Louisiana Registry - Page 9 - Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum
Harley-DavidsonForums.com is an independent enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Harley-DavidsonForums.com is not sponsored by or in any way affiliated with Harley-Davidson Inc.. The Harley Davidson names and logos are trademarks owned by Harley-Davidson Inc.

Go Back   Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum > General Forum > Member Location Registries

» Insurance
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-03-2012, 09:22 PM   #81 (permalink)

hey guys, I am from the lafayette area. I was previously associated with a law abiding club. myself, and a few of my brothers chose to leave that club. we are looking to start our own club in southwest Louisiana. if you are interested or would like to be a part of this. send me a pm.
yes, i already know, that i better check with __________(fill it in with what you'd like). we have, and we are doing it right. we are following protocol
Mrmrezg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 05:29 PM   #82 (permalink)

went to bike barn few weeks ago beer was good and cold and nice folks there
buckanear007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 07:03 PM   #83 (permalink)

greetings from brisbane australia

maybe a little off topic, but i would sure appreciate some help or guidance from some louisiana locals. I joined this site in march this year and have found lots of information that has helped me towards rebuilding my current harley.
Anyway... my wife and i are planning to come to New orleans in July next year, buy a harley trike and travel up via chicago and milwaukee
to sturgis. then head through yellowstone, and the canyons to Los vegas, sanfran and to los angeles,, where we will ship the trike home back to brisbane Australia.
there is however a slight drama with the purchase of a new bike in the USA for Australians. Legally its perfectly fine, in fact the trike is a bike on the recommended for importation list produced by our government.
harley davidson Australia have a different view of this because they want to protect the huge markups we have to pay.
If you were to buy a new trike i believe you would have to pay $30,499 if you were to come to Australia and buy one you would pay over $54,000 the freight charges on a single trike is about $1800 so you can see we are getting milked in excess of $23,000 extra for a new bike.
from a legal standpoint i believe what HD Australia is doing is Illegal. Our two countries have been close for years and we have a free trade agreement between the two. it is only an HD rule that I cant buy a new HD trike. i can buy a secondhand trike from a dealer no worries, but they cant sell me a new one or may risk their dealership. however they know this is crazy and so easily bypassed. if a USA resident buys a new trike and then sells it to me 5 minutes later, no harm is done. other than an extra change of ownership.
so..can anyone tell me what a change of ownership costs? how much on road costs are? i.e. registration taxes etc. And is there anyone interested in buying and then selling me a trike. all expenses payed by me and an easy $500 for your help??
any questions feel free to ask..
cheers
jeff
oneup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 12:12 AM   #84 (permalink)

did ervery one get out of issaic ok i just getting life back together no real damage just power out for week and then working 7 12 to get exxon back up
buckanear007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 12:17 PM   #85 (permalink)
TAS
Slave to the grind

Nuttinfor me in the zachary area but a few limbs down and power was out a couple of days. Some folks weren't as lucky.

USN 87-97 AMS-2 (AW)
13 Fatboy Lo
94 Heratige Classic
98 Jeep TJ w/ a few things done to it.
TAS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 12:45 PM   #86 (permalink)

We lost power for a few hours but that happens with almost any kind of storm.
Mrmrezg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 01:01 AM   #87 (permalink)

Isaac

In the New Orleans area, we lost power for 42 hrs, cable/internet for 54 hrs. Minor roof damage ane one communications antenna down. Compared to others in the region, we were blessed.

Picked up my first harley, actually first bike, earlier last month... 2012 Dyna Super Glide Custom..1 yr old dealer rental bike. Enjoying very much.

Guess this is my intro to the LA registry.
katrina05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 12:19 AM   #88 (permalink)
Retired Army

Still in the high 70's today, just saying!
Old 12-04-2012, 09:57 AM   #89 (permalink)

Checking in from the Hammond/new Orleans area! Lets ride!

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
RicManSr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 12:48 AM   #90 (permalink)

Gramercy Area Checking In