Another reason to get out of Cali - Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum
Harley-DavidsonForums.com is an independent enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Harley-DavidsonForums.com is not sponsored by or in any way affiliated with Harley-Davidson Inc.. The Harley Davidson names and logos are trademarks owned by Harley-Davidson Inc.

Go Back   Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum > General Forum > Off Topic > Joe Mama

» Insurance
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2013, 11:47 PM   #1 (permalink)

Garage
Another reason to get out of Cali

List of Proposed California Gun Control Measures -- 500 Round Max, No Grandfathering, No Detachable Mags, Mandatory License | The Truth About Guns

At this point I am not suprised. Fight, flight or submit? To everyone in Cali it looks like those are your choices.
Old 02-08-2013, 11:56 PM   #2 (permalink)

Yea these guys are a bunch of morons.

2014 Electra Glide Ultra Classic Mysterious Red Sunglo/Blackened Cayenne Sunglo, V&H Monster Ovals, Screaming eagle Stage One AC & Power vision tunner.

Harley Hound57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 05:14 AM   #3 (permalink)

Another reason to get out of Cali

Forget limits on detachable mags.....they just completely ban detachable mags, period! And no magazines at all over 10 rounds? That makes guns like Henry, Marlin Golden 39, and Winchester lever rimfires all banned "assault weapons". Their design has been around since the mid 1800s.

And "assault bullets"? I thought they were out of new terms, that's a real humdinger.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Natty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 05:49 AM   #4 (permalink)
Banned

Took me 25 years to the heck out of there and back to Texas. Weird folks there that can't see what they are doing to themselves.
hogcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 10:35 AM   #5 (permalink)
STAND AND FIGHT!

Ya'now how crucial it is that they have universal background checks

to prevent people who are supposed to be prohibited from having guns. Oh Really?

Quote:
California faces backlog of 40,000 weapons in hands of felons, mentally ill

Amid a national debate about preventing the mentally ill from owning firearms, one state has a potentially potent weapon -- in California, officials are allowed to confiscate guns from convicted felons and those with a history of mental illness.

Just one problem. Staff shortages and funding cuts in recent years have left a backlog of nearly 20,000 people to disarm, says Stephen Lindley, chief of the Bureau of Firearms for the state Department of Justice.

According to the state DOJ, that's nearly 40,000 handguns and assault weapons currently in circulation that shouldn't be.

As Capitol Hill begins to debate a raft of anti-gun violence measures -- ranging from gun control bills to proposals to improve screening and the mental health system -- California officials are trying to take matters into their own hands.

After Lindley testified at a hearing last week that his office lacks enough staff to confiscate weapons from felons and the mentally ill -- which are recorded in the state's Armed Prohibited Persons database -- lawmakers are fast-tracking a bill that would free up funds for that job.

Democratic Sen. Mark Leno is sponsoring a bill that would allow the state to dip into funds collected when gun buyers pay for background checks - about $19 a person. Using that money to hire more agents, he said, would allow the state to start to chip away at the nearly 40,000 weapons on the street and in homes that, according to the law, shouldn't be.

"We have only been able to confiscate a small number of these illegally possessed weapons due to lack of resources," Leno told FoxNews.com.

Read more: California faces backlog of 40,000 weapons in hands of felons, mentally ill | Fox News
Funny how Ca has money for all kinds of feel good goofy shit,

and how important NEW restrictions are.

Some days you feel like TORQUE!
Some days you feel like HORSEPOWER!

Once you establish yourself as an eccentric,
you rarely have to explain your actions.

Something a guy at a HD parts counter told me 30 years ago,
"You know what I'd do with that bike if it was mine? RIDE IT! Nothin' else ."
Nathang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 02:47 PM   #6 (permalink)
Banned

Possession of hollow point bullets and similar assault bullets a felony.

Must register and report ammo purchases. Only purchase max 500 rounds.

10 round magazine limit

ALL magazines must be fixed to the gun (can not be removed without the use of a tool)

100% prohibition of all magazines greater than 10 rounds. All previous grandfathered magazines become illegal. Felony if you keep one.

Changing definition of shotgun revolving cylinder — Basically only single shot shotguns will remain legal.

Bullet Buttons will become illegal — All AR and AK style rifles that are currently equipped with them will be designated Assault
Weapons. Felony to possess.

All gun owners now must be licensed like drivers.

All gun owners must carry gun liability insurance

=============================================

I buy ammo in 1000 rd. cases. Case of shotgun ammo for trap shooting is 250 rds. Easy to go through several cases over a week-end during a trap shoot meet.

What about reloading components? I have thousands upon thousands of cases, equal number of primers (They're sold in lots of 1000.) Bullets sold in lots of 100, standard procedure to stock thousands of bullets in various calibers.

Hollowpoint ammo is banned by the Geneva Convention, so it's not "assault ammo." SCOTUS has ruled (McDonald / Heller) that semi-auto handguns are the most used defense guns, and protected by the Second Amendment. Defense ammo is hollowpoint. That's the market norm.

Magazine fixed to gun, see above SCOTUS ruling. Good luck loading a Glock or a 1911 from the ejection port.

You think you want my high capacity magazines? Come get them. Better bring a bullet-proof vest . . .

Trap shooting shotguns have two barrels, must be evil.

No clue what a "bullet button" is. I expect these legislators don't have a clue either. If it's banned, we'll just change the name.

License/registration constitutes "infringement" -- puts the tyrannical govt. in charge of the guns. SCOTUS says that won't fly.

I have liability insurance, a million dollar liability umbrella. It covers guns too. But this is more infringement.

"A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed."

It's time the people regulated the tyrannical militia that is the California Legislature. "Government derives its just powers from the consent of the governed."

I wonder what the rule is constitutionally about expunging a state from the rest of the union?
Xero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 03:31 PM   #7 (permalink)
Mississippi Cajun

Let the lawsuits begin (before the Supreme Court changes to uberlibertard).
Old 02-10-2013, 02:14 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xero View Post
Possession of hollow point bullets and similar assault bullets a felony.

Must register and report ammo purchases. Only purchase max 500 rounds.

10 round magazine limit

ALL magazines must be fixed to the gun (can not be removed without the use of a tool)

100% prohibition of all magazines greater than 10 rounds. All previous grandfathered magazines become illegal. Felony if you keep one.

Changing definition of shotgun revolving cylinder Basically only single shot shotguns will remain legal.

Bullet Buttons will become illegal All AR and AK style rifles that are currently equipped with them will be designated Assault
Weapons. Felony to possess.

All gun owners now must be licensed like drivers.

All gun owners must carry gun liability insurance

=============================================

I buy ammo in 1000 rd. cases. Case of shotgun ammo for trap shooting is 250 rds. Easy to go through several cases over a week-end during a trap shoot meet.

What about reloading components? I have thousands upon thousands of cases, equal number of primers (They're sold in lots of 1000.) Bullets sold in lots of 100, standard procedure to stock thousands of bullets in various calibers.

Hollowpoint ammo is banned by the Geneva Convention, so it's not "assault ammo." SCOTUS has ruled (McDonald / Heller) that semi-auto handguns are the most used defense guns, and protected by the Second Amendment. Defense ammo is hollowpoint. That's the market norm.

Magazine fixed to gun, see above SCOTUS ruling. Good luck loading a Glock or a 1911 from the ejection port.

You think you want my high capacity magazines? Come get them. Better bring a bullet-proof vest . . .

Trap shooting shotguns have two barrels, must be evil.

No clue what a "bullet button" is. I expect these legislators don't have a clue either. If it's banned, we'll just change the name.

License/registration constitutes "infringement" -- puts the tyrannical govt. in charge of the guns. SCOTUS says that won't fly.

I have liability insurance, a million dollar liability umbrella. It covers guns too. But this is more infringement.

"A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed."

It's time the people regulated the tyrannical militia that is the California Legislature. "Government derives its just powers from the consent of the governed."

I wonder what the rule is constitutionally about expunging a state from the rest of the union?
A "bullet button" is a device that prevents the release of a detachable magazine using the finger release. With a bullet button installed, you use the tip of a bullet, allen wrench or similar pointed object to release the magazine.

Preventing the finger from manipulating the magazine release creates an "allowable" condition under California law. Such ideas could only come out of the state of Kommiefornia. If they put as much effort into solving their budget and illegal immigration problems as they are in all their gun legislation, they might actually get somewhere.
murf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 10:32 AM   #9 (permalink)
Banned

This is just a pissing contest between CA and NY to see who has the biggest dick heads in public office...I can only hope they all get assasinated...preferably in a mass shooting situation by assault weapons with high capacity magazines operated by mentally challenged adults on mood/behavioral drugs who grew up playing violent video games as children .

This I truly hope for...
old timer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 10:55 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathang View Post
Ya'now how crucial it is that they have universal background checks

to prevent people who are supposed to be prohibited from having guns. Oh Really?

Funny how Ca has money for all kinds of feel good goofy shit,

and how important NEW restrictions are.

I saw a short news bite recently showing the CA cops going to pick up weapons from those with felony convictions. But I didn't see or hear anything about the felons in possession of firearms being arrested, nor was anything said about trying to track down how/where they got the weapons. I suppose if no money is available CA just lets the arrest and investigation as to where the weapon came from slide? Apparently the only thing a felon has to lose is the weapon. Do you think any of them woudl dare get another one somewhere?
Louisville Joe is offline   Reply With Quote