how rallies have changed - Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum
 52Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 27 (permalink) Old 04-17-2017, 07:44 PM Thread Starter

how rallies have changed

My wife and I have been talking of going to Sturgis in 2019 I will be 60 That year I have been before 1979-2004 (and yes I brought a tent) She never has
we have been to a few so called rallies and things have changed
What's with the golf carts? And yes both times I rode mine all the way in 79 from Houston TX in 04 from NC some where I lost it I'm confused I do like the entertainment but just not sure I fit in with golf carts and those that trailer there bikes instead of riding so just looking for some input (am I just getting to old to enjoy Sturgis)
or do I go anyway and just hope there are a few more who think the best part is the riding there and back?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 (permalink) Old 04-17-2017, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckanear007 View Post
My wife and I have been talking of going to Sturgis in 2019 I will be 60 That year I have been before 1979-2004 (and yes I brought a tent) She never has
What's with the golf carts? And yes both times I rode mine all the way in 79 from Houston TX in 04 from NC some where I lost it I'm confused I do like the entertainment but just not sure I fit in with golf carts and those that trailer there bikes instead of riding so just looking for some input (am I just getting to old to enjoy Sturgis)
or do I go anyway and just hope there are a few more who think the best part is the riding there and back?
I'm riding to Sturgis with 3 other guys this year...be my third time...2003, 2015 and this year! Not into camping now days! We always book at the Holiday Inn Express in Deadwood. Not to far of a ride to Sturgis and a fun town to party and walk to our room! Don't do golf carts, trailers, etc. Just not my style...guess I'm still a bit old school!!

I agree that ridin' there and back is the best part! Always plan a ride in Colorado in the mountains!! I'm leaving from Austin, Texas and pickin' up 3 guys in Fort Worth!

Too old for Sturgis...well I guess it's a personal decision...I'll be 74 this year and love the ride and the Rally!! Fun!!

Maybe even see ya there!!

2015 Electra Glide Ultra Classic
Mysterious Red Sunglo/Blackened Cayenne Sunglo
Stage 4 Kit
ThunderMax Tuner
Vance & Hines True Duals
RC Component mufflers
post #3 of 27 (permalink) Old 04-17-2017, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmers View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckanear007 View Post
I'm riding to Sturgis with 3 other guys this year...be my third time...2003, 2015 and this year! Not into camping now days! We always book at the Holiday Inn Express in Deadwood. Not to far of a ride to Sturgis and a fun town to party and walk to our room! Don't do golf carts, trailers, etc. Just not my style...guess I'm still a bit old school!!

I agree that ridin' there and back is the best part! Always plan a ride in Colorado in the mountains!! I'm leaving from Austin, Texas and pickin' up 3 guys in Fort Worth!

Too old for Sturgis...well I guess it's a personal decision...I'll be 74 this year and love the ride and the Rally!! Fun!!

Maybe even see ya there!!
Damm, wish I was the 4th guy you were picking up in Fort Worth!
FartBoy and Jimmers like this.

post #4 of 27 (permalink) Old 04-17-2017, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phdharley50 View Post
You're more than welcome to join us Doc!! We've had our rooms booked for months, so I don't know if you could get one this late or not, but you're welcome to try...then come ridin' with us!! Funny...one of the guys in our group is named Doc too. He was a medic in Vietnam!!
tommytailspin and tekslk like this.

Stage 4 Kit
ThunderMax Tuner
Vance & Hines True Duals
RC Component mufflers
post #5 of 27 (permalink) Old 04-17-2017, 08:33 PM
luv the low country

Me too, Jimmers. Holy chit, 74, didn't think anybody on here was older than me. I'd love to go to Sturgis. Its only 1874 miles from here and I could iron butt it in 27 1/2 hrs.
Sportyman and Jimmers like this.

'02 FLHRCI

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759
post #6 of 27 (permalink) Old 04-17-2017, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scspartan View Post
Me too, Jimmers. Holy chit, 74, didn't think anybody on here was older than me. I'd love to go to Sturgis. Its only 1874 miles from here and I could iron butt it in 27 1/2 hrs.
Bring it!!!

Stage 4 Kit
ThunderMax Tuner
Vance & Hines True Duals
RC Component mufflers
post #7 of 27 (permalink) Old 04-17-2017, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmers View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phdharley50 View Post
You're more than welcome to join us Doc!! We've had our rooms booked for months, so I don't know if you could get one this late or not, but you're welcome to try...then come ridin' with us!! Funny...one of the guys in our group is named Doc too. He was a medic in Vietnam!!
I'll talk to you more about this in Kerrville.
Jimmers likes this.
post #8 of 27 (permalink) Old 04-17-2017, 09:49 PM
JLR

Quote:
Originally Posted by scspartan View Post
Well there youngin' I'll be 74 this year too.
Kainam, tommytailspin and Jimmers like this.

Jim

2007 FLHTCUSE2
S.E. 10.5:1 pistons, S.E. 251 cams, S.E. pro tuner
Big Sucker ll, Rinehart True Duals

1977 Triumph Bonneville Silver Jubilee
post #9 of 27 (permalink) Old 04-18-2017, 05:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLR View Post
Well there youngin' I'll be 74 this year too.
Kinda sneaks up on ya...huh!!
JLR likes this.

Stage 4 Kit
ThunderMax Tuner
Vance & Hines True Duals
RC Component mufflers
post #10 of 27 (permalink) Old 04-18-2017, 06:24 AM
luv the low country

Wow, "The 70 Year Old Plus Club". I'm not too for behind y'all, 72 the past January.
Kainam, tommytailspin, JLR and 1 others like this.

'02 FLHRCI

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode