Unfortunate Event - Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum
 63Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 58 (permalink) Old 04-12-2017, 10:51 PM Thread Starter
Dirt chewer

Garage
Unfortunate Event

Apologies upfront but I confused this site with the Hdforums site and thought I had a previous account here.

Yesterday My Air Force Vet cousin Randy Miller who Has been like a brother to me was in a tragic motorcycle accident while riding his Harley Road King in Northern NJ. He is currently in critical condition at Morristown Memorial Hospital and it will be a long road to recovery. He has suffered severe head trauma, many broken bones and collapsed lungs. He is currently in an induced coma while trying to stabilize his condition.
Thank you very much in advance for any and all support.

There is a gofundme site setup by his son to help him and his mom with the medical expenses as this I'm sure will be a big one. If interested in donating please pm me.

Photos of Randy below with myself and my mom and another with myself and my brother. First pic he is the one in the middle and 2nd he is on the left wearing HD shirt and 3rd pic is all of us riding.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0939.JPG
Views:	86
Size:	68.8 KB
ID:	588554   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1074.JPG
Views:	97
Size:	194.7 KB
ID:	588562   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1075.JPG
Views:	87
Size:	141.8 KB
ID:	588586  

Last edited by Bigpoppa; 04-13-2017 at 08:49 PM. Reason: removed link
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 58 (permalink) Old 04-12-2017, 11:36 PM
Frozen Member

First I want to say he and his wife and son have my prayers and I will help financially, BUT I have to say it sucks that you are only coming to this community to appeal to us as Harley riders and patriots for money in your family's time of need.

In return, I want to ask ONE promise from you- When (not if) he recovers, I hope he joins this community so we can show him more than just financial support. Can YOU help make that happen?
post #3 of 58 (permalink) Old 04-12-2017, 11:57 PM Thread Starter
Dirt chewer

Garage
Below is original response before I realized I confused this site with hdforums.

I knew something like this would happen and totally not the case I am a long time member and have many posts. I have not been on the site in months due to work and when I attempted to log it it appears my account has been deleted or reset. All my bike photos, parts posts and ride posts are no longer part of my account. I can see how you would draw that conclusion but it isn't the case.
Hutch53 and BPercin like this.

post #4 of 58 (permalink) Old 04-13-2017, 12:07 AM
Frozen Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigpoppa View Post
Totally not the case I am a long time member and have many posts. I have not been on the site in months and when I attempted to log it it appears my account has been reset. All my bike photos, parts post and ride posts are no longer part of my account.
One of the mods can help you with that. If one doesnt see this and contact you, please get with one to get your identity here fixed and keep us posted on Randy's progress. Donation made and God Bless.
BPercin and Bigpoppa like this.
post #5 of 58 (permalink) Old 04-13-2017, 12:16 AM Thread Starter
Dirt chewer

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by naknekpete View Post
One of the mods can help you with that. If one doesnt see this and contact you, please get with one to get your identity here fixed and keep us posted on Randy's progress. Donation made and God Bless.
Thanks. While I was just trying to search for old posts i just realized that HDforums and this site Harley-Davidsonforums are totally separate sites. I have an account on hdforums which I am going to make the same post on. Sorry for the confusion.
I will absolutely keep everyone updated but it will be a long road I'm sure being he isn't even into day two since the accident occurred.

Here is the link for the same post I just made on hdforums where the account is that I Thought was on this site.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/the-g...l#post16131533
post #6 of 58 (permalink) Old 04-13-2017, 12:30 AM
Frozen Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigpoppa View Post

Thanks. While I was just trying to search for old posts i just realized that HDforums and this site Harley-Davidsonforums are totally separate sites. I have an account on hdforums which I am going to make the same post on. Sorry for the confusion.

Here is the link for the same post I just made on hdforums where the account is that I Thought was on this site.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/the-g...l#post16131533
Well youre a member here now too, so the request stands. Please prove I'm not just a sucker by getting your cuz to join so we can give him crap about his driving before long.
phyhowe, BPercin and Bigpoppa like this.
post #7 of 58 (permalink) Old 04-13-2017, 12:53 AM Thread Starter
Dirt chewer

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by naknekpete View Post
Well youre a member here now too, so the request stands. Please prove I'm not just a sucker by getting your cuz to join so we can give him crap about his driving before long.
Your absolutely not a "sucker". It will be quite sometime before he is recovered just to the point to be able to acknowledge others in the room. Very bad situation. I will update the post as i get info. Check out my same posts on hdforums and Xlforums. I have been a member there for quite sometime just to give you a sense that I'm not new to the community.
Kainam and naknekpete like this.
post #8 of 58 (permalink) Old 04-13-2017, 05:51 AM
Wayward Son

Prayers up and out.
(Due to potential for scams and abuse. GFM links are not permitted on this site)
big john@dog and Bigpoppa like this.

People are why I love my Dog and my Harley.

You want blood? You got it!
The first one is the hardest.
G.F.T.D.

Valhalla I am coming.
You`ve been, Thunder~Struck !
A.T.W.
You can have your funky world. See ya round.

I.L.M.O. Rolo
04/03/14-07/27/16
post #9 of 58 (permalink) Old 04-13-2017, 07:24 AM

Garage
Prayers up for a speedy recovery
Bigpoppa likes this.
post #10 of 58 (permalink) Old 04-13-2017, 08:37 AM

Sending prayers to him and his family...you too!
Bigpoppa likes this.

2015 Electra Glide Ultra Classic
Mysterious Red Sunglo/Blackened Cayenne Sunglo
Stage 4 Kit
ThunderMax Tuner
Vance & Hines True Duals
RC Component mufflers

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode