Kids as passenger - Page 4 - Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum
Harley-DavidsonForums.com is an independent enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Harley-DavidsonForums.com is not sponsored by or in any way affiliated with Harley-Davidson Inc.. The Harley Davidson names and logos are trademarks owned by Harley-Davidson Inc.

Go Back   Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum > Rides, Rallies, and Riders > Rider Technique and Safety

» Insurance
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-31-2011, 09:59 PM   #31 (permalink)
Mod Extraordinaire

Mongo, my daughter was 4YO in the that pic of us. I fee like if the kid can reach the pegs, they're big enough. I don't think there's any statute about it.
TexRod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 04:19 AM   #32 (permalink)
Banned

I never had a bike when 2 of my kids were young. but my youngest two have grown up around them. I never take them for a ride without a sissy bar and without them wearing a helmet ( iknow, contradicting myself)
When my oldest daughter was 13, I would take her for rides alot, well, she would take me for rides..... I rode bitch, I would have to help her take off, but once we were rolling in 1st gear, it was all her. I was only there to put my feet down when we stopped, she could reach the ground, but only 1 foot at a time, bike slightly leaned, and she couldn't hold the Fatboy up.
that all ended when I put my ape hangers on, she cant reach them
Rockerbox1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 10:29 AM   #33 (permalink)
Poser

Cool

Strat,,the Honda trail 70,,,yup mine was blue...

That Little bit of experience makes all the difference XD

there was a kid who also rode the trail 70,
Always on the back wheel,,,only,,lol
taught me to Pop a wheelie,,

His Name was Frank Popavic, Also had a Honda 350 4cyl street bike,
could ride It In the dirt or street for miles on just the back wheel.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Honda Trail 70.jpg (54.0 KB, 20 views)
Old 09-26-2012, 12:07 AM   #34 (permalink)

Haven't taken my oldest out on a ride yet more than just circling the parking lot in our apartment complex, but I remember going on longer trips with my dad when I was 7 or so. jean jacket, fitting helmet, gloves etc. not sure how nervous it made him but I definitely had a blast every time we took off for a cruise.

EDIT* my oldest is 5 and can reach the foot pegs comfortably.

Last edited by fox_doc8403; 09-26-2012 at 12:10 AM. Reason: clarification
fox_doc8403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 02:06 AM   #35 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junster View Post
My little girl (4 at the time) used to love to sit on my lap while cutting grass on a lawn tractor. Noisy and uncomfortable but she will usually fall asleep in 20 mins or so and I had to hold her real tight when I noticed it. I bet my daughter WILL fall asleep on the back of my bike if I take her on a long ride. I'd take her for a short ride around town to get a ice cream or something but not a long rides.

She is now 13 and keeps begging me to pick her up after school on my bike. Such a show off like her dad... 8) 8)
Sir: Enjoy her while you can , kids grow up so fast and you can never get the time back.
webco2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 07:08 PM   #36 (permalink)

my grand dau on her first ride she loves it now was lil nervis first time
buckanear007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 04:04 PM   #37 (permalink)

I rode with my dad every chance i got when i was a kid, now my little girl is big enough to ride (with her feet on the pegs) we will definetly be starting her out with a few short rides this summer. I cant wait and neither can she. she will be learning to ride on th esame bike as i did when i was a kid (i bought back my old man's shovelhead that he sold when i was a teenager)
B.C. boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 05:17 PM   #38 (permalink)
Harley Rider

Garage
[QUOTE=Dave63;372755]The law in my state, is that in order for any child to ride on a motorcycle as a passenger, their feet must touch the pasenger pegs, while seated correctly on the passenger seat. I have to agree with this 100%.

Isn't that how Mongo chooses his women?
TmikeX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 05:51 PM   #39 (permalink)
USMC

I may be unpopular with this statement but I would not take my kids on my road bike when they where small, to me the risk to gain just was not worth the risk.

That said I did teach my son to ride a dirt bike by the time he was four. And I would still be a advocate of keeping my son now 24 off of road bikes ( He still lacks the little bit of fear that keeps us alive)
Grunt is offline   Reply With Quote