FXRG riding gloves. The "G" stands for Garbage! - Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum
Harley-DavidsonForums.com is an independent enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Harley-DavidsonForums.com is not sponsored by or in any way affiliated with Harley-Davidson Inc.. The Harley Davidson names and logos are trademarks owned by Harley-Davidson Inc.

Go Back   Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum > Technical > Recommended Products

» Insurance
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-06-2008, 12:14 PM   #1 (permalink)
Seņor Member

Location: Veracruz, Ver. Mexico (I rarely take off my flack jacket. ;-)
Thumbs down FXRG riding gloves. The "G" stands for Garbage!

I'm so pissed!:
Was oiling up my 10 day old pair of FXRG gloves this morning and noticed that the lining is coming out of them!

I bought a pair of the old style FXRG textile gloves last year. These looked like well built gloves. Until the outside seams came apart.
On the first ride!

I also have the middle weight textile jacket. A nice jacket except for the fact that the snaps for the liner keep falling off. Took it back to a dealer and they had to send it in to get the snaps replaced. Between shipping and logistics, I was without a jacket for over 4 months.

This second pair of FXRG gloves (the new "improved" leather ones) are only 10 days old.

This is the best gear that the MOCO makes?:
A word to the wise. Save your money.

No more Functional Riding Garbage for me!

2010, FLTRX W/ SE 120R.

Welcome to the forum. One of the best places on Al Gores interweb.
If you are new, why not mosey on over to the New Member section and tell us a little bit about yourself and your bike.

IBA#44072
Vettster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 05:35 PM   #2 (permalink)
Just passing thru

That stinks Vettster,

I do own one pair of the FXRG Gloves. I'm not sure how many ones there are but mine are the leather winter weight gloves. So far the leather is staying soft and they are staying together after two winters.

Thanks for the heads up. For the price these items should be the finest that there is.

Pics
EZE RIDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 04:11 PM   #3 (permalink)
Curmudgeon

I bought a pair of Gorgonz gloves at the local discount store for $10 they're grate picked up a 2nd pair going back to get another pair the modle glove is, 180s exhale heating system picked them up at ocean state job lot. I googled the gloves they're on e-bay. hope this helps
scol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 05:42 AM   #4 (permalink)
Trade School Alumnus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettster View Post
I'm so pissed!:
Was oiling up my 10 day old pair of FXRG gloves this morning and noticed that the lining is coming out of them!

I bought a pair of the old style FXRG textile gloves last year. These looked like well built gloves. Until the outside seams came apart.
On the first ride!

I also have the middle weight textile jacket. A nice jacket except for the fact that the snaps for the liner keep falling off. Took it back to a dealer and they had to send it in to get the snaps replaced. Between shipping and logistics, I was without a jacket for over 4 months.

This second pair of FXRG gloves (the new "improved" leather ones) are only 10 days old.

This is the best gear that the MOCO makes?:
A word to the wise. Save your money.

No more Functional Riding Garbage for me!
Why oil 10 day old gloves, or any gloves?

Al
Stock CVO 110 Mufflers, K&N A/C, Stock Heads, SE 103" BB kit, Andrews 26H Cams, Mustang wide Touring Seat, Stock Bars, H-D Oil Cooler, 1990's LeatherWorks inc Saddle Bags & Modified HD Deluxe Guards, H-D Luggage rack, H-D Windshield, SE Fork Brace, SE Comp, Thunder Max A/T, S&S Lifters, Zipper's dual piston tensioners, Progressive Mono tubes & 422 Shocks, SCRC 524
Bagger set up to ride comfortably
Eleft36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 10:19 AM   #5 (permalink)

Thanks for the Information. I am looking for Cold Weather Riding Gloves. Been looking every where and can not find a pair that is comfortable that still gives you the dexterity needed that are warm enough. If any one has any more info on winter riding gloves please let me know. I want to try and stay away from the heated gloves.

Thanks
Mike
sgtcoffey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 11:40 AM   #6 (permalink)
Seņor Member

Location: Veracruz, Ver. Mexico (I rarely take off my flack jacket. ;-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleft36 View Post
Why oil 10 day old gloves, or any gloves?

Al
Because they are made of leather.

2010, FLTRX W/ SE 120R.

Welcome to the forum. One of the best places on Al Gores interweb.
If you are new, why not mosey on over to the New Member section and tell us a little bit about yourself and your bike.

IBA#44072
Vettster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 03:55 PM   #7 (permalink)

The address below is for battery heated gloves. Not by bike battery but lithium ion packs on each glove. They are not leather but they are the warmest gloves I've ever worn, even with the heat off. Rode at 22 deg F and hands were toasty.

http://www.warmthru.com/index.html.

Bought mine at twomorrowssupply.com
Old 05-26-2009, 09:49 PM   #8 (permalink)
_-FEARLESS-_

This is a bad news for me... I just bought FXRG textile jacket, boot 3, helmet and gloves. I spent almost paid $1300!!
I hope my stuff will last more than yours
I'm going to try them tomorrow for the first time.

Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul
check_valve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 12:51 AM   #9 (permalink)
_-FEARLESS-_

Checked my opinion on the gears.
My New Gears

Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul
check_valve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 12:30 AM   #10 (permalink)
Old Member

Don't forget that most of the HD clothing are made in 3rd.world country's so they can make a hugh profit off of you.
Hawkmann is offline   Reply With Quote