Stage 4 and exhaust - Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum
Harley-DavidsonForums.com is an independent enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Harley-DavidsonForums.com is not sponsored by or in any way affiliated with Harley-Davidson Inc.. The Harley Davidson names and logos are trademarks owned by Harley-Davidson Inc.

Go Back   Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum > Technical > Performance

» Insurance
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-24-2012, 03:39 PM   #1 (permalink)

Stage 4 and exhaust

Hey guys,
I dropped of my bike for SE PRO stage 4 kit. Got what I feel is a good deal. $2600 including all parts, ACR's, labor, tax and Dyno.
Currently I have a Ventilator w/K&N air intake and screamin eagle street performance mufflers. My bike has no cats in the head pipe, I visually checked it. So my question is, how much am I loosing from my exhaust setup in this build. I prefered my slip-ons and exhaust becasue of the way they look and moderate volume level. From what I understand a good 2 into 1 are suppose to be the best performance wise but I would rather not go that route, unless I realy had to. Possibly different Slip-on's would be a better option. I hope in the end to get 105+ HP and Trq.

Thx.
DynaBob09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 09:01 PM   #2 (permalink)

What size motor do you have. Do you have the 103? If you do the stage 4 kit should put you close to 110 to 115 HP. Even with your slip ons.
mrmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 09:10 PM   #3 (permalink)

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmetal View Post
What size motor do you have. Do you have the 103? If you do the stage 4 kit should put you close to 110 to 115 HP. Even with your slip ons.
Yes I have the 103. If I get over 110 HP & Trq I will be a happy man. That is what the SE catalog promises but I did not want to get my hopes up. The deal I am getting comes with one dyno tune so, if I do not like my numbers and want to try different slip-ons or a 2 into 1, I will have to pay for a whole new tune. I assumed my SE slip-ons are robbing power due to them not being that loud, I figured they must be restrictive. Maybe I am wrong?
Old 11-24-2012, 09:21 PM   #4 (permalink)

The slip ons might take away around 5 HP. One thing I don't care about on that stage 4 kit is the 58mm throttle body. It's good for higher RPMs but a 55 mm throttle body would have better throttle response in the midrange area were you needed the most.But it is a pretty good kit For the money. The LSR and the thunder headers produce the best power. That LSR is probably a little bit quieter than the thunder header.
Old 11-24-2012, 09:46 PM   #5 (permalink)

Never saw the LSR stuff, looks interesting. Was looking at the D & D Fat Cat as I like the ground clearence but I never heard it in person. For only a 5 HP difference, I would stay with what I have now and like.
Old 11-24-2012, 09:51 PM   #6 (permalink)

LSR link

RB Racing LSR Pro Stock Spyder 2-1 Exhausts for Harley-Davidson
Old 12-04-2012, 06:56 PM   #7 (permalink)

What do you about of the Samson Powerflo 3, 2 into 1 pipe? I like the look, sound and the ground clearence it gives. You know anything about its performance?
Old 03-28-2014, 01:22 PM   #8 (permalink)

a two into one will give u more power im running a rhinehart two into one and love it quite but rich mellow tonw
fltrx 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 01:23 PM   #9 (permalink)

loud has nothing to do with it its the way they push the exhaust gases out
fltrx 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 05:27 PM   #10 (permalink)

I have that set up on my StreetBob. Question: Did the SE 'PRO' Super Tuner computer module come with your kit? It did mine. Somebody who knows their stuff can tune that motor as well as the old school Dyno tuning way and nail it.

Tony, the younger mechanic at the shop I deal with, is REALLY up to date on this stuff. He's been dealing with it since it first came out and drag races one of his own machines. He runs the SE PRO Stage IV kit in his own bike, and he has his choice of anything. He tweaked the set-up a bit based on his own personal experience, and dialed it in perfect. He told me that swapping from my SE Street Performance Dual Shorty's, although I DO love the looks and sound of them, to the Thunderheader system that he swears by, told me that flat out I would see a minimum of 12 horsepower at the rear wheel and probably 14. He said, and I'm quoting here, "You'll feel the difference as soon as you pull out of the parking lot. Guaranteed." So I took the plunge and they came in yesterday but I have to sell my Screamin' Eagles before I can have them put on.

Having that SE PRO Super Tuner to work with makes all the difference in the world. As far as mid-range torque goes.....I can pull the front wheel up in second by snapping the throttle. There is NO hesitation anywhere and mine pulls hard from 2,800 and at 3,500 it feels like afterburners are kicking in. There is NO hesitation or let off anywhere in the power band.

Disclaimer: The Thunderheader system is for closed course competition use only...wink
Attached Images
File Type: jpg screamin'eaglerightsidebike.jpg (1.41 MB, 15 views)

SE 'PRO' Stage IV Race Kit installed, SE Variable Pressure Clutch, Thunderheader Racing 2 into 1 Exhaust System, SE Orange 'Phat' plug wires, mag wheels buffed out by hand, orange engine paint accents done myself, and too much wax...lol
StreetBob4 is offline   Reply With Quote