1993 Heritage Softail Value - Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum
Harley-DavidsonForums.com is an independent enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Harley-DavidsonForums.com is not sponsored by or in any way affiliated with Harley-Davidson Inc.. The Harley Davidson names and logos are trademarks owned by Harley-Davidson Inc.

Go Back   Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum > Specific Model Areas > Softail General Discussions

» Insurance
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-14-2010, 10:16 PM   #1 (permalink)

1993 Heritage Softail Value

I bought a 1993 Heritage Softail in April and I am thinking about getting selling it because my wife does not like to ride with me and she wanted her own. We bought her a 2007 Honda Shadow for a starter bike and she didn't put 100 miles on it, and now would like to sell hers. So I am asking for opinions on how much my 1993 Heritage Softail is worth. There is only 17,566 miles on it, 1000 miles on the rear tire and all synthetic oil. It comes with the cover, 3 helmets, battery tender, and heated air dryer. There are some other bolt on goodies and a Stage 1 kit. Is $8000 out of the question?
Thanks,
Tim
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2010-04-25 17.51.12.jpg (783.5 KB, 80 views)
File Type: jpg 2010-04-25_17.50.53.jpg (862.4 KB, 40 views)
tcarda is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-14-2010, 10:21 PM   #2 (permalink)
Grandstanding Member

You can ask $8000 but It will likely go for less. You can buy a 10 year old twin cam for $8000 now, and with the end of the season approaching, there's bikes for sale all over.

You'd do better to wait until spring, (if you can) and Ebay the other stuff separately instead of giving it away with the bike. Technically, you'll be doing just that.... Used helmets bring nothing. The other stuff are good Ebay items.

It's a nice clean bike, but the truth is, it's 18 years old and the market is down.

R.I.P. Rubberdown. 1971-2012
Dave63 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-15-2010, 11:40 AM   #3 (permalink)

You're going to be lucky to get $6000 out of it.
Old 09-15-2010, 11:55 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwbikerid View Post
You're going to be lucky to get $6000 out of it.
unfortunately i think this will be more realistic than 8k. i was just on craigslist looking at bikes and almost had a stroke at the prices, for 10k i could buy a 05 suzuki hyabusa and a 01 road king both less than 10k miles if i bargain a little prolly get it cheaper. i'd sit on it if i could at least til spring. the market is flooded with toys people can't use/play with or afford these days.
www.dobeckperformance.com
www.electronicjetkit.com
www.raptorperformance.com
#00013 1996 ZX9R Kawasaki
big worm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-15-2010, 09:29 PM   #5 (permalink)

Garage
Sounds like the only thing you need to sell is the passenger backrest.
fatcat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-18-2010, 01:24 AM   #6 (permalink)

I just paid $6600 for my '92 Softail Custom with 13,500 miles. And I think I got a good deal. Yours should bring at least that, and probably more like $7000 to $7500. It's a good looking Heritage with relatively low miles. I wouldn't sell it myself, but these are tough times.
Old Sorrel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-18-2010, 04:54 AM   #7 (permalink)
Banned

I paid $8800 for my 98 Fatboy with less than 25K miles on it. that was in October of 2008.
Realisticly your Heritage is worth between $5 and $6
Rockerbox1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-21-2010, 07:43 AM   #8 (permalink)

Thanks everyone for your input. I am thinking I will hold onto my Heritage until I sell my wifes Honda in the spring, because it would really piss me off if I sold mine and then she kept hers....LOL. I will probably hang onto it over the winter and list hers first in the spring.
Great forum! I really enjoy reading this forum compared to some other ones that I go on.
tcarda is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-21-2010, 07:59 AM   #9 (permalink)
Banned

5k....tops
Badassbrutus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-21-2010, 11:37 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatcat View Post
Sounds like the only thing you need to sell is the passenger backrest.
I agree!

Why would you sell a bike like that?

If you must sell it though, remember it's supply and demand which dictates the price you get for it.

Someone just might be looking for that bike, and they will pay your price. It's great looking bike and I'm sure it runs perfectly!

Good Luck!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.