Connecticut Registry - Page 61 - Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum
Harley-DavidsonForums.com is an independent enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Harley-DavidsonForums.com is not sponsored by or in any way affiliated with Harley-Davidson Inc.. The Harley Davidson names and logos are trademarks owned by Harley-Davidson Inc.

Go Back   Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum > General Forum > Member Location Registries

» Insurance
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2012, 08:45 AM   #601 (permalink)

I'm In Bethany (just north of New Haven) I had a Fatboy and sold it in June to help fund some home repair bills that jumped out at us all at once. Bought an 07 Sportster 1200C in August (it was all I could afford at the moment), rode it home from the dealer, and took it apart the next day! I'm attempting to turn it into my version of a bobber or "bar hopper". Hope to get back to a Big Twin as well within the next year or two. Until then, it's project bar hopper full speed ahead!! .... Oh I forgot to mention, I have never done anything mechanical on a bike except change the oil so this should be interesting!! I have some videos on You tube I will leave a link to if anyone wants to see them.

Last edited by Redrooster66; 11-16-2012 at 07:55 AM.
Redrooster66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 07:27 PM   #602 (permalink)

Hey there, got some nice riding up that way... back in the day I dated a Girl from up there.

Once you go Bagger, you don't come back
JBONE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 11:09 AM   #603 (permalink)

Yeah, there is some nice riding here. We ride up Rt 8 a lot and come back down Rt. 63. ... Especially nice in the fall time! ...
Redrooster66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 02:39 PM   #604 (permalink)

You Fellas have a good Thanks...

Old 11-21-2012, 03:07 PM   #605 (permalink)
Trade School Alumnus

Thanks J,
You and tours have a Happy Thanksgiving.
I may just pop out for a little cruise tomorrow.

Al
And a Happy Thanksgiving to all the other Guy's and Gals
Stock CVO 110 Mufflers, K&N A/C, Stock Heads, SE 103" BB kit, Andrews 26H Cams, Mustang wide Touring Seat, Stock Bars, H-D Oil Cooler, 1990's LeatherWorks inc Saddle Bags & Modified HD Deluxe Guards, H-D Luggage rack, H-D Windshield, SE Fork Brace, SE Comp, Thunder Max A/T, S&S Lifters, Zipper's dual piston tensioners, Progressive Mono tubes & 422 Shocks, SCRC 524
Bagger set up to ride comfortably
Eleft36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 03:12 PM   #606 (permalink)

Happy Thanksgiving everybody.
ctspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 07:38 PM   #607 (permalink)

Hi fellow Nutmegers. You guys missed out on a great ride today. Went out about 7am this morning, rode up thru the Litchfield hills along the Housitonic river on Rt7, then into Ny on Rt341. What a site on top of the mountain on 341, could see for miles right into Vermont. Then onto NY rt9 to Rhinbeck,NY and started back home. Then I woke up at 6am, looked out the window to see snow falling and the ground covered in white. Went back to bed to catch another good dream. At my age I hate to rush time, but Spring can't get here fast enough. See ya.
Old 11-28-2012, 11:27 AM   #608 (permalink)

I'm done for the season now the snow has fallen, and I've gotten a good deal for some chrome controls for the miniapes with cruise so I have to send mine in for a core charge. March can't get here soon enough.
Old 11-28-2012, 03:05 PM   #609 (permalink)

Don sounds like a nice ride..Hell I've had bike away for almost 2 months, things just got crazy with kids...Trying to get tanks completed on bike (stretched) then thats it for this year, Keep it simple this winter???

Old 11-30-2012, 01:24 PM   #610 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBONE View Post
Don sounds like a nice ride..Hell I've had bike away for almost 2 months, things just got crazy with kids...Trying to get tanks completed on bike (stretched) then thats it for this year, Keep it simple this winter???
The ride was only a dream, Jay. Only a dream. However, 50*+ this wk, I might just ride it to work a couple of days, but thats about all.