1% support gear - Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum
Harley-DavidsonForums.com is an independent enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Harley-DavidsonForums.com is not sponsored by or in any way affiliated with Harley-Davidson Inc.. The Harley Davidson names and logos are trademarks owned by Harley-Davidson Inc.

Go Back   Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum > General Forum > Off Topic

» Insurance
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2009, 09:42 PM   #1 (permalink)
Banned

1% support gear

Every now and again it is inevitable the topic of motorcycle groups, clubs and 1%ers crops up. I forget where or who but it was mentioned that even club support gear should be wore with caution. It was a conversation some where's regarding the cavalier wear of this Black Label 3 piece patch club that alls you need to do is buy the patches.

Many laughed and few believed:

*** A New Jersey judge sentenced Peter Ciarletta, a would-be member of the Pagans motorcycle club, to eight years in prison for his role in the 2005 shooting death of a man who was killed for wearing a support Hell's Angeles T-shirt. Ciarletta's co-defendant, William "Rodent" Martin, a member of the Pagans, was the trigger man and sentenced last month to 28 years.
badinfluence63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 09:46 PM   #2 (permalink)
Grandstanding Member

Well.....affiliation with any group, even just as a supporter, can get you in hot water. Civilians wearing police support clothing have been shot, walking into stores while being robbed, because the robbers thought they were off duty police.....

Whether it be 81 supporters or LEO supporters, someone will have a problem with it.
Old 08-15-2009, 09:57 PM   #3 (permalink)
Banned

I only posted it because over the years I am gobsmacked by how many naive riders feel they can wear and do what they want. And yeah you can but don't think there's not possibly gonna be any repercussions. There is always somebody bigger and badder.

I always was under the impression that the 3 piece was outlaw and the solid patch was non outlaw. Pretty simple. However you have bad ass LEO clubs like the iron pigs and who I think are an embarassment to there fellow LEO's who wear 3 piece patches and act like 1%ers..
Old 08-15-2009, 10:56 PM   #4 (permalink)
Banned

Leo S ?
XDixiecratX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 10:57 PM   #5 (permalink)
Banned

LEO's= Law Enforcement Officer's
Old 08-16-2009, 02:32 AM   #6 (permalink)
SNAFU organizer

I dont "Support" jack. But yea the gear aint safe outside the supported clubs "turf" or state. And you wouldnt want to make a fool of yourself period, less it cause grief to your supported club and then they'll come get their "support" gear
and wont be too awful friendly about it.
vlade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 04:36 AM   #7 (permalink)
Ragin Cajun

Garage
What is the meaning of these shirts? I see a lot of guys with T-shirts that say support you local outlaws.

05 bagster 883/1200

The only reason some people are alive, is cause it's illegal to kill'um.....
Old 08-16-2009, 05:14 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zetaseven View Post
What is the meaning of these shirts? I see a lot of guys with T-shirts that say support you local outlaws.
usually the ones that wear the "support your local whatever" have either tried to probate and was voted down or scared of the commitment to the club. some that wear it ARE indeed club memebrs but of an affiliate club.
www.dobeckperformance.com
www.electronicjetkit.com
www.raptorperformance.com
big worm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 05:14 AM   #9 (permalink)
Banned

They are sold as fund raisers by the various 1%er organizations. T- shirts, hats beer cozies..anything you can put a logo/design on. Its pretty good money. The HA will be at many/most motorcycle flea markets and Rallies like Laconia, Rendezvous etc..regionally and mostly where ever is considered their turf. Its a little weid here in New England because Outlaw MC and Hells Angel MC are pretty much right on top of each other. New England use to be a HA strong hold. Over the Years the Outlaw MC have made themselves right at home. For exampled there is a chapter of HA in Laconia and there is a chapter of Outlaws a short distance away in Raymond,NH. Unfortunately there have been a few victims of circumstances here as well. An unsuspecting Laconia attendee bought a HA support shirt and accidently wore it into a hangout of the Outlaw MC and he was killed as a consequence.
Old 08-16-2009, 05:18 AM   #10 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by big worm View Post
usually the ones that wear the "support your local whatever" have either tried to probate and was voted down or scared of the commitment to the club. some that wear it ARE indeed club memebrs but of an affiliate club.
I disagree. I think the HA shirts especially are pretty cool looking designs. Radical and spot on with regards to cool looking motorcycle stuff..check out some of these designs:

Mens T-Shirts

I have never seen anything by any other 1%er group as I am in HA territory for the most part.

I can see people buying it being caught up in the moment of a cool motorcycle rally, not fully realizing what they are buying if worn say Down in Jacksonville, Florida,eh.