camping on your bike trips - Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum
Harley-DavidsonForums.com is an independent enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Harley-DavidsonForums.com is not sponsored by or in any way affiliated with Harley-Davidson Inc.. The Harley Davidson names and logos are trademarks owned by Harley-Davidson Inc.

Go Back   Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum > Rides, Rallies, and Riders > Ride Suggestions and Ride Reports

» Insurance
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-18-2012, 05:21 PM   #1 (permalink)

camping on your bike trips

was just wondering how many here enjoy camping on your bike trips my wife and i camp on most of our trips just wanted to know how many others enjoy this
buckanear007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 05:33 PM   #2 (permalink)

Camping on a bike & sleeping in a tent ranks #2 in my books.
z006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 07:13 PM   #3 (permalink)

Always Tented ,nothin like a long ride and then drinkin at a campfire .Can,t get the wife to go on over nighters with me so its my thing.

Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better Idiot
MVious1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 07:17 PM   #4 (permalink)
THE Yuppie Outlaw

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MVious1 View Post
Always Tented ,nothin like a long ride and then drinkin at a campfire .Can,t get the wife to go on over nighters with me so its my thing.
Well, now I know what I'll be thinking about as I fall asleep tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App
Diezel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 07:20 PM   #5 (permalink)

It's awsome, usually just a sleeping bag tied no tent
harleybeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 07:52 PM   #6 (permalink)

Yup like to camp on the bike, use backpacking stuff to keep it small and light.
phyhowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 09:40 PM   #7 (permalink)
Grandstanding Member

I have a small, 2 man tent (small tent....not a tent fot 2 small men) a sleeping bag, and 2 drop tarps that I throw in the bike and go places.

The tarps are for one on the ground to keep the bottom of the tent dry, and the other is to cover the tent, to keep EVERYTHING dry in the event of a rain storm. A few (4) cheap bungy cords and some washline, and you can make almost any configuration you want.

K-Mart and Walmart sell cheap tents that alone suck ass, but for $30, and then the two tarps (those cheap blue ones) it's a great set up for me. If you get the tent in the spring, you can get them as cheap as $19.99 sometimes at year end close out.

Sleeping bag, tent and taprs all fit in the tourpack. Some clothes in the saddlebag, and a cooler on the back seat.
Old 12-19-2012, 07:50 AM   #8 (permalink)
Hit it she goes boom

If you look to your left, you'll see how much I enjoy camping on the bike. Nothing like riding all day pulling into a town and just asking for directions.. hit our best spots that way. Black plastic garbage bags are my friend, you can use em to clean up, cover your seat in rain, like mini tarps. This past summer I got one of those Coleman battery fans/light combo things... came in handy. Start a fire, have some eats, drink some cold beer, light up a cigar........ life is good!

"Give her full throttle till ya see God... then back off"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diezel View Post
Golds bike sounds like a 66' Chevelle. It's amazing.
GotGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 11:01 AM   #9 (permalink)

I camp almost every trip I go on as long as the OL isnt on the back. Saves lots of money but for me, it really makes me enjoy and appreciate the journey on the bike

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App
GlideWide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 12:00 PM   #10 (permalink)

Garage
This biker Andrew Pain, wrote a book about his travels last year and I found it interesting. I've followed him on facebook and he goes everywhere. Smashwords — Going Small - A Guide to Lightweight Motorcycle Travel — A book by Andrew Pain

Going Small - A Guide to Lightweight Motorcycle Touring: Andrew Pain: 9781469941844: Amazon.com: Books Going Small - A Guide to Lightweight Motorcycle Touring: Andrew Pain: 9781469941844: Amazon.com: Books

Life Church Riders Group Germantown WI
Riding with our Lord!
Knash is offline   Reply With Quote