A warning about Long Ride Shields!! - Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum
Harley-DavidsonForums.com is an independent enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Harley-DavidsonForums.com is not sponsored by or in any way affiliated with Harley-Davidson Inc.. The Harley Davidson names and logos are trademarks owned by Harley-Davidson Inc.

Go Back   Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum > General Forum > New to the Community

» Insurance
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2011, 06:07 AM   #1 (permalink)

Thumbs down A warning about Long Ride Shields!!

Hello to all. I'm new to this forum but not to harleys. I want to share a story to hopefully save you some money.
This post is not obscene or vulgar. It's just to warn some of you. I've had 29 harleys since I was 18 in the Army. About 12 or so I've built back when you could get a basket case for $500 or so. Recently I bought a 8" X-streme from Long Ride Shields and called after recieving it to ask if i could return it for a refund and buy the 9" ultra. I did not unwrap the shield and mount and ride it down the road and expect a return. I would not do that. If i had I would have just sold it to one of my friends. I have been told several times by ******** of Long Ride Shields that they were returning my money through Paypal. Never seen a dollar yet and it has been since 2-28-11. I paid over the phone with my credit card. I posted this message on H-D forums and was banned. It's makes no difference to me. I'm not here to start trouble. It just seems since all the bike shows starting coming on TV that everyore and their brother has tried to cash in and some are just not that honest. So that is why I am on here telling you. Pay by paypal where you can dispute it if this was to happen to you. Buy from a company that has been around for a while an has a good reputation.
I paid for the 9" ultra and had it shipped before i shipped the X-streme back to them for the refund because of a run i was going on. Stay Between the lines.
Old Hog Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 06:42 AM   #2 (permalink)
Grandstanding Member

As much as I don't advocate one-post/member-complaints, we appreciate the heads-up.

Why not stick around and tell us about yourself, and hang out for a while?

Agreed: Some companies do better business then others. Sorry to hear about the bad luck.
Old 03-27-2011, 01:08 PM   #3 (permalink)

Sounds as though you have plenty of knowledge to share with the members here. I think that we would appreciate hearing more about your Harley experiences. Welcome to the forum from Virginia. Plenty of good folks and good information here. Enjoy!!!
Old 03-27-2011, 04:35 PM   #4 (permalink)
Old Fart

Not cool to join and b1tch. It will be interesting to see if Old Hog sticks around. And if so, how about sharing some of that vast knowledge you have with the regulars.

Sean C. Vigle
Rest In Peace My Friend.
Tcglide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 01:48 PM   #5 (permalink)

I'm still here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcglide View Post
Not cool to join and b1tch. It will be interesting to see if Old Hog sticks around. And if so, how about sharing some of that vast knowledge you have with the regulars.
Yea Bud, I'm still here, First I am a 100% disabled Army veteran. My first bike was a 53 K model, My 2nd was a 1952 45 cubic inch flathead I bought while i was in the Army for $300 bucks. I've had a 36 EL=61" Knuckle and a 47 FL =74" knuckle also. I've owned all but a panhead. I am living in southern WV area now and cannot wait for the weather to warm up a bit. Nice to meet you all. Top of the day to you.

I got out of the Army at 21 and joined a club (Avengers). I rode with them for over 13 yrs until I gave it up. I never knew how good it felt to not have to go on a mandatory run or get fined and maybe probation. I gave the club up back in 93 when most of the old brothers I rode with were gone due to changes in the club. I go when I want and leave when i want. I'm to old and busted up to be taking my time for granted. Yes, I can probably give some knowledge to some others and help and would be glad to do it.

Last edited by Old Hog Rider; 03-28-2011 at 02:00 PM. Reason: Give a bit of info about myself
Old Hog Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 01:52 PM   #6 (permalink)
Grandstanding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Hog Rider View Post
Yea Bud, I'm still here, First I am a 100% disabled Army veteran. My first bike was a 53 K model, My 2nd was a 1952 45 cubic inch flathead I bought while i was in the Army for $300 bucks. I've had a 36 EL=61" Knuckle and a 47 FL =74" knuckle also. I've owned all but a panhead. I am living in southern WV area now and cannot wait for the weather to warm up a bit. Nice to meet you all. Top of the day to you.
Welcome.

I'll give you $600 for that flattie, RIGHT NOW, and you'll double yer money!!
Old 03-28-2011, 02:11 PM   #7 (permalink)
Old Fart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Hog Rider View Post

I got out of the Army at 21 and joined a club (Avengers). I rode with them for over 13 yrs until I gave it up. I never knew how good it felt to not have to go on a mandatory run or get fined and maybe probation. I gave the club up back in 93 when most of the old brothers I rode with were gone due to changes in the club. I go when I want and leave when i want. I'm to old and busted up to be taking my time for granted. Yes, I can probably give some knowledge to some others and help and would be glad to do it.
Good to see that you plan on sticking around! And nice introduction too.Sometimes it's good to be proved wrong!

Sean C. Vigle
Rest In Peace My Friend.
Tcglide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 02:38 PM   #8 (permalink)
2OLD4U

Garage
Welcome to the forum, OHR.

Hlek_52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 03:53 PM   #9 (permalink)

Welcome aboard. Thanks for the info. And look forward to hearing more from you.

I don't know. I never smoked AstroTurf. ~Tug McGraw, when asked if he preferred grass or artificial turf

If the Bible has taught us nothing else, and it hasn't, it's that girls should stick to girls' sports, such as hot oil wrestling, foxy boxing, and such and such. ~Homer Simpson
hockeydawg12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 04:06 PM   #10 (permalink)
Office Linebacker

Welcome from MN... Glad you are joining us.
Interesting background. I bet you have some stories. Do tell. (And we like pics.)