Tombstone - Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum
Harley-DavidsonForums.com is an independent enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Harley-DavidsonForums.com is not sponsored by or in any way affiliated with Harley-Davidson Inc.. The Harley Davidson names and logos are trademarks owned by Harley-Davidson Inc.

Go Back   Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum > Rides, Rallies, and Riders > Ride Suggestions and Ride Reports

» Insurance
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2011, 09:08 PM   #1 (permalink)

Garage
Tombstone

Been thinking about making the trip to Tombstone,Az. Going to try for Apr 1st(our anniversary ) Has anybody been there that can share there experience?

Thanks Tiny
Woods 777 cams
Vance & Hines Black Radius Shots
Power Commander V w/ auto tuner
Oil bud cooler
2005 Deluxe blue & white(hers)
Operating Engineers Local 12
TinyPeckerwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 09:27 PM   #2 (permalink)
2OLD4U

Garage
I've been there, but to tell you the truth, it was so long ago that i don't remember it very well. I know i saw Boot Hill and there was something about a rose too.

Since you'll be going right past it, you might want to stop in and see Old Tucson Studios. It's just a bit west of Tucson. I thought that was pretty cool.

HÍlek_52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 09:30 PM   #3 (permalink)

Well I was there about 15 years ago.. Flew into Tuscon with my GF at the time. Went to Tombstone... LOVED it! It was awesome and it's one of the placed I like to go back to...even better on a bike! Went on down to Mexico. Great places to ride a bike...wasn't a lot of places to get gas so keep your tank full!

2013 H-D Street Glide
2013 Victory Vision
2013 Victory Cross Country
big6x6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 04:19 AM   #4 (permalink)

Buddy just rode it solo, really enjoyed it. I've been meaning to go once I get my bike up again
JimmyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 08:38 AM   #5 (permalink)

Took the wife and family there a couple summers ago. Was a blast. You gotta go into Big Nose Kate's bar and get something to eat / drink. Also, just off the main the street there was a shop that had pretty good deal on motorcycle leathers. The gun fights are fun to watch too.

We went from there, through Yuma to San Diego. The drive to Yuma sucked...a whole lot of nothing. But once you crossed into Cali and started driving through the white sand dunes and into the mountains, it was pretty cool. You'll actually be coming the other way, from Cali in to AZ. I know the road we took only had about 2 legitimate towns to stop in between Yuma and Tucson. So watch the gas coming through there.

I don't know. I never smoked AstroTurf. ~Tug McGraw, when asked if he preferred grass or artificial turf

If the Bible has taught us nothing else, and it hasn't, it's that girls should stick to girls' sports, such as hot oil wrestling, foxy boxing, and such and such. ~Homer Simpson
hockeydawg12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 07:47 AM   #6 (permalink)

Tombstone is great, and worth the trip. You might pop down to Bisbee too. An old mining town with some good blues bars. Also in that vicinity is Kartchner Caverns, some say better than Carlsbad Caverns.
docster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 07:51 AM   #7 (permalink)

Went a couple years ago with the family. Loved it and one of the only trips that the kids keep askin when are we going back. The metal artwork that is my avatar is from a shop on the street in Tombstone. We did the mine tour in Bisbee too!
I'd love to take the trip on two wheels.
Old 01-28-2011, 10:00 AM   #8 (permalink)
SwampRat

Was there this past April and had a Great time ... Stayed at Katy's Kozy Cabins although are many more choices .. Also made a run to Bisbee and ate at their Breakfast Club .. Was awesome.. For a little Night life in Tombstone be sure and check out Big Nose Kates Saloon.. Also Enjoyed Kartchner Caverns as well .. If not too cold might want to try running North a ways and do some Mountain Riding as well ..
Old 02-17-2011, 10:26 PM   #9 (permalink)

We were there last Oct. Had a great time. Rode from Tombstone to Nogales then on up to Tucson.We also went to Old Tucson and really enjoyed it even though they had it decorated for Halloween. I think that with all there is to do out there you will have a good time.
Mhonn2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 12:17 AM   #10 (permalink)

Garage
It looks like the trip ia a definite go. I reserved 7 rooms today. I had to call around for rooms. Most of the motels were booked up. We have about 8 bikes and about 10 people going so far. Should be a great trip, got a great group going. Were even bring our favorite female bartenders. Looks like about a 7 hour ride. We're leaving at 7 am from the local HD dealer. Will stop in Quartzite for food and fuel, then head towards Phoenix and then south on the 80. I'll try to have the wife take a bunch of pics.
Woods 777 cams
Vance & Hines Black Radius Shots
Power Commander V w/ auto tuner
Oil bud cooler
2005 Deluxe blue & white(hers)
Operating Engineers Local 12
TinyPeckerwood is offline   Reply With Quote