2014 Breakout Video - Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum
Harley-DavidsonForums.com is an independent enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Harley-DavidsonForums.com is not sponsored by or in any way affiliated with Harley-Davidson Inc.. The Harley Davidson names and logos are trademarks owned by Harley-Davidson Inc.

Go Back   Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum > Specific Model Areas > Softail General Discussions

» Insurance
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-20-2013, 07:30 PM   #1 (permalink)
Swollen Member

Garage
2014 Breakout Video

Actually looks nicer in the video. I don't care for what they did to those rims but the paint actually looks pretty nice in comparison to the harely page pictures. Of course I want a daymaker at some point but very satisfied that I did not wait for a 2014. The seat looks great also, thought it look blah in the pictures.

Does anyone know if the air cleaner is "improved" or just a different model for looks. It looks shorter.
Old 08-20-2013, 08:12 PM   #2 (permalink)

Call me lazy,but thats just WAY too much chrome to keep clean.not a huge fan of the blue color either.I think it looks like something from the early 2000's that people would buy then never ride...
ms6972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 10:06 PM   #3 (permalink)

Garage
Too much chrome for my taste.... I am diggin the extended rear fender for the plate.... OL's back got SOAKED in the rain today.... that would keep the 'sling-up' to a minimum for sure....

"When you're dead... you don't know you're dead, it affects only those around you. The same applies when you're stupid."
tgrisko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 06:26 AM   #4 (permalink)
Swollen Member

Garage
Honestly I find the chrome is way easier to clean than the aluminum I had on my old heritage. That s-1000, or is it 100? stuff really just makes it spray on, rinse off then hit with the leaf blower. Then again, I even have a chrome helmet.....
Old 08-21-2013, 06:29 AM   #5 (permalink)

Garage
It is easier to clean... I think it would have been better with black cases though.. the silver doesn't go well with me....

"When you're dead... you don't know you're dead, it affects only those around you. The same applies when you're stupid."
tgrisko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 06:49 AM   #6 (permalink)
Swollen Member

Garage
To each his own! I do like what you have done to yours by the way. Also, neve thought I would miss those skirted fenders but that front one kicks up all kinda crap too. I just found the videos to look way different than the pictures on harley's site.
Old 08-21-2013, 06:51 AM   #7 (permalink)

Ten years ago. I would of gave this bike a look when I was looking to purchase a Fat Boy. Today I need the bags to fit all my crap. Really nice bike. I love chrome.
joe1221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 07:54 AM   #8 (permalink)

Garage
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe1221 View Post
Ten years ago. I would of gave this bike a look when I was looking to purchase a Fat Boy. Today I need the bags to fit all my crap. Really nice bike. I love chrome.
That will be my 3rd bike.. I like my girls naked.
Grizzly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 09:52 AM   #9 (permalink)

I like most everything about the bike. In a New York minute, I would jump on it as a town bike. Not sure what the 110 comes with for dialing it in, but I would spend a little coin to get the performance and sound just right, pipes etc. Some removable bags if the guards don't look too bad. Perhaps an engine guard. The saddle looks good, but you never know until you sit on it, and put on some miles.
- Ben Stein
redman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 10:26 AM   #10 (permalink)

Garage
Way to much chrome for my taste but it is a pretty bike.