09 FLHTCU 103 build - Page 2 - Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum
Harley-DavidsonForums.com is an independent enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Harley-DavidsonForums.com is not sponsored by or in any way affiliated with Harley-Davidson Inc.. The Harley Davidson names and logos are trademarks owned by Harley-Davidson Inc.

Go Back   Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum > Technical > Performance

» Insurance
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2012, 01:49 PM   #11 (permalink)

Thanks guys, I'm still waiting to hear back, I was told that the heads were milled.... or was it the gasket size? one or the other and I was told it would bump the comp up to about 9.8 to 1. when it was put together. Like I said it's so much better than stock now It's become an addiction now... lol. It's not going to ever end is it?. It didn't help being at a Bike/car show all weekend.. Thanks again for all your time and input
09 Ultra Classic 103"- 92hp 109tq
Gregg628 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 02:00 PM   #12 (permalink)

yea the building and search for more power never stops, my little evo made 85hp with just a few bolt ons and just like it happened when i raced quads, im out for more and more
98DARKHORSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 11:57 PM   #13 (permalink)

Yeah the evo's run good for sure, my nephew has one on his Wide Glide. It's got some work done to it, he sure loves to do burn outs with it. He probably doesn't get 1000 miles out of a rear tire, but he's always smile'n when ride'n : ) The 88's were good too, had one on my 02 Wide Glide, I'm thinking the dyna's had a lighter flywheel and reved pretty quick, it ended up in a guard rail, a car won that one... : ( I haven't heard anything on the info you asked for so I'll give a call tomorrow. Maybe everyone's rested up from the Bike/Car Show/Party this past weekend...; )
Old 03-03-2012, 06:14 AM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98DARKHORSE View Post
at what lift are you getting those cfm numbers?
.600", as testing to the that insures that head will not be a choke point, as we want to see see the head, pull past the cams lift.
Scott
Old 03-06-2012, 10:22 PM   #15 (permalink)

Thanks again, I printed off our conversation and will deliver it tomorrow.
Happy Riding!!
Old 03-19-2012, 02:12 AM   #16 (permalink)

Thanks for the input, couldn't get a clear answer other than I should've went with power duels with this build from my machinist. I tried 2" baffles with some Rush mufflers, don' t like the performance or the tone or the seat of the pants compaired to the Rush true duels and 2 1/4 V&H, not even gonna dyno it... ordered the V&H power duels with Monster Rounds. I'll let you know the #'s and the seat of the pants as well as the feel..
Old 03-22-2012, 05:12 PM   #17 (permalink)

V&H power duels with Monster Rounds are on their way, should be hear sometime Monday 3/26/12. Will install tuesday. Hopefully dyno'd by the end of next week. I have to take it to Topeka Ks Harley Davidson (about 120 miles) as my local H-D dealership, Alefs H-D, will not take my money to dyno an engine that wasn't built at their shop.... Topeka, Ks H-D treats me like gold and are more than happy to take my $$, not to mention Eddy on the Dyno is top notch. (am I throwing jabs at Alefs H-D, Yes . I'm I Giving 5 out of 5 stars to Topeka H-D, Yep )
Old 03-30-2012, 06:54 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregg628 View Post
V&H power duels with Monster Rounds are on their way, should be hear sometime Monday 3/26/12. Will install tuesday. Hopefully dyno'd by the end of next week. I have to take it to Topeka Ks Harley Davidson (about 120 miles) as my local H-D dealership, Alefs H-D, will not take my money to dyno an engine that wasn't built at their shop.... Topeka, Ks H-D treats me like gold and are more than happy to take my $$, not to mention Eddy on the Dyno is top notch. (am I throwing jabs at Alefs H-D, Yes . I'm I Giving 5 out of 5 stars to Topeka H-D, Yep )
i stumbled back onto this thread...do you have a date set up for a dyno yet....how bout a cam...are you still running the original cam you had?...also from what i have found the se filter only flows arround 135cfm which on a 103 really is only around 4500 rpm just a touch over so you may want to consider a filter from woods i just got one of there 251cfm filters for my evo...it looks great and has alot more surface area then the se filter...although a $180 set up i know my filter will not slow me down
Old 03-30-2012, 06:54 PM   #19 (permalink)

oh also when you get it dyno'd be sure to post up the sheet for us to check out
Old 03-31-2012, 01:53 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98DARKHORSE View Post
oh also when you get it dyno'd be sure to post up the sheet for us to check out
Man, you know that if your right on the air cleaner, which makes sense to me, I can't believe that my builder or the the others didn't pick up on that. Honestly I didn't know how much air it was flowing, I just ass....umed the S.E. air cleaner was what I needed. At the time I bought it maybe it was. At that time it was still a stock 96" with V&H mufflers. I don't think I had the TTS tuner yet. I put a call into Wood Performance and left a message. I sure hope your right!!
Good news for me is that an old friend of mine just opened a shop and has a new Dyno and has been running one for several years and has a good reputation. He had to get the software for TTS as he was set up for the Power Commander. I had him put the bike on the dyno with this last exhaust configuration, Rush True duels with Rush 2" baffles. with no tuning it came in at 82hp and 97tq. I'm surprised it lost 10hp and 12 tq just by going from 2 1/4 baffles to 2" baffles. He thought that if he did tune it he could get it back up to were it was at 92hp and 109tq. Update Bob Wood just called me back, cool guy, he told us to dial it in on the dyno then pull the air cleaner off and check it. He said that should tell us if it needs a bigger air cleaner. He also recommend the 777 cams and that would get us easily to 103hp and and 115tq.... I'm going to check into that, Thanks DarkHorse, I believe your onto something. When this is done hopefully it'll help others to find the right set up and not have to spend the time and $$ I have trying to get it figured out.... I'm addicted to my bike!!! lol Peace Brother and I'll update as soon as some changes are made and post dyno sheet pics as well.