Shootout: 2010 Honda Shadow RS vs. 2010 Harley-Davidson 883 Low - Page 11 - Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum
Harley-DavidsonForums.com is an independent enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Harley-DavidsonForums.com is not sponsored by or in any way affiliated with Harley-Davidson Inc.. The Harley Davidson names and logos are trademarks owned by Harley-Davidson Inc.

Go Back   Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum > General Forum > Harley Davidson News

» Insurance
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2012, 02:53 PM   #101 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossco View Post
A Honda will never be a Harley, no matter how hard they try. Hondas are solid reliable bikes, but they have no character, and never will.
Aw! Come on. My 1976 CB550 has tons of character. It's a tight little bitch with attitude and I can usually beat the pants off most guys in new, bigger bikes when we're out carving up the canyons.

Agreed, though. You can't compare a modern Honda to a sweet, sweet Harley.
AKrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 02:19 AM   #102 (permalink)

When I was 23, I owned a bored out Honda VF1000R . Nearly ran out of road and splashed myself across the landscape a few times. No doubt japs make impressive bikes. Will never go away from Harley though...it's where I am and where I stay...

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
kiwihogfiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 08:52 AM   #103 (permalink)

back in the mid 80`s honda came out with the ns-750 which honda did some real work on getting the most out of that motor and used that motor in thier flattrackers . it put out so much more power than the xr-750`s that the ama had to re write the rule books to keep things even between the two. Bubba shobert,ricky graham, and doug chandler all rode them. Bubba won numerous grand national dirt track championships while riding that bike !i used to be a corner worker at the oldest ongoing dirttrack race in the country (called the Barbara Fritchie classic) where in met many dirttrack stars .i asked doug chandler how much money was invested into just his bike alone and he told me that just the ns-750 motor was about $12,000 alone ,now this was back in 1984 which is still alot by todays standards. i met Rodney (hotrod ) farris ,will davis ,geo roehder, and steve moorehead,and doug chandler there .steve and rodney would always come up to me to ask me what lines were rider taking in my turn which i worked the second turn. rodney was be far the craziest rider there ,coming into the second turn he was taking a line that to this day i havent seen anyone ever take which was way up on the berm right next to the fence and haybales .Rodney was freaking nuts to say the least! you can see the track on youtube
Old 02-05-2014, 09:55 AM   #104 (permalink)

got my buddy back into riding last year- he rode crotch rockets 20 years ago and wanted a cheap ride- found a clean 750 shadow( would never buy a hd) rode the snot out of it last summer- by the end of the summer hd fever had set in- he now wants a dyna
rosconey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 09:00 AM   #105 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosconey View Post
got my buddy back into riding last year- he rode crotch rockets 20 years ago and wanted a cheap ride- found a clean 750 shadow( would never buy a hd) rode the snot out of it last summer- by the end of the summer hd fever had set in- he now wants a dyna
I know the feeling,had a honda cbr-600 and i just couldnt do the speed limit on it. after getting way to many speed limit tickets on it i had to sell it and get a harley to slow my ass down. although i`ve had it pegged at 120 mph a couple of times!lol
Old 02-10-2014, 09:21 PM   #106 (permalink)
Vote Cthulhu in 2016

I will definitely own a Kawasaki KZ-1000 at some point and get some Road Warrior Goose action going on:

That shot of the speedo and tach was done old school back in the day - the camera man with his camera rode behind the stunt rider to film that perspective.

-- Egyptian Book of the Dead

"I found the name of the band in a dictionary one day at Phil's house. I'm wasn't sure what it meant at the time, but as soon as I saw those two words juxtaposed I said to myself "Yeah, that's it!"

-- Jerry Garcia
City Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 03:50 PM   #107 (permalink)

my buddy had a z100's back in the 80's- - great bikes - easy to work on
rosconey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 06:11 PM   #108 (permalink)

I still own a 1978 KZ1000! Still has the kick start and all. Don't know top speed but does 0 to 60 in first gear close to red line. Fastest I've gone is 145 coming out of fourth gear, with one gear to go. No control caused me to cancel out before fifth. If I'm ever able to disassemble it I want to build a drag sled with it and see what it's capable of.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Gizmo66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 05:15 PM   #109 (permalink)
Vapor Locked

Funny, I grew up in Mt. Baldy, Ca. I moved there when I was 6 years old and left when I was 22. I did a lot of partying at the lodge. I haven't been there in 34 years. It's a small world.

Grampa Kracker
Grampa Kracker is offline   Reply With Quote