm IWB Style or my Sig M-11 shoulder holster or paddle holster with 1x extra mag
deerassassin22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 06:43 AM   #399 (permalink)

Quote:
really,,, it's not big brother I'm worried about either,,,, open your eyes people,,,,,think hard, what does "WWW" stand for? ,,, Teddy said it best,,,"Speak softly , and carry a big stick", some things should just be kept to yourself, as best you can
Dude, it's not that serious. The ATF (or anyone else) is not huddled around a computer worried about a CC discussion on a forum under various screen names.

Divulge or don't divulge...it's a personal choice.

V-Dub

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App
2011 Ram 1500 Laramie
My Riding Tactics Are Drastic; Stretchin Mutha Fockas Like Mr. Fantastic!
VDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 08:47 AM   #400 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Oh please . If someone on the "WWW" finds out I have weapons, and then hacks a server and finds my address, the last place said hacker will want to rob is my place cuz I'll send him back to the "WWW" in a box.
RAD_Softail is offline   Reply With Quote