Slow Down and Be Vigilant - Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum
Harley-DavidsonForums.com is an independent enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Harley-DavidsonForums.com is not sponsored by or in any way affiliated with Harley-Davidson Inc.. The Harley Davidson names and logos are trademarks owned by Harley-Davidson Inc.

Go Back   Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum > Rides, Rallies, and Riders > Rider Technique and Safety

» Insurance
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2012, 12:07 PM   #1 (permalink)
Mississippi Cajun

Slow Down and Be Vigilant

Just got this. Incredible shots and this video brings to mind how fast things can happen out there. Be careful and ride safe.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/oFkw5JFOmHk
Old 11-28-2012, 12:10 PM   #2 (permalink)
VA Fender Bender

Garage
saw that recently. good reminders in there

http://dmwphoto.smugmug.com

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard
Steven Wright
dmwphoto is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 12:19 PM   #3 (permalink)
Banned

Notice that the majority of those accidents involved excessive speed in adverse weather conditions.

It's one of my more predominant fears when riding in the rain here in California. The ass-hats here just aren't accustomed to driving in the rain and when they're going 70 in a 55 it's kinda hard to slow down or stop when there's a film of water and oil on the road.
RAD_Softail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 12:48 PM   #4 (permalink)

yeah and what about the mindless pedestrians...jeez don't they know the meaning of soft target.
Thanks for sharing-will make my teenaged daughters watch that video.
str8shuutr45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 01:00 PM   #5 (permalink)
Banned

" We're surrounded by moroons",,,,
grouser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 01:07 PM   #6 (permalink)

Garage
Wow, I didn't realize that so many people video themselves as they drive or are all these police videos?

Life Church Riders Group Germantown WI
Riding with our Lord!
Knash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 01:12 PM   #7 (permalink)
icy
Padawan

Garage
moroons & morons. thinking that the tyres will hold, that you can swing left and right on snow, slick surface as easy as any other day, that the cars will stop, that the other guy will see you, that you're invincible, that everybody on the road is just as good as you are, thinking that you can pass the other guy using the same lane as the other guy and that everything will be fine and that you have a right to go fast, on that lane, or any other lane. I see no difference in the attitude here in all the accidents. idiots doing idiotic things. forgetting, not paying attention, not caring for, or about anything or anybody else... and the saddest part is somebody else pays for your stupidity with you. if only you killed yourself alone; then I'd be all for you morons. go, kill yourselves, do us a favor; the roads are crowded and dangerous enough without you and your idiocity. sadly, life does not operate like that... sadly...

thanks for the post. I am sharing this with everybody I know. seeing leads to learning, learning leads to awareness, awareness leads to protection, protection leads to safety.

be safe
icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 01:13 PM   #8 (permalink)
Mississippi Cajun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knash View Post
Wow, I didn't realize that so many people video themselves as they drive or are all these police videos?
I had that same thought. How and who got these vids? Some of those people who were doing the videos are probably quite dead right now. If they ain't dead, at least hurtin' units would describe their status.
Old 11-28-2012, 01:14 PM   #9 (permalink)
icy
Padawan

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knash View Post
in Russia insurance fraud is a big problem. that's why everybody uses these cams to record whatever's happening around them. this is the best evidence. youtube videos are the best by-product of this practice; for which we should all be grateful I know I personally am
icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 01:43 PM   #10 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by icy View Post
in Russia insurance fraud is a big problem. that's why everybody uses these cams to record whatever's happening around them. this is the best evidence. youtube videos is the best by-product of this practice; for which we should all be grateful I know I personally am
Thanks for point out about Russia, I would never have guessed.

Life Church Riders Group Germantown WI
Riding with our Lord!
Knash is offline   Reply With Quote